REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   LF: Witness/Dashcam at Nanimo and E 6th Ave (https://www.revscene.net/forums/707358-lf-witness-dashcam-nanimo-e-6th-ave.html)

Tillerz 01-27-2016 08:47 PM

LF: Witness/Dashcam at Nanimo and E 6th Ave

Hi all,

looking for a witness at nanimo and 6th ave on Jan. 27th approx 6:55-7:05pm who witnessed or may have caught on dashcam a car accident between a blue honda civic and a white toyota minivan.

There was a black SUV who saw this crash, but drove off before I could get out of my car, just hoping someone on here saw this happen.

Thank you!

alex.w *// 01-27-2016 09:15 PM

sorry, I just drove by there, and saw the aftermath.

Hope everyone ok!

Tillerz 01-28-2016 12:56 PM

Thanks for your concern alex.w!!

Everyone is okay, really sore and stiff in the neck, shoulder and back especially.

The guy who turned left into me wasn't admitting fault and refusing to give his license to me so it was frustrating. And the witness just drove off. But got it all cleared with icbc now and they are saying its 100% his fault.

So will not be needing the witnesses anymore.

Thanks all for taking a look at this thread!

GLOW 01-28-2016 01:16 PM

what happens in that situation where the other party is refusing to provide a DL?
do you just report it and inform ICBC they refused to provide?

Tillerz 01-28-2016 01:25 PM

I had to call police on the scene (about 10 minute wait since not a huge emergency) and they had to get the info from him.
There was a bit of a language barrier in his defense, but in my opinion you should know to get out license and insurance in an event of a crash.

But I did take pics of his plate and him in the event he didn't provide

pb.kidz 01-28-2016 02:16 PM

I would strongly consider getting a dash camera

Alby 01-28-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8721565)
what happens in that situation where the other party is refusing to provide a DL?

last time i dealt with ICBC i asked the same question. they said you don't really need their DL no more. just the LP info is sufficient.

CRS 01-28-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8721565)

This has happened to me before.

I asked for his licence, he refused - he didn't even acknowledge there was contact between his car my mine. This is despite my front license plate being ripped off (thankfully all caught on dashcam).

I just called ICBC and they asked if I wanted to report it as a hit and run since they were refusing to cooperate. I told them I had him right here but the CSR just said they'll classify it as a hit and run until the other party contacts them.

TOPEC 01-28-2016 07:52 PM

it makes me wonder y some people would refuse to provide their drivers licenses info. maybe theyre not supposed to be driving in one way or another and when it comes time to report to icbc, another person who is legal to drive will claim they were the one driving. it just makes them more suspicious if they are refusing.

H.Specter 01-28-2016 07:59 PM

the driver's license is not necessary as long as the other vehicle is from BC and has a BC license plate. This is because the other vehicle's insurance policy follows the license plate, and not the driver's license.

fliptuner 01-28-2016 08:03 PM

Yeah, fuck that shit. If they don't want to give their info, just call the cops and let them deal with it or call it in as a hit and run.

People should know how to deal with an accident (pull over, exchange info, etc) - at fault or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.Specter (Post 8721666)
the driver's license is not necessary as long as the other vehicle is from BC and has a BC license plate. This is because the other vehicle's insurance policy follows the license plate, and not the driver's license.

Yes and no. As long as the vehicle stays insured, it stays with the policy but once that plate is turned in (car sold, policy not renewed) and the owner doesn't insure another vehicle, the surcharge has to go to someone.