REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Your Painfully Tragic Stories Of The Worst Cars You've Ever Owned (https://www.revscene.net/forums/707418-your-painfully-tragic-stories-worst-cars-youve-ever-owned.html)

Cman333 02-17-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey Specter (Post 8723020)
Parents purchased a new Jeep GC Limited back in 1996 which I started driving after I graded HS in 98. Finally traded it in after 2 awful years of ownership.

Problems I had with the Jeep;
-the sunroof broke and cost almost $3,000 to fix.
-transmission blew which was rebuilt covered under warranty. The transmission never felt the same.
-cv joints leaked
-passenger side seat stop working
-radiator leaked, replaced twice under warranty.
-brake pads damaged the brake rotors, dealer claimed "dirt" got embedded in the brake pads.

Was that the beast we worked on way back in the days?

thumper 02-17-2016 04:41 PM

if we were at the bar i would have bought you a round of drinks :beer:

euromoron 02-17-2016 06:00 PM

Well considering my Golf is really the only car I've ever owned, two CELs that turned themselves off in nearly a year and a half of ownership are the only tragic things that have happened. They're probably O2 sensor related, my 21y/o exhaust is junk and fuel economy isn't as good as I've been told it should be so that wouldn't surprise me since the car goes well. Other than that it's been more reliable than I could have imagined (knock on wood), albeit painfully slow.

I've been told VWs are junk countless times, but if that's the case then why do people keep buying them? Serious question.

Volvo-brickster 02-17-2016 09:50 PM

05 Mustang with $16k in warranty work

Transmission rebuilt twice
Transmission eventually replaced with a new unit
2 new headlights
rear set of brake pads replaced
new fuel pump
new cylinder head
new front main seal

68style 02-17-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euromoron (Post 8728238)

I've been told VWs are junk countless times, but if that's the case then why do people keep buying them? Serious question.

Same reason guys always want to fuck troublesome and obviously high maintenance chicks.

Lomac 02-17-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 8728321)
Same reason guys always want to fuck troublesome and obviously high maintenance chicks.

:lol Only half right.

I've owned far more VW's than I care to admit (I stopped counting at 12.) I'll admit that they all had their share of issues, but when they were working perfectly they were an absolute blast to drive.

Except the B3 Passat. Fuck that thing. There aren't enough levels in hell for it.

Noran 02-18-2016 12:23 AM

I've had this 1990 Jetta for about 8-9 months and the 3sp auto just blew on Friday. :)

Only little things went wrong on the RSX - rubber exhaust mounts broke, tail lamp gaskets, most other things were wear and tear parts.

Go-kart breaks all the time but whatever. Stuffed it into a wall twice but it's a racecar so what do you expect?

SaviorSelf_666 02-18-2016 03:25 AM

My worst car right now is my 09' Forester, currently in my 3rd month of ownership (driven for 2), two turbos and now this week a new long block. My FD seems like a better daily than this thing.

Mr.Money 02-18-2016 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster (Post 8728318)
05 Mustang with $16k in warranty work

Transmission rebuilt twice
Transmission eventually replaced with a new unit
2 new headlights
rear set of brake pads replaced
new fuel pump
new cylinder head
new front main seal

oh my fuck...is it a V8?.

Lemon.

punkwax 02-18-2016 07:05 AM

My '92 GTI's cooling fan would stop working when it rained. Pretty much every time.. it rains a lot in BC.

That was the most annoying of the lenghty list of electrical problems that haunted that car.

JesseBlue 02-19-2016 03:30 PM

i had an 88 ford taurus boat...heater went during the winter. before heater core died, it spewed green mist (the coolant) into the cabin. oh i wish it was stolen back then and the thief thinking it was booby trapped