REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources

Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources All Nissan & Infiniti Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 02-04-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
2010 G37 Glove box water leak?

Hey guys,

I hear water storing up behind the glove box area, can someone point me to the right direction? Passenger side floor mat is all wet

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2016, 12:28 AM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Have you had anyone try to diagnose where the water is coming from?
Is it just water or is it green like coolant?
Does the water leak when it rains or when you wash your car?
More details will help. Have you had anyone peek up with a flashlight to see where the water is coming from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2016, 12:37 AM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Check out the passenger side engine grommet under the hood. They tend to fail on our cars. If that's the case then place some clear silicone sealant around the grommet.

Other common leak locations in our cars are the sunroof drain. You can check the passenger side on out by popping off the a/c vent and flashing a light, which will show the sunroof drain. Also, check out the windshield seals.
ijaz_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2016, 03:16 AM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
AZNGUY : It's definitely rain, when i reverse and break, it sounds like a bucket of water rocking around lol.

ijaz97 : ok, i'll check that out tmr thanks for pointing me out!
Old 02-05-2016, 03:34 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
I just went three this on my 08 G35S Sedan which is essentially a G37.

I searched Internet forums high and low trying everything I read and everything pointed to the grommet under the windshield.

After weeks and weeks of trying things i finally figured out what it was.

On the firewall, on the inside of the car there is a plastic grommet with a nipple on it that the passenger side sunroof drain connects to. In my situation the grommet lost it's seal against the firewall and was dripping down under the glove box. I ended up making sure it was completely dry and like a ninja, put silicon on my finger while looking threw the vent caked it on and so far so good 2 months later.

There's 2 ways you can try to figure it out. I poured really hot water down the sunroof drain, which caused condensation to form on the windshield from the steam from where it was leaking.

You can also pull the passenger side air vent out of the dash and with a flash light slightly see the nipple, you may able to see the drip while you pour water down the sunroof drain.

I'm not sure how much you have looked into things, but if yours is anything like mine it took me weeks to figure it out. I suggest you pull the passenger side carpet back in the mean time. Under the carpet they have styrofoam as sound deadening and the floor actually has a dip in it and can hold 6L of water.. Mine was full in heavy rain storms.

Hope that helps, and if you have any more questions let me know.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #6
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Any luck with your leak? Just a heads up, I just found a leak in my car due to the heavy rain the past few days. It ended up being the air duct under the cowl for the cabin air filter. It seems like the seal underneath it failed. I just applied some clear waterproof caulking all around it.

ijaz_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 08:51 PM   #7
I am Hook'd on RS

I worked for nissan before, the G sedans from what i noticed and experienced from my time at nissan is that the drain plug / drain hose that is what causing the leak. They are somewhat tight space to get to but doable. Remove, side pillar and door weatherstrip and visor and lower the headliner abit you should be able to access the drain hose. Drain plug is down the pillar into the firewall, tight but doable.
Zeph331 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2022, 12:19 PM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
If anyone ever runs into this message me, it’s a huge headache and may not be the drain behind the vent lol