REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Aftermath horrible crash in Russia with Murchielago (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708237-aftermath-horrible-crash-russia-murchielago.html)

twitchyzero 03-26-2016 11:04 PM

if the vehicle had the motor in the front, would the driver still be alive?
it didn't even wrap around the pole...it became the pole :(

bobbinka 03-26-2016 11:15 PM

wow. at least let the fire fighters cut through a few pieces of metal to safely remove the passenger, instead of just flopping him back and forth with no neck brace, then pulling him out like that

Harvey Specter 03-27-2016 12:56 AM

Fuck, that's brutal. Wonder how fast he was going.

Mr.Money 03-27-2016 01:01 AM

damn....here i'm looking at super cars like "Fuck Yea,i wanna go fast in those beauties hearing the exhaust"

than reality strikes hard watching videos like these....Fuckin car is a tin can driving any faster than 120km/h into a pole.

4444 03-27-2016 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaPoola (Post 8741253)
Idiots in Europe don't wear seat belts. Also, they plug in seatbelt adapters to fool the car into thinking the seatbelts are on and to turn off the annoying chime.

Therefore, in a crash they fly forward while the air bag explodes in their face :badpokerface:

idiots make claims about things they know little about.

europeans wear seat belts in similar, slightly more, or slightly less rates as north americans.

some idiots will not wear seat belts everywhere in the world.

N.V.M. 03-27-2016 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8741108)
That pole when through the middle of the car. How in the actual fuck...

mid engine, nothing up front for the pole just to cut through the car.

underscore 03-27-2016 08:40 AM

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I want to know what that pole is made out of though.

dark0821 03-27-2016 10:01 AM

http://i67.tinypic.com/2a7bg3p.jpg

I don't know about Europe, but when I was in Shanghai, it is super common in China, everyone, and I mean everyone (all my family members who own cars, to all the cab drivers I have sat in) has one of these seat belt "cheater"s and it is almost like a fashion accessory for your car.....

StylinRed 03-27-2016 10:09 AM

those do look pretty cool... maybe for the unoccupied seats :crazy2:

jasonturbo 03-27-2016 11:33 AM

Considering most of the Russian made videos I have seen this is just bizarre.

Normally I would expect them to free the trapped occupants using kicks to the head etc.

IINur 03-27-2016 02:29 PM

Another interesting thing with exotic cars in Russia is that a lot of them have been in more than one serious accident, serious enough to consider it a write off, such as cracked frames etc. Aftermarket front bumper on this one kind of tells me it's one of those. Russians seem to like repainting and/or putting aem kits on their rebuilds. A car that's been in more than one write off accident won't save you at any speed, let alone flying low.

westopher 03-27-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8741328)
if the vehicle had the motor in the front, would the driver still be alive?
it didn't even wrap around the pole...it became the pole :(

It would have been a motor crushing the driver instead of the pole. When you hit a stationary object like that, all thats going to happen to whatever is in-between you and the pole is going to end up hitting you as hard as the pole would. Sad, but people need to see this. So many fucking retards out there don't understand being an idiot in a car means there is a reasonable chance for someones life to end as a consequence.

JaPoola 03-27-2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8741351)
idiots make claims about things they know little about.

europeans wear seat belts in similar, slightly more, or slightly less rates as north americans.

some idiots will not wear seat belts everywhere in the world.

I was born and grew up in Eastern Europe and visit frequently. I know what I'm talking about.

SkinnyPupp 03-27-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaPoola (Post 8741514)
I was born and grew up in Eastern Europe and visit frequently. I know what I'm talking about.

I see both points. On one hand it sucks to generalize and call people idiots based on where they were born. On the other, if you see a lot of people using those things in one area and not the other, there's probably something to it.

asian_XL 03-27-2016 09:23 PM

the driver's arm is making me shivered

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dHGkUeudC3...00/DDD%2B4.png

Amuse 03-27-2016 09:44 PM

It looked like the passenger wasn't wearing a seatbelt and the crash threw his body forward and up. His head missed the airbag and the top front of his head was split open.

Shorn 03-27-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbinka (Post 8741330)
wow. at least let the fire fighters cut through a few pieces of metal to safely remove the passenger, instead of just flopping him back and forth with no neck brace, then pulling him out like that

yeah as a paramedic that's the part that stuck out to me. while rapid transport is important in major trauma like this, there is a high chance of spinal injury due to the mechanism, so i would at least have a cervical collar/head blocks on. at least they put him on a spine board. guy could end up a quadriplegic because of this.

twitchyzero 03-27-2016 11:41 PM

is it safe for bystanders to pull an unconcious/immobile person out of a car? I know there's a high risk of spine damage.

good samaritans act aside, do you just wait for first responders or potentially let the car erupt in flames?

ziggyx 03-28-2016 12:08 AM

I think it really depends on the scenario. Spine damage is important so you should always leave the person in the car but if there is a fire you should move the person immediately. Potential of fire... that's a tough call.

I think for Vancouver at least, fire fighters are on the scene first most of the time and they would have been able to determine any potential for fire and also start using the jaws of life to start removing the person. By the time paramedics arrive I would think they'd throw the collar onto the neck before moving the person.

Shorn 03-28-2016 02:11 AM

life over limb in the case of a car that is on fire, so you get them out by any means necessary.

but honestly it's pretty rare for a car to explode. and in the event that you think there is a potential for fire for whatever reason (classic movie style gasoline leaking from the car or something) then i would tell you to MOVE AWAY and get to a safe area, because the last thing we need is another patient. safety > everything

4444 03-28-2016 03:15 AM

Quote:

eastern europeans != europeans, they're eastern europeans

stating 'europeans' would indicate a stronger position towards western europeans

StylinRed 03-28-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8741583)
eastern europeans != europeans, they're eastern europeans

stating 'europeans' would indicate a stronger position towards western europeans

here you 2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seat_b...tes_by_country

for the limited number of countries listed, looks like the irish, greeks, eastern europeans, hate their seatbelts

while the rest are pretty good, and only a few are great at seatbelt use

Dragon-88 03-28-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8741308)
Sometimes I'm thankful of having a slow 200hp car that I can drive fast, rather than some 600hp beast.
Even if I want to punch it hard, it takes forever, and that's enough time for me to register the fact that I should slow down before I go retardedly fast and wrap my car around a pole.

But very interesting video. Gives us a perspective that we normally don't see. Not often we actually see the bodies of an accident like that.

This is the exact same concept I have to Motorcycles.. I can punch my Grom anywhere around the city, takes time for speed to build up, hit corners hard but at a controllable speeds.

On the Husky, its boring riding slow and taming the bike. Everywhere I go I have to watch my speed and at no point is it fun to ride in the city.. Hit the HWY or S2S and now I have little room for error or else the slightest fault would cause injury or death.

Everytime I like to open up the throttle, I remember this quote from Rush:

Niki Lauda: There's no need to drive fast, it just increases the percentage of risk. We're not in a hurry, I'm not being paid. Right now, with zero incentive or reward, why would I drive fast?