REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   STOLEN: 97 Civic Hatchback Matte Black in East Van. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708415-stolen-97-civic-hatchback-matte-black-east-van.html)

604STIG 04-10-2016 09:26 AM

STOLEN: 97 Civic Hatchback Matte Black in East Van.

***UPDATE***
Car was found by the RCMP in Surrey, so far all I know if that it looks like the ignition is the only thing that was damaged on it. Will post details as I get them. THANKS to everybody for keeping their eyes peeled.

Hi guys, posting this for my cuz, somebody stole his 97 Civic hatchback. It was taken last night sometime between midnight and 7:30 this morning, in east van, it was parked in east 3rd. It was all matte black, and had the stock 14" (I think 14") wheels back on it. Would love to find it, since he only had basic insurance on it, so no theft coverage.

97 Civic Hatch
Matte Black
Lamborghini emblem on front grille
License plate: 267 TWM

If spotted please call VPD
I'll try to post some pics when I can a little later on. Thanks guys.

Here are some pics I have from when the car was painted, it currently had the stock silver wheels on it

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...psu334urwo.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...psh1a4jbzr.jpg

SkinnyPupp 04-10-2016 09:48 AM

It seems like every other day there's a new stolen car thread here... Fucking hell

Good luck

twitchyzero 04-10-2016 09:13 PM

should be easy to spot this matte lambo :badpokerface:

does it have aftermarket exhaust?

E-SPEC 04-11-2016 07:29 AM

EK Civic with no theft insurance sitting in East Van? What in the flying fuck??

papabear 04-11-2016 07:37 AM

just be thankful its stolen.

604STIG 04-11-2016 07:39 AM

No aftermarket exhaust

604STIG 04-11-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-SPEC (Post 8746018)
EK Civic with no theft insurance sitting in East Van? What in the flying fuck??

It was purchased for dirt cheap just to commute back and forth to work so he only ever had basic on it.

604STIG 04-11-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papabear (Post 8746019)
just be thankful its stolen.

Huh, why? You'd be thankful if your property of any sort was stolen?

fliptuner 04-11-2016 08:00 AM

I don't get all the hate. Guy's car just got stolen. Some people don't care what they drive to work, as long as it's safe and reliable.

originalhypa 04-11-2016 08:48 AM

If I see it cruising around the Surrey/Langley area, I'll call the popo asap.
Thieves suck. Especially when they're hitting folks who can't afford this sort of thing. Life is tough already, and I'm sure the guy doesn't need this sort of thing adding to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 8746027)
I don't get all the hate. Guy's car just got stolen. Some people don't care what they drive to work, as long as it's safe and reliable.

I think it's the lack of insurance that gets people.
He saved a few bucks on a high risk car in a high risk area, and that's the sort of thing that gets people scratching their heads. No one thinks it's going to happen to them. Until they get outside and see a bunch of broken glass where their car once was. I've been there before, and it really sucks.

fliptuner 04-11-2016 08:57 AM

Agreed. I'd do no collision but not cheap out on theft.

a00755836 04-11-2016 08:04 PM

here we go again...

not a great idea to steal a matte civic. and not surprising it was found in surrey.

604STIG 04-18-2016 08:23 AM

Never had a chance to update with the final details once I heard them. So the car was recovered at Scott Road skytrain station with the ignition popped and the covers over and under the steering column broken, nothing else was damaged visually. Mechanically everything seems fine for the most part, only thing he's noticed is that first gear is grinding now.

Now for the weird parts, they filled the car with a full tank of gas. The car was scattered throughout with a crap load of random garbage (ie. empty water bottles, empty bags and random papers and stuff) they actually cleaned all the garbage out from inside the car, front and back seat areas. The deck was still in, nothing was broken nor stolen (wasn't really much to steal though)

A buddy had parts to replace the ignition switch laying around from a previous parts car and the steering column covers were purchased from craigslist for $15, so all in all it turned out to be an inconvenience but probably couldn't have asked for a better outcome to the shitty situation. Thanks everybody for keeping their eyes peeled, much appreciated.

H.Specter 04-18-2016 10:08 AM

^ that's great news, best to check the vehicle for narcotics, might have been used to make "drops"