REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   Things to do in Toronto (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708491-things-do-toronto.html)

instantneedles 04-16-2016 10:23 PM

Things to do in Toronto

Kinda weird coming from a Canadian, but I'm a young guy who is in his 20s and am visiting Toronto for roughly a week or so.

Will be staying in the downtown area for the most part. Any recommendations for things to see/do/attend?

Hehe 04-16-2016 11:45 PM

Do yourself a favor and book Kaji. It's worth both the drive and money.

Hands down the best japanese restaurant I've ever been in Canada.

dutd33 04-17-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8747889)
Kinda weird coming from a Canadian, but I'm a young guy who is in his 20s and am visiting Toronto for roughly a week or so.

Will be staying in the downtown area for the most part. Any recommendations for things to see/do/attend?

Hockey Hall of Fame and remember to search online for discounts.

tiger_handheld 04-17-2016 01:51 PM

Niagara Falls
CN Tower

DragonChi 04-17-2016 02:17 PM

I second Niagara Falls, went on a day tour last November. Touristy, but worth a visit at least once.

Poutine is decent there as well.

Stealthy 04-17-2016 02:53 PM

If you're going to the gym there check out fortis fitness!

Hehe 04-17-2016 08:51 PM

If you are willing to get out of city, go to Niagara on the Lake. Many wineries (if you are into wine) or just the downtown (which has a 1900 feel to it) is awesome to walk this time of year

instantneedles 04-18-2016 08:57 AM

Thanks guys, really appreciate the insight

swiftshift 04-18-2016 09:04 AM

Niagara Falls

Traum 04-18-2016 09:24 AM

People say the Distillery District in DT Toronto is a tourist trap, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Izumi -- the sake place there, has some excellent locally made sake that you can't get anywhere else. But the owner insists that for best tastes, their products need to be consumed within a relatively short time frame (something like 2 weeks?), or else it will start losing the good taste. That is the reason why they don't ship their stuff anywhere else.

Old Toronto is also right next to the Distillery District, and I enjoyed the old school architecture there from just walking around. Not sure if you'd be into that kind of stuff though.

The University of Toronto Spadina campus is very, very pretty. The main buildings there have a lot more character than anything UBC has to offer. And while you're there, you might as well take a quick look at their old Chinatown as well since it is no more than 3 - 4 blocks away.

ZN6 04-18-2016 02:35 PM

Dundas Square. Yonge street, there's bound to be something of interest in the longest street in North America (or so I remember someone claiming 5 years ago). Little Richmond in Markham.

The Asian me fucking LOVES pacific mall. Lamb skewers are A-fucking-mazing. Even the damn parking is reminiscent of home grown Richmond drivers. Not that it's a good thing, but it's interesting to see how Chinese drivers compare to the ones on the West Coast. BBT there is a fucking jack move rip-off.

instantneedles 04-18-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8747989)
Niagara Falls
CN Tower

Is the edgewalk worth it?

bcrdukes 04-29-2016 06:22 AM

What do you like to do and what are you looking to discover?

Toronto itself is made up of a bunch of different ethnic enclaves so each area will have its unique flavour from both a cultural and ethnic perspective.

whitev70r 04-29-2016 07:38 AM

Tour of Air Canada Center

Raptors Playoff game if they are still playing.