REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/automotive-detailing-car-care-tech_49/)
-   -   Sealant/Wax recommendation? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/708969-sealant-wax-recommendation.html)

supafamous 05-23-2016 07:37 PM

Sealant/Wax recommendation?

Down to the dregs with my bottle of Collinite 845 and was interested in hearing recommendations for a long lasting, easy to apply sealant or wax. I'm very happy with Collinite but figure I should explore my options.

thanks,

Urrtoast 05-23-2016 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this
Great Product.

LP700-4 05-23-2016 09:01 PM

I recently tried out Sonax Polymer Netshield, its a crazy sealant in terms of water beading.

syee 06-08-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urrtoast (Post 8757951)
Try this
Great Product.

I use this too - very slick and gives a really deep wet look. A bit on the pricier end though - especially compared to Collinite 845.

I've also used Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection in the past as well. Very comparable to the Blackfire Wet Diamond.

JordanL 06-09-2016 04:25 PM

Waxedshine Aquabead or Aquaboost. Can be had locally for cheap and is stupid easy to apply. Great beading and sheeting from both.

hamsup 07-05-2016 01:19 PM

how does one even get SONAX.. tried to ship to point roberts.. but it says won't ship b/c credit card address doesnt match the shipping address.... face palm.. hahaha

anyways.. where did you guys buy it ? amazon ???

Acethriller 07-05-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsup (Post 8769567)
how does one even get SONAX.. tried to ship to point roberts.. but it says won't ship b/c credit card address doesnt match the shipping address.... face palm.. hahaha

eShine or Autoobsessed, both Canadian.

JordanL 07-06-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsup (Post 8769567)

Ether of those places. I have some netshield you can try if you want. I'm in the Langley area

hamsup 07-07-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanL (Post 8769960)
Ether of those places. I have some netshield you can try if you want. I'm in the Langley area

omg.. so nice of you.. but i just ordered some from eshine. MUCHO APPRECIATE THE OFFER !! :)

JordanL 07-07-2016 06:16 PM

No worries! Let us know how you like it when you get a chance to play around with it

hamsup 07-19-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanL (Post 8770265)
No worries! Let us know how you like it when you get a chance to play around with it

The bottle was only able to do three cars.. perhaps i applied a bit too much....

I did a porsche cayman, audi S3, and a lexus IS250.. and that was it.

The mag cleaner from sonax was also really impressive....

thanks everyone for this thread... lets see how long this shield will last... last time i used a polymer based wax was from zaino !!!

IMASA 07-19-2016 11:51 AM

What is a good quick spray wax to be used in between full detail jobs? I do a full detail of my car once/twice a year and in between washes I use Meguiars Quick Wax/D156 Synthetic spray wax.

I heard Optimum Car Wax is good and it is in liquid form, but they are difficult to find in Canada; eshine is out of stock for a while and Amazon.ca doesn't have it for a reasonable price.

syee 07-19-2016 12:07 PM

I've been using Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer for the last few years. Works well - only thing I don't like is having to go a 2nd round to wipe off streaks. Not a huge deal - takes maybe 10-15 mins more time.

Optimum Instant Detailer