REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   JDM S2000 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709928-jdm-s2000.html)

prudz 08-09-2016 09:15 AM

JDM S2000

Has anyone seen any of these being brought in yet? The market is inflated here for LHD s2000's. People seem to be asking the original MSRP's on miled out s2000's. I imagine JDM models would be in the mid to low teens. Can anybody chime in that has some actual knowledge of this. I'm leaning towards picking one of these up in the next year but would prefer a JDM model, suggestions on local importers?

gilly 08-09-2016 09:29 AM

There are a few on craigslist right now for around 12k

2000 Honda S2000 JDM

2001 Honda S2000 Type V Roadster AP1, 18" work wheels, colour match re

and

1999 Honda S2000 JDM IMPORT - WITH HARDTOP

ravenhill 08-09-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prudz (Post 8779022)
Has anyone seen any of these being brought in yet? The market is inflated here for LHD s2000's. People seem to be asking the original MSRP's on miled out s2000's. I imagine JDM models would be in the mid to low teens. Can anybody chime in that has some actual knowledge of this. I'm leaning towards picking one of these up in the next year but would prefer a JDM model, suggestions on local importers?

Well... the original MRSP here in Canada was something like 50k, so I don't think the market's that inflated yet... but I get your point.

Honestly I'd advise just saving up and getting a lhd drive one that may be higher miles but has good maintenance history, etc. These cars can take high miles with regular maintenance. IMO a jdm s2k doesn't really offer anything to offset the day to day hassle of driving a low car with the steering wheel on the wrong side. It's not like a jdm itr with different motor, suspension components etc.

And since you'd be getting an ap1, you'd still be wise to check the retainers and change to ap2.

TouringTeg 08-09-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilly (Post 8779025)

Regarding the one in Victoria. He is always flipping JDM S2000s and other JDM cars.

I went to buy some wheels off him and two of them were bent on the back side. He didn't mention anything about the damage and was hoping I would not inspect them.

jpark 08-09-2016 05:05 PM

that paint match doe lol

swfk 08-10-2016 12:39 AM

I never understood bringing in a RHD car that was (somewhat) abundantly available in North America. I'd only bring in the ones that were never available in LHD.

Then there's the argument for the condition of RHD cars. But not worth driving on the right side IMO.

twitchyzero 08-10-2016 12:52 AM

interchangble with local parts
and they are hardly abundant nowadays...but i agree with you for the most part

more interestd in the Honda Beat in that guy's garage

RevYouUp 08-10-2016 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swfk (Post 8779229)
I never understood bringing in a RHD car that was (somewhat) abundantly available in North America. I'd only bring in the ones that were never available in LHD.

Then there's the argument for the condition of RHD cars. But not worth driving on the right side IMO.

We'll the price difference already attracts many people. A LHD counter part of those cars are probably 20k+. For around 12k you'll probably be able to buy a super high mileage, beat or rebuilt titled LHD car.

thumper 08-10-2016 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swfk (Post 8779229)

would you say the same applies for supras and rx7's?

nsx042003 08-10-2016 07:15 AM

now if you care about selling the car down the road, get LHD for sure.

but if you don't and just want an awesome car and don't care about driving on the other side, then get RHD.

flagella 08-10-2016 08:32 AM

Or if you want to be godhand, or was it godfoot :lol