REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Best Soups in Town (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710226-best-soups-town.html)

Galactic_Phantom 09-03-2016 04:14 PM

Best Soups in Town

Had two wisdom teeth pulled out and I don't want to be eating congee for a week straight. What are some of the best soups out there?

TIA

tomatogunk 09-03-2016 05:05 PM

There's this ma & pa run soup & sandwich place called Soup Plus by Austin Ave. The bread, which you can't eat, is made from scratch but they also have a really good cream of mushroom soup.

Inaii 09-03-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomatogunk (Post 8785489)
There's this ma & pa run soup & sandwich place called Soup Plus by Austin Ave. The bread, which you can't eat, is made from scratch but they also have a really good cream of mushroom soup.

I can't +1 this enough! The bacon and lentil soup is great. I love when we go here for lunch on saturdays.

Armind 09-03-2016 07:15 PM

Oh man, was just thinking about soup earlier.

haha13 09-03-2016 11:14 PM

The clam chowder at Soup Meister in Lonsdale Quay Market is pretty good

unit 09-04-2016 09:04 AM

good soup is so easy to make.
my fav is super simple potato leek soup.
soften garlic, leeks, herbs, and potatoes in some butter, then add broth and simmer till potatoes are ready to blend.

punkwax 09-04-2016 10:19 AM

Hot and sour soup at Green Lettuce on the Delta/Surrey border is a must order anytime I go.

jing 09-04-2016 12:24 PM

Soup Plus on Austin Ave in Coquitlam. The owner and his wife are a grumpy old Italian couple but they have the best mushroom soup. Worth the drive even from Vancouver.

Edit:
Someone already posted about this place!

Galactic_Phantom 09-06-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomatogunk (Post 8785489)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8785498)
I can't +1 this enough! The bacon and lentil soup is great. I love when we go here for lunch on saturdays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jing (Post 8785616)
Soup Plus on Austin Ave in Coquitlam. The owner and his wife are a grumpy old Italian couple but they have the best mushroom soup. Worth the drive even from Vancouver.

Edit:
Someone already posted about this place!

Hi guys, thanks for all your responses. Can you guys just elaborate further as to why you guys like the place or the soup. I tried it today and the lady/owner was really nice but it really wasn't that much different than Campbell's cream of mushroom imo. Perhaps it was just a bad day/batch?

Thanks.

Inaii 09-06-2016 11:45 AM

Their sandwiches are why I go there for the most part. I've never had any of their soups other than the bacon lentil one, so I can't speak to that. But I'm not a fan of bacon in soup or lentils really, and I ate the whole thing even though I was feeling really sick that day.

Perhaps it was just an off day for them. If it's soggy out, that may also be the reason. I find most small shops have better quality on nicer days because they're busier.

tomatogunk 09-06-2016 12:13 PM

I've drank plenty of Campbell's cream of mushroom soups in my childhood and the taste between the two isn't even close. Maybe it's a bad batch that you had but IMO they're pretty consistent the times I go there.

Next time, if there is one, try the sandwich too. I know your current situation prevents you to, but a soup isn't as hearty of a meal without a sandwich.

6o4__boi 09-06-2016 12:21 PM

u still hopped up on painkillers?

lol i remember when i had mine removed i couldn't taste the difference between gourmet soup and toilet water for a few days