REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Throwing dog poop in someone else's dumpster (https://www.revscene.net/forums/710815-throwing-dog-poop-someone-elses-dumpster.html)

twitchyzero 10-31-2016 04:40 PM

it' hard to understand the mentality "oh but it was opened/unlocked"
it's more convenient, so what? if it's not your's, and someone asked you to stop, then be on your way and don't do it any more.
why do you need to search high and low for a bylaw for something so straight forward?

7seven 10-31-2016 04:59 PM

IMO this really isn't a big deal but technically you are in the wrong since the dumpster is for private use. Honestly I would have done the same thing and thrown the bagged dog waste in a near by garbage, but if asked by the owner not to anymore I'd just comply since its his property.

This situation actually happened in my LA building with some random guy that kept dumping his dog waste and cat litter, the building manager filed a complaint and the guy got fined like $800 :haha: since technically placing garbage into a private dumpster without the permission of the owner is considered illegal dumping and punishable by the same section under the California penal code, a misdemeanor charge, a second charge of theft of services may apply too.

Was trying to quickly find something on the City of Vancouver website for you but they just say to contact the VPD for illegal dumping on private property. I would image most Canadian municipalities have similar laws regarding illegal dumping, city of Hamilton has more detailed information https://www.hamilton.ca/garbage-recy...llegal-dumping

Quote:

When someone puts waste materials on City or private property without the permission of the property owner it is considered illegal dumping.

Examples of illegal dumping include:
  • dumping bulk items such as couches, bags of household waste and construction materials along the roadside, escarpment or in alleyways or parks
  • placing household waste in waste collection containers that are in a park or on a street
  • placing items around a donation drop box that will not fit inside such as furniture or large toys
  • placing waste in private dumpsters

Fines for illegal dumping can vary however the maximum fine upon conviction is $10,000

I'm going to laugh if your next post is a complaint that the VPD or city called/fined you because this guy filed a complaint against you for throwing your dog crap in his dumpster lol

Nlkko 10-31-2016 05:05 PM

First world problem.... It's such a minor thing, I would let them lose sleep over it and don't do the same thing. Find another garbage bin, so many around, including your own. :drunk:

Apparently garbage bin is pretty personal. Weren't there a story in news a while back... some dude in North Van collect all the dog poop and put them on the guy's roof. So much effort for such a trivia thing. :heckno:

MarkyMark 10-31-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8798927)
it' hard to understand the mentality "oh but it was opened/unlocked"
it's more convenient, so what? if it's not your's, and someone asked you to stop, then be on your way and don't do it any more.
why do you need to search high and low for a bylaw for something so straight forward?

Yeah I agree that if they ask you to stop then you should just find another way to get rid of it. Maybe I'm just an asshole, but in the past if I was ever walking around my neighborhood and I happened to have a piece of trash from the corner store or whatever, and it happened to be garbage day and everyone had their trash bins on the curb, I'd toss it in their bin. Yeah it was just more convenient than holding onto it until I got home, it's not like I walked up someone's driveway and used it.

I guess everyone has their vices, lol.

winson604 10-31-2016 09:21 PM

Comments like you would be hard pressed not to find other people doing the same imo is not the mentality you should go about things. I agree, you would be hard pressed not to find people doing the same or even picking up their dogs crap at all but you can't control what others do. You can control your own actions and just because others do it doesn't make it more acceptable for you to do it.

snowball 10-31-2016 09:56 PM

A small bag of dog poop has little impact in the grand scheme of things.

But technically, it's private garbage that they pay to have taken away. So if not you're paying for it, you shouldn't be using it. Doesn't matter if it's not locked or open.

twitchyzero 10-31-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 8798943)
Yeah I agree that if they ask you to stop then you should just find another way to get rid of it. Maybe I'm just an asshole, but in the past if I was ever walking around my neighborhood and I happened to have a piece of trash from the corner store or whatever, and it happened to be garbage day and everyone had their trash bins on the curb, I'd toss it in their bin. Yeah it was just more convenient than holding onto it until I got home, it's not like I walked up someone's driveway and used it.

I guess everyone has their vices, lol.

if it's once or twice i'm sure most would not bat an eye
it's ongoing for years which is why one of the residents said something

Gucci Mane 10-31-2016 10:06 PM

so some of you walk around holding your dogs poop for an hour or longer? really? ya'll are nuts. lol.

not sure about vancouver but in surrey at certain alley ways or public grounds theres always a black waste bin available to throw away your dog poop. i've got a couple different routes i take my dog on but they all start off going the same way so i can throw away his poop and not have to walk around for a fucking hour holding the bag.

twitchyzero 10-31-2016 10:13 PM

winson604 10-31-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane (Post 8799008)
so some of you walk around holding your dogs poop for an hour or longer? really? ya'll are nuts. lol.

not sure about vancouver but in surrey at certain alley ways or public grounds theres always a black waste bin available to throw away your dog poop. i've got a couple different routes i take my dog on but they all start off going the same way so i can throw away his poop and not have to walk around for a fucking hour holding the bag.

Nope I tie the bag of poop onto the leash and it's basically out of sight out of mind.

E-SPEC 10-31-2016 10:28 PM

Who cleans up when guide dogs shit?

http://discountdogpoopbags.com/wp-co...an-up-poop.jpg

fsy82 11-01-2016 08:51 AM

2 pages for throwing dog shit..wtf is wrong with our society..lol..at least he threw it in a garbage bin..

turb0triX 11-06-2016 03:03 PM

https://i.redd.it/ds4sfnm2kzvx.jpg

flagella 11-07-2016 05:11 AM

Ops repost

SaviorSelf_666 11-07-2016 09:15 AM

Just get this like I have? Not hard to find a solution......

Clips on to a leash and holds like 30 bags.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...834a380b7f.jpg

Verdasco 11-07-2016 09:44 AM

I would tackle the fuck out of anyone who would put dog poop in my garbage bin

I would make sure you would pick it back out as well.

negged

edit: negs on recharge...

godwin 11-07-2016 11:33 AM

The problem is with the garbage collection in Metro Vancouver. A sharp eye garbage collector can refuse pickup, then you have to go to the city to deal with all that. It happened to my neighbor before, who live at the corner or an intersection which is "convenient" for dog walkers.. It is a small thing until you are the one who has to dump the garbage and clean it out yourself.

What to do with dog poo

Quote:

Pet waste is listed as prohibited from the region's garbage, but small amounts are accepted preferably double-bagged and put in the next pick-up.

We want to limit the amount of dog waste going to the landfill. It’s potentially hazardous to staff and it also produces methane, a powerful green house gas. On warm days it smells in bags, the garbage bin and work places. We encourage the alternatives listed above.

Nlkko 11-07-2016 02:59 PM

I see garbage pickup trucks use a crane thing to lift the gray bin up. They dont even get out of the truck anymore.

godwin 11-08-2016 06:24 AM

They don't get out now because in the cab there is a new invention you probably haven't heard of called cameras?

Also the pick up operator is supposed to keep the items go to the proper waste stream, if they don't make to a ratio they get written up for it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8800631)
I see garbage pickup trucks use a crane thing to lift the gray bin up. They dont even get out of the truck anymore.

The_AK 11-08-2016 07:51 AM

these are the quality posts i always return for

coneZONE 11-08-2016 08:03 PM

...meanwhile, I am trying to find out which buttface keeps dumping their baggies of poop in the bushes in our front yard