REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   Passenger Side Light Dim (https://www.revscene.net/forums/711001-passenger-side-light-dim.html)

m86 11-21-2016 06:50 PM

Passenger Side Light Dim

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get some assistance with an issue I'm having.

I recently changed the passenger side headlight socket plug. It was melted off.
I went to an auto part store and found a replacement, spliced the new one on and was good to go. Then, I noticed that when I removed my e-brake, the lights would come on, as they should, but the passenger side was significantly dimmer than the driver side.

Do you think the wiring needs a second look at? Or something else is up?

Thank You

and

Best Regards

guesswho 11-21-2016 07:03 PM

From the picture im suspecting that the driver's side headlight might be aimed higher than the passenger's therefore making the illusion that the driver's side is brighter

That's just my guess

coneZONE 11-21-2016 08:23 PM

What happens when you actually switch on your head lights (low beam)?
Looking at the photo and your description sounds like you are talking about the daytime running lights.
It may be a DRL module issue.

m86 11-21-2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 8804160)
From the picture im suspecting that the driver's side headlight might be aimed higher than the passenger's therefore making the illusion that the driver's side is brighter

That's just my guess

I'll have to double check the fitting.

m86 11-21-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cone275 (Post 8804186)
What happens when you actually switch on your head lights (low beam)?
Looking at the photo and your description sounds like you are talking about the daytime running lights.
It may be a DRL module issue.

When I turn on the low beams, they work fine. Is there a way I can check the DRL's myself? Or is that something I'd have to take my car into a shop?

coneZONE 11-21-2016 08:37 PM

You can check the DRL module yourself if you'd like to, it's a large grey module up in the driver's footwell labelled "Running Light Relay" and if you remove it and open it up, chances there are approximately 8 of the bigger solder joints have cracked. You can just re-solder them.

boibuddha 11-21-2016 08:58 PM

I would check the bulb first. Try swapping it over to the other side.
Since the wiring to the bulb was fried, there's a good chance that some damage occurred to the bulb as well.

Puck Luck 11-24-2016 10:52 AM

Are you sure you wired the new socket in right order?

m86 11-26-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boibuddha (Post 8804202)
I would check the bulb first. Try swapping it over to the other side.
Since the wiring to the bulb was fried, there's a good chance that some damage occurred to the bulb as well.

I'll try this tomorrow.

m86 11-26-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck Luck (Post 8804932)
Are you sure you wired the new socket in right order?

Yeah, I'm sure. Everything else seems to work. It's just this one thing.