REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-25-2017, 09:58 PM   #301
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
What constitutes a deep discount to you? $6,000 off of a $36,000 purchase is nearly 20% dude. That's massive.

Let's see some figures to back up your "spanking" terminology. I don't buy it, the stock WRX is nothing special and these ones will not hold their value as well as the previous hatch/sedan generations because they're ugly as fuck... personal opinion but definitely not alone on that one.

I'm not even a fan of the Civic, but you're talking out of your ass. Maybe he cares about gas mileage too? Civic does 6.2L on the highway compared to 8.2L in the WRX. Reliability? Boxer engines are super fun to work on... not. Who knows with the Civic engine, it's brand new. There's a lot of factors to car ownership.

But I guess you're smarter than Honda is, clearly they have no idea what they're doing with their pricing and no one will buy the Civic right? Carry on.

"Let's see some figures to back up your "spanking" terminology."
Just google the performance of the cars. It's a 270 hp awd vs 180 hp fwd around 3000 pounds.. i think its pretty obvious in a straight line.

"I don't buy it, the stock WRX is nothing special and these ones will not hold their value as well as the previous hatch/sedan generations because they're ugly as fuck... personal opinion but definitely not alone on that one."
Subarus hold their values... especially the wrx and stis. Nothing special? It finally had its drivetrain changed. Yeah looks are subjective but i think the new civic turbo hatch's rear is ugly. With the honey comb vents, its as bad as fake fender air vents on a hyundai tiburon. I think theyre trying too hard with the middle dual exhausts for an "upper" model civic. Dual exhausts for the si or type r? Sure

Reliability? Boxer engines are super fun to work on... not. Who knows with the Civic engine, it's brand new.
Why do you bring up reliability and talk about working on the engine? Same with the new wrx engine, it's pretty new too.

I think honda did a good job with the civic turbo cause it's still economical, with decent performance. It really depends on what you're looking for in a car.

PS. Revscene is a honda circle jerk
Advertisement
jyjchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2017, 10:29 PM   #302
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Hi all... didn't mean to start a war on here lol Just to calm the waters, here are a few reasons that I got the car... First I like the look of it, but looks are subjective, so to each their own. I really wanted to get a manual trans, 6 speed bonus! Wanted a turbo, first one I've ever owned. I really wanted no-key entry and push button start, check. Needed to have a sunroof, got it. It has this thing called Android Auto that basically integrates Google Assistant into my car, so awesome. That last one also means I get navigation due to the fact that the car has a 7 inch screen and pulls up most of the important apps from my phone up to it including Google Maps. I find it so satisfying that all I have to do is press a button and ask my car where the closest Pho joint is and it pops up a list, another press of the button and it takes me there. I think its cool that it has Honda Link that sends me notifications to my phone when its due for maintenance. Not only that but I can actually book the appointment right from my phone! Lastly, its a Honda, and by that I mean I feel better about knowing that its going to last me a really long time and I won't have to worry about major repairs. That's from experience as the Honda Pilot that you see in the background of my pics has 340,000km on it and all i've ever done to it was change the oil, hell I haven't even done the spark plugs yet! So if there was another car out there that offered all this, then I didn't do my research very well, but in the end, I probably still would have bought this car, i'm glad I did anyways! Cheers.

Last edited by Vigorous; 02-25-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Vigorous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:50 PM   #303
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigorous View Post
Hi all... didn't mean to start a war on here lol Just to calm the waters, here are a few reasons that I got the car... First I like the look of it, but looks are subjective, so to each their own. I really wanted to get a manual trans, 6 speed bonus! Wanted a turbo, first one I've ever owned. I really wanted no-key entry and push button start, check. Needed to have a sunroof, got it. It has this thing called Android Auto that basically integrates Google Assistant into my car, so awesome. That last one also means I get navigation due to the fact that the car has a 7 inch screen and pulls up most of the important apps from my phone up to it including Google Maps. I find it so satisfying that all I have to do is press a button and ask my car where the closest Pho joint is and it pops up a list, another press of the button and it takes me there. I think its cool that it has Honda Link that sends me notifications to my phone when its due for maintenance. Not only that but I can actually book the appointment right from my phone! Lastly, its a Honda, and by that I mean I feel better about knowing that its going to last me a really long time and I won't have to worry about major repairs. That's from experience as the Honda Pilot that you see in the background of my pics has 340,000km on it and all i've ever done to it was change the oil, hell I haven't even done the spark plugs yet! So if there was another car out there that offered all this, then I didn't do my research very well, but in the end, I probably still would have bought this car, i'm glad I did anyways! Cheers.
Sorry if you felt insulted. I really do like the new civics and overall they do look good.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:52 PM   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyjchoi View Post
Sorry if you felt insulted. I really do like the new civics and overall they do look good.
Not at all brotherman! I'm cool like that lol
Old 02-25-2017, 11:40 PM   #305
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,557 Times in 5,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Well I'm done here. My 2 cents; You can do better with 30k than the Civic. Feel free to disagree.
Yah and you can do a shit tonne better with $20k than buy a Corolla. Who fucking cares? Buy what you like. Why'd you even say shit in the first place.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:47 PM   #306
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,557 Times in 5,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyjchoi View Post
"Let's see some figures to back up your "spanking" terminology."
Just google the performance of the cars. It's a 270 hp awd vs 180 hp fwd around 3000 pounds.. i think its pretty obvious in a straight line.

PS. Revscene is a honda circle jerk
Reading comprehension much? I already said straight line was better in the others. Also you're wrong, the Civic weighs 2,900lbs and the WRX is over 3,400lbs.

I also said I don't even like Civics (post EK), and the only Honda i would ever own is a NSX so there goes your circle jerk "theory"

This gen WRX will not hold its value like previous ones, look at the residuals at your local leasing company. When has anyone ever seen brand new ones discounted 20%? Never.

Back to picture posting thanks, buddy bought the car he likes end of story.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:07 AM   #307
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Reading comprehension much? I already said straight line was better in the others. Also you're wrong, the Civic weighs 2,900lbs and the WRX is over 3,400lbs.

I also said I don't even like Civics (post EK), and the only Honda i would ever own is a NSX so there goes your circle jerk "theory"

This gen WRX will not hold its value like previous ones, look at the residuals at your local leasing company. When has anyone ever seen brand new ones discounted 20%? Never.

Back to picture posting thanks, buddy bought the car he likes end of story.
My bad i guess i skimmed that part. Let me emphasize the "around" part as broad as it was.

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean it blows the "theory" out. It wasnt even directed at you specifically. It's just an observation.

In terms of residuals, I dont know what previous generations were like to compare. I just thought your argument of the car being, in your own opinion, "ugly as fuck" to determine how well a car holds its value was a pretty shitty one. Just looking at the market right now they seem to hold their value pretty well.

The 20 percent discount also sounds like a load of shit.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:10 AM   #308
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,797 Times in 3,171 Posts
Quote:
Yah and you can do a shit tonne better with $20k than buy a Corolla. Who fucking cares? Buy what you like. Why'd you even say shit in the first place.
Look you obviously care. If not don't respond then.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-26-2017, 06:36 AM   #309
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,761 Times in 3,870 Posts
Old 02-26-2017, 08:00 AM   #310
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Lol seriously guys, just let it be. Vigorous bought the car he likes for all the reasons he listed above. He got the car he wanted and that's all that matters. Everyone should go get a GTR then cuz its the best bang for the buck sports car, right Timpo?

Vigorous, congrats on the new car! The new civic is certainly growing on me. Judging by the amount of likes on your photo, seems like alot of people agree.
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:12 PM   #311

It's all good in the hood! Whether it's your cup of tea or not, if ya see me rolling throw up a peace sign!
Old 02-27-2017, 09:32 AM   #312
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Vigorous, Congrats on your new purchase! More pictures please! (or even a build thread)

I'm absolutely in love with new civic hatches ever since I've seen one fully loaded on a showroom and driven one.

Hatch practicality...x10000 IKEA runs
Mkhun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #313
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,315 Times in 370 Posts
have a few more shots from Kevin!

jmanhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:41 PM   #314

Original BB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:48 PM   #315
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...68&oe=592DBB90
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2017, 08:28 PM   #316
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Insured! ... A bit too early.

swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-28-2017, 12:35 AM   #317
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
Vigorous, enjoy your new car. Still surreal a Civic now has a turbo from factory for the American markets!

I'm getting used to the hatch portion, but how the hood meets the fender still rustle my jimmies. I just don't see it aging well.

Spoiler!

I don't believe Imprezas were ever really meant to be pretty cars but value-wise an AWD, Japan-built, outgoing model of the WRX is hard to beat in performance, practicality and longevity.

Last edited by twitchyzero; 02-28-2017 at 12:44 AM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2017, 07:56 AM   #318
Need to Seek Professional Help

Daily Driver

Sleeping Beauty?
Old 02-28-2017, 01:23 PM   #319
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Jesus the last few pages gave me cancer.

How many people commenting about the new Civic Hatch Sport have actually driven one? I know I have, and it's an incredible car for the money.

It's got tremendous value. The chassis feels super tight, handling is very composed, shifter is typical Honda smooth, has more than enough power for day-to-day driving with gobs of torque. Hooned it around a bit on the roads, was plenty rewarding. Also the motor was already dyno proven by Hondata to be severely underrated (crank hp is actually whp), and can be bumped up to around 200whp from just a reflash and 91/92/93 octane.

I test drove a 6spd and did not have to rev over 2k rpms to get around, pretty impressive for a Honda.

What other vehicle on the market right now can be had for 30k taxes and fees in, with CarPlay, a turbo motor, sport-tuned handling, a great 6spd, and as many standard features as it does? Not many. I know it's #1 on my list of cars to replace the Element with.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:06 PM   #320
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoS_DC2 View Post
Daily Driver
your csx came with retrofitted projectors?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:36 PM   #321
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Damn where did you take those G wagon pics? Looks awesome

Finally had a chance to wash the cars yesterday and get ready for spring! Now if only I could find a way to get those FRS' BRZ to stop blowing by me every time I'm driving along

Last edited by G0rilla; 02-28-2017 at 06:45 PM.
G0rilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:39 PM   #322
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,393 Times in 191 Posts
^Where any G wagon owner needs to hide evidence of a business dispute. [emoji850]
Old 02-28-2017, 07:44 PM   #323
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,761 Times in 3,870 Posts
That answer always means triangle beach in richmond
Old 02-28-2017, 10:39 PM   #324

Taken from my snapchat! Just picked her up earlier today! I'm so loving this tiny beast!!!

drunkhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:59 PM   #325
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,393 Times in 191 Posts
[emoji33]