REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   Advice on US shipping or local vendors..... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/711524-advice-us-shipping-local-vendors.html)

toddzilla 01-21-2017 03:08 PM

Advice on US shipping or local vendors.....

Sorry if this kind of thing has been asked, but it's a little bit of a 'expansive' question (and is being asked in 2 forums to cover my bases)

I'm a relatively new owner of an EP3 Civic hatch (2003) and so far she's serving me well with no complaints...and got me thru all that snow with no problems even with a pretty aggressive dropped suspension (Tokico D's and Eibachs)

However, ever since I bought it, there has been a pronounced thunk in the rear end over potholes and up driveways. Sounded like a bumpstop getting hit and was annoying as hell!

I waited til the bad weather ended to get a look at it (at a reputable shop in Rmd) and it was determined to be the adjustable rear camber links being worn out....the passenger side more so as it had literally no more bushing!

So I got a quote for parts and labor (and alignment after changing) and went on my way so I could price out local parts sources for the parts.

To my horror, going thru Lordco was a fair bit more than the shops parts price, even with the typical 'discount' Didn't even try others fearing worse. Might as well tell you. The shop quoted just under $200 for the parts and about 1-1.5 re and re. Lordco wants nearly $300 for parts, though different brand I believe?

So, I figured I'd check EBay even though I very rarely deal with US vendors as with the exchange and wait and shipping, it doesn't seem worth it? But shockingly, I saw the kits were going for as little as $40US plus shipping, which was sneakily expensive (around $75 at that bottom price for parts)

Seems if I spent a bit more - say $60 for parts - the shipping would be more around $40. But still, even with the exchange that should be around $120-130 total.

BUT, the extra taxes/duty to get to my door is unknown and I think where it will add up. I have no idea what to expect as I used to pick it up from Point Roberts but right now I just have no time, so it needs to be to my door in Van,

So, my question is, either am I too worried and it will be around $20 extra dollars, or is there a good Honda parts shop that can come a little closer to that US landed price? I would like to stay local, if at all possible.

Sorry so damn long but thanx in advance!

7FigureSwagger 05-02-2017 06:41 AM

Anything made outside pf canada or us WILL have extra duties at the door, when shipped FROM America. Up to %40 lol, theres a reason their prices are where they are and you can thank our govt for that. Buy Moog if your looking to buy online, high quality usually made in usa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk