REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   What Is The Cost To Ship Wheels To USA?? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/711767-what-cost-ship-wheels-usa.html)

ed99 02-21-2017 10:16 PM

What Is The Cost To Ship Wheels To USA??

I have a buyer in the USA that is interested in my wheels. Anyone can recommend me a place to go that will ship and provide sturdy boxes for my wheels. Also what is the shipping price usually?

Please share your experience and recommendations.

Thx :thumbsup:

trollface 02-22-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed99 (Post 8824624)
I have a buyer in the USA that is interested in my wheels. Anyone can recommend me a place to go that will ship and provide sturdy boxes for my wheels. Also what is the shipping price usually?

Please share your experience and recommendations.

Thx :thumbsup:

Bring them into PR and then ship them domestic.

320icar 02-22-2017 09:17 AM

Most shipping places won't have perfect wheel sized boxes. Go to wheel shops like volco or Canadian tire or whatever and ask if they have boxes in the size you need. That's how I hVe all my wheels in storage in boxes

swfk 02-22-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollface (Post 8824657)
Bring them into PR and then ship them domestic.

When crossing the border with the items, you'll get questioned and high chance you'll have to pay the duties even as a seller. You're technically importing it into the US.

Best to have an agreement where buyer covers duties and shipping.

ed99 02-22-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swfk (Post 8824688)
When crossing the border with the items, you'll get questioned and high chance you'll have to pay the duties even as a seller. You're technically importing it into the US.

The buyers paying for shipping so i am going to rule out this option.

SkunkWorks 02-22-2017 08:34 PM

19x8 and 19x11s with tires, cardboard on faces - $200 USD from Blaine to Florida.

Oshiguru 02-22-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swfk (Post 8824688)

+1 this. I didn't know this when bringing my old custom spoiler down to Bellevue one weekend I was there on vacation and had a possible buyer. I had to pay a fee at the border and the nexus guard was pissed because I was technically "commercial" and should've went through the normal lanes or commercial lanes. I lucked out that the buyer was chill and looked at my receipt and just added that to my asking price.

eclipseman 02-23-2017 06:08 PM

I paid about $160 from Vancouver to Texas for 19" rims with tires (255/35/19). Just cardboarded either side and wrapped it really tight with duct tape and plastic shipping wrap.

k3lv 02-23-2017 06:12 PM

Certain carriers, such as the big ones, UPS FedEx DHL, will let you quote online. I think Canada Post lets you do it as well to get an estimate.

if not, then go to those stores, make sure you have the dimensions and weight, to get an accurate quote.

ed99 02-23-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclipseman (Post 8825084)
I paid about $160 from Vancouver to Texas for 19" rims with tires (255/35/19). Just cardboarded either side and wrapped it really tight with duct tape and plastic shipping wrap.

Which carrier did you use? $160 is a very good price imo.