REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Vancouver muff and res delete (https://www.revscene.net/forums/711838-vancouver-muff-res-delete.html)

ChipG35 03-03-2017 03:30 AM

Vancouver muff and res delete

Hey all looking to get a muff and ress delete on my 06 G35, does anyone know if a place that can/will do it and if theres multiple which one is best.

Urrtoast 03-03-2017 10:46 AM

You do realize that running no cat and ress can get you a nice fat ticket.
And a noise violation.

doritos 03-04-2017 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipG35 (Post 8826789)
Hey all looking to get a muff and ress delete on my 06 G35, does anyone know if a place that can/will do it and if theres multiple which one is best.

hoeglers in richmond or muffler man on kingsway. Got mine done those two places for all my vehicles.

doritos 03-04-2017 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urrtoast (Post 8826833)
You do realize that running no cat and ress can get you a nice fat ticket.
And a noise violation.

been doing this on my vehicles for 9 years, still no ticket...his car his money anyways. If he did care, he wouldn't do it

Urrtoast 03-04-2017 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=doritos;8826976]been doing this on my vehicles for 9 years, still no ticket...his car his money anyways. If he did care, he wouldn't do it[/QUOT

9 years ? So when we had vehicle inspections you passed without that on your ride? interesting that the they failed to see the missing components with there big mirror they used to look for that..

Well let me thank you for making more noise and adding pollution to the environment. I can see your doing your part.
:suspicious:

Lowered_Klass 03-04-2017 10:59 AM

Not sure where this cat removal talk came from - the op asked about removing his muffler and/or resonator. He doesn't mention anything about removing his cat.

fliptuner 03-04-2017 11:52 AM

Yeah, aircare just checked for emissions devices.

Although, I don't see why one would want to delete both the muffler and resonator. I think it'll sound like shit and have no performance gain. Just get a bolt-on catback. It'll sound better, not be obnoxious and probably perform better. Bonus is that you can probably DIY in your garage.

Gh0stRider 03-04-2017 12:34 PM

Muffler man on Kingsway

forcedot 03-07-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doritos (Post 8826975)
hoeglers in richmond or muffler man on kingsway. Got mine done those two places for all my vehicles.

I can vouch for muffler man, they will do almost anything you want for quite cheap. I'd maybe just pay the 500-1000 dollars and get a custom exhaust. In case you decide to sell your car or in case you get sent for inspection by the police, how will you reverse it? Don't think they wont, you can get sent for a burnt out headlight to prove you fixed it.

jasonc 03-09-2017 01:42 PM

can confirm, ran catless straight pipe on my car during the air care era. ran extended o2 plugs so it didnt throw a code. the guy knew it was straight pipe just from the smell but it passed the obd2 test so they passed my car. just dont be redlining it around town and your good.

funny enough i had a cop pull me over once and he gave me a ticket for not turning on my lights but not my loud exhaust. haha.

PK-EK 03-09-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonc (Post 8828173)
can confirm, ran catless straight pipe on my car during the air care era. ran extended o2 plugs so it didnt throw a code. the guy knew it was straight pipe just from the smell but it passed the obd2 test so they passed my car. just dont be redlining it around town and your good.

funny enough i had a cop pull me over once and he gave me a ticket for not turning on my lights but not my loud exhaust. haha.

Similar situation with me
Car went thru aircare, guy used the mirror to check under my car, saw my testpipe and O2 Sensor Defowler. but still passed because of the OBD2 test.

but. when I got pulled over in Richmond for speeding. I was issued a VI and Tow
Cop actually got the tow truck driver to lift my car as high as he could and proceeded to take pictures of my exhaust to prove that I was not running a cat.