REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:22 AM   #51
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,317 Times in 5,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
That is unless we start exporting our weed globally which I highly doubt. Any place that legalized it would just grow their own.
As mentioned, Canopy has overseas distribution.

Question is, will they be able to keep up to demand, or will they continue to grow and thrive in an open market

A lot of the discussion regarding growers seems to be geared towards legislation killing smaller growers and only leaving the biggest entities alive, so picking the right company may be the most important part
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2017, 10:43 PM   #52
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
any Canadian owned stock market for marijuana i would be wory of unless you got in early....for the simple fact lot of people may think the government has full control of the prices set for Pot (Sky High)...the underground market will still go on as away of under cutting the government themselves if people start feeling Ripped off if a fuck load of taxes is added on or even too high in price all together...these old hippie's have being growing it forever
Old 11-28-2017, 11:51 PM   #53
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

You don't see an underground tobacco or liquor market. An industrial hydroponic grow setup will produce vast quantity which will at least keep prices competitive.

The deciding X factor is how the government plans to regulate this. Will the law pass? Will legalization be delayed? Who determines who gets licenses and who doesnt? We're still in the limbo stage on how this pans out.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-29-2017, 12:33 AM   #54
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
You don't see an underground tobacco or liquor market. An industrial hydroponic grow setup will produce vast quantity which will at least keep prices competitive.

The deciding X factor is how the government plans to regulate this. Will the law pass? Will legalization be delayed? Who determines who gets licenses and who doesnt? We're still in the limbo stage on how this pans out.
There is a big underground tobacco market. It's massive in Ontario and is getting bigger here. In Ontario they sell smokes by the bag.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #55

How big of the population smokes knock off smokes? Anyone I ever knew who smoked Indian smokes etc like “non-branded” smokes doesn’t smoke them for long cause they are so nasty.

I’ve always stood by the opinion that if you’re so broke that you Forcibly smoke a brand other than your favorite brand due to the cost, you’re an absolute loser.

In terms of black market weed, I’ve got plenty of hook ups other than dispensaries, but I haven’t bought outside of a dispencery once in the last two years. It’s more of a convenience thing than anything, I don’t want to have to meet some guy somewhere or have anyone like that come around. I can walk in and walk out of a dispencery in minutes
Old 11-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #56
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ a friend of mine did that too. Never again he said.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
How big of the population smokes knock off smokes? Anyone I ever knew who smoked Indian smokes etc like “non-branded” smokes doesn’t smoke them for long cause they are so nasty.
It's massive in Ontario. It costs 20 bux for a bag of 200 compared to $100 for a carton.

And in B.C.

Illegal smokes a big problem in B.C., says study - British Columbia - CBC News

Quote:
the numbers show that 14.7 per cent of all cigarettes smoked in B.C. are contraband.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 PM   #58

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
14.7% is still a lot less than 100%
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:07 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
14.7% is still a lot less than 100%
Never said it was a 100%. 14.7% is still a lot of tax revenue lost. In Ontario 32% buy illegal smokes and in Northern Ontario it's about 51%.

Study suggests third of cigarettes sold in Ontario are contraband - Sudbury - CBC News
Old 11-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #60

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
I was comparing it to pot, but I agree it's still a lot of revenue lost.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #61

14% seems very high to me but who knows, I barely know anyone who smokes as is anymore
Old 11-29-2017, 01:54 PM   #62
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Last edited by zyzzjr; 11-29-2017 at 07:13 PM.
zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #63

Quote:
14% seems very high to me but who knows, I barely know anyone who smokes as is anymore
When your broke you will smoke anything.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #64
HELP ME PLS!!!

How do they identify that they're contraband?

I've been smoking a lot less since Canada made it law to add a self extinguishing chemical to the cigarettes. Smoking Canadian smokes makes me feel nauseous now.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:05 PM   #65
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post

I've been smoking a lot less since Canada made it law to add a self extinguishing chemical to the cigarettes. Smoking Canadian smokes makes me feel nauseous now.
IS THIS WHAT IS IT???

I always wonder why canadian smokes taste so bad

You know what's going to be a bigger black market than weed?

menthol cigarettes

legalize one thing and ban another. Just great
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:07 PM   #66
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:

That is fucking hilarious

Being around anyone smoking any cigarettes makes me feel nauseous
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:41 PM   #67
HELP ME PLS!!!

I think that's why they got away with doing it. It's like smokers are going to get cancer anyways, what's another chemical going to do.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:37 PM   #68
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,709 Posts
Anyone read the NDP's announcement about the changing laws in BC?

We're apparently adopting a model similar to Ontario, and NB, where the liquor distribution branch handles wholesale of cannabis, with some private liquor stores being allowed to sell.

Absolutely terrible, so disappointed. What is wrong with the private dispensary model? I voted for NDP, and I'm pissed they are making this move to create more Union jobs for the already corrupt and monopolized liquor distribution branch.

Apparently this decision falls in line with their poll many of us filled out a few months ago? I call bullshit, who wants to see weed being sold beside booze by someone who knows nothing about the product? How is it that the Americans implemented legalization better than us?
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #69

I thought the LCB just manages distribution but there will be both public and private stores? Was my understanding at least
Old 12-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #70
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,709 Posts
Quote:
I thought the LCB just manages distribution but there will be both public and private stores? Was my understanding at least
Maybe I'm misreading the announcement, but it sounded as though the private dispensaries are out, and private liquor stores would be the alternative for sales?
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #71

Quote:
No tax stamp on the pack. Each province has its own stamp.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #72
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Maybe I'm misreading the announcement, but it sounded as though the private dispensaries are out, and private liquor stores would be the alternative for sales?
I dunno either, I thought the liquor branch would be handling distribution and licensing but doesn't necessarily mean that dispensaries are out...just means they will likely get most of their products from the distribution branch and a small percentage from approved specialized vendors.

Gonna be quite the shitshow to implement all this with just a few months to go.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #73
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Last edited by zyzzjr; 12-16-2017 at 12:31 AM.
zyzzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:59 PM   #74
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:

I’ve always stood by the opinion that if you’re so broke that you Forcibly smoke a brand other than your favorite brand due to the cost, you’re an absolute loser.

In terms of black market weed, I’ve got plenty of hook ups other than dispensaries, but I haven’t bought outside of a dispencery once in the last two years. It’s more of a convenience thing than anything, I don’t want to have to meet some guy somewhere or have anyone like that come around. I can walk in and walk out of a dispencery in minutes
Shiet I smoke the Indian smokes. Not the bagged ones tho. Those are pretty nasty.
I honestly prefer the Indians over the Taylor made now. The TM give me a headache and have a bad aftertaste. Guess it's just what you get used to
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Shiet I smoke the Indian smokes. Not the bagged ones tho. Those are pretty nasty.
I honestly prefer the Indians over the Taylor made now. The TM give me a headache and have a bad aftertaste. Guess it's just what you get used to
I thought you were a law and order conservative? You do know you are supporting terrorists and criminals.