REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:29 PM   #101
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
you can drink on a patio though, in a lot of pubs and bars you can also smoke on those patios.

btw, the fucking drinking laws here are so archaic compared to virtually all of europe, people cant have a beer on the beach ffs..
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #102
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
you can drink on a patio though, in a lot of pubs and bars you can also smoke on those patios.
That's private property tho. I mean in some work places they have alcohol as well. It's just illegal to drink alcohol openly in public. I suspect it'd be the same. That said, there are private properties - lounges, that you can blaze in. I've never been, but I think its in gastown.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #103
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Will it be stricter than smoking in public? Cigarette smoke only lasts for a few moments whereas the smell of weed can be quite strong and linger. Standing a few feet from an open doorway or air vent would be useless.
The smell isn't the issue, it's the carcinogens in the second hand smoke that is.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #104
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/sena...vote-1.3980234

https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/...-legalize-weed

What you need to know:

Many of the decisions around how legalized marijuana is sold and used will be up to the provinces and territories. Here is what you need to know about what will be allowed:

The federally mandated public possession limit of 30 grams of dried cannabis has been maintained across the country, with most jurisdictions opting to keep their legal marijuana-smoking ages in line with those for drinking alcohol.
Bill C-45 allows individuals to grow up to four marijuana plants per residence, though some provinces, like Manitoba and Quebec, plan to ban home cultivation.
Provincial and territorial plans vary widely on whether you’ll be able to smoke in public.
Provinces and territories also differ on whether pot shops will be publicly or privately owned. For those opting for publicly owned stores, these will be operated by provincial Crown corporations that sell liquor. In some cases, provinces have even created subsidiaries of these companies with names. Unless otherwise noted, these will be standalone stores wholly separate from those that sell alcohol.
While dried cannabis and cannabis oil -- both of which will be sold in 2018 -- can be used to make edible products at home, the federal government has said that packaged edible products won’t be commercially available.

Canada’s Senate passed the federal government's legal weed bill on Tuesday night, the last legislative hurdle in the country's years-long process to legalize recreational cannabis. The new law — which still requires Royal Assent — will allow adults to buy and consume small amounts of cannabis, however edibles won’t be legalized until sometime after next year.

Since the government is giving the 13 provinces and territories a grace period to get their retail systems in order, it will still be another few months until legal sales actually start. It’s a massive undertaking that’s never been attempted in any country.

British Columbia

Known around the world for being intensely pro-cannabis, the province in B.C. will implement a hybrid weed sales model where private retailers and government-run BC Cannabis Stores can sell the products to adults over 19. There are no caps on the number of store licenses, but it’s up to each municipality to approve the store locations. However, weed sales won’t be allowed to happen in places where alcohol or tobacco is sold. Some public consumption will be allowed as long as it’s not near parks or in vehicles. As home to one of the world’s biggest illegal cannabis markets, the government is encouraging illegal businesses to join the legal fold.

Last edited by Vansterdam; 06-19-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2018, 08:34 PM   #105

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
once legalization happens i wonder if there will be any studies on the long term effects of cannabis vs Tobacco smoke.

there's like 60 known carcinogenic chemicals in Tobacco,and cannabis has some medical values with CBD that calms inflammation,eases stress,Stops Epileptic Seizures.
Also cancer patients treated with chemo and its awful side effects benefit a lot from Cannabis.

but again,smoke isn't natural in the lungs but we got Vaporizers without burning anything to a toast!

Last edited by Mr.Money; 06-19-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:50 PM   #106

I don't even understand the "possession limit". There's no possession limit on alcohol, you can literally buy enough to kill yourself. Under 30grams, "legal", 30.1 grams 5 years in fucking prison? Talk about no in between.

Oh well, baby steps I guess. In a bunch of years time they'll realise that the sky isn't falling because of legal weed, realise that people in jail for 30.1 grams is stupid and then change the laws again.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 06-20-2018, 08:08 AM   #107
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Curious if they have gotten the price down to a point that would eliminate the black market. I doubt the $180 per ounce I currently pay for high grade(tuna, blue cheese, pine tar, comatose, kosher, etc) would be similar to a retail store. Also curious on how the government will regulate the growers and what control they will have over the product they grow and what price they can sell at.

This is the major issue for me: "This legislation proposes changes to the impaired driving laws to give police new powers to conduct roadside intoxication tests, including oral fluid drug tests, and would make it illegal to drive within two hours of being over the legal limit."

What is the legal limit? How is it measured? Oral testing is complete BS and does not in any way paint an accurate picture of impairment. Will there be road side blood tests? That sounds dirty. So is it look and feel with police using their discretion based on your behavior? What is it exactly they will be looking for? Munchies? Slow speech? We are still at a time where the breathalyzer is known to give false positives and it has been around for decades and still universally accepted as an enforceable measurement. I don't believe the technology is there yet where a true intoxication limit can be accurately measured.

As a reference, I picked up yesterday and we hung out for about 3 hours. We smoked at least 6 joints in that time frame. I drove home like it was nothing with no signs of any impairment at all. Since I don't show signs of impairment I would be curious how a cop would view me if he smelled it on my clothes similar to smelling alcohol on a persons breath, which would lead to probable cause for a road side test.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post

This is the major issue for me: "This legislation proposes changes to the impaired driving laws to give police new powers to conduct roadside intoxication tests, including oral fluid drug tests, and would make it illegal to drive within two hours of being over the legal limit."

What is the legal limit? How is it measured? Oral testing is complete BS and does not in any way paint an accurate picture of impairment. Will there be road side blood tests? That sounds dirty. So is it look and feel with police using their discretion based on your behavior? What is it exactly they will be looking for? Munchies? Slow speech? We are still at a time where the breathalyzer is known to give false positives and it has been around for decades and still universally accepted as an enforceable measurement. I don't believe the technology is there yet where a true intoxication limit can be accurately measured.
It's outline in Bill C-46:

Bill C-46 - Legislative Background: reforms to the Transportation Provisions of the Criminal Code (Bill C-46)

Quote:
Part 1 of Bill C-46 – Drug-impaired driving

Bill C-46 proposes to supplement the existing drug-impaired driving offence by creating three new offences for having specified levels of a drug in the blood within two hours of driving. The penalties would depend on the drug type and the levels of drug or the combination of alcohol and drugs. The levels would be set by regulation.

For THC (the main psychoactive compound in cannabis), the proposed levels would be:

2 nanograms (ng) but less than 5 ng of THC: Having at least 2 ng but less than 5 ng of THC per millilitre (ml) of blood within two hours of driving would be a summary conviction criminal offence, punishable by a fine of up to $1,000;

5 ng or more of THC: Having 5 ng or more of THC per ml of blood within two hours of driving would be a hybrid offence. Hybrid offences are offences that can be prosecuted either by indictment, in more serious cases, or by summary conviction, in less serious cases; and

Combined THC and Alcohol: Having a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 50 milligrams (mg) of alcohol per 100 ml of blood, combined with a THC level greater than 2.5 ng per ml of blood within two hours of driving would also be a hybrid offence.
Both hybrid offences would be punishable by mandatory penalties of $1,000 for a first offence and escalating penalties for repeat offenders (e.g., 30 days imprisonment on a second offence and 120 days on a third or subsequent offence). The maximum penalties would mirror the existing maximum penalties for impaired driving. These would be increased when Part VIII.1 comes into force to two years less a day on summary conviction (up from 18 months), and to 10 years on indictment (up from 5 years). The latter penalty would make a dangerous offender application possible in appropriate circumstances.

The legislation would also authorize the Attorney General of Canada to approve the use of oral fluid drug screeners by police. These are hand held devices that determine whether a drug is present in oral fluid (saliva). Following a legal roadside stop, law enforcement would be authorized to demand that a driver provide an oral fluid sample if they reasonably suspect that a driver has drugs in their body. A positive reading would assist in developing reasonable grounds to believe that an offence has been committed. Once the officer has reasonable grounds to believe an offence has been committed, they could demand a drug evaluation by an “evaluating officer”, or the taking of a blood sample at the station.

The proposed amendments in Part 1 of the Bill would also facilitate the proof of drug impaired driving. Where an evaluating officer has identified a drug type as impairing a driver at the time of testing and that drug type is found by analysis to be in the driver’s body, it would be presumed that the drug was causing impairment at the time of driving. The proposed legislation would also provide police with the option to pursue a drug recognition evaluation or the taking of a blood sample in situations where they have reasonable grounds to believe an offence has occurred. This could save valuable time when testing for drugs, such as THC, that leave the blood very quickly.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I don't even understand the "possession limit". There's no possession limit on alcohol, you can literally buy enough to kill yourself. Under 30grams, "legal", 30.1 grams 5 years in fucking prison? Talk about no in between.

Oh well, baby steps I guess. In a bunch of years time they'll realise that the sky isn't falling because of legal weed, realise that people in jail for 30.1 grams is stupid and then change the laws again.

BRITISH COLUMBIA

Where to buy: Both government and privately-run storefronts and online sales.

Grow your own?: Up to four plants, out of public sight.

Where to smoke?: Only where tobacco may be smoked.

Other notes: Landlords can restrict cultivation and smoking on their properties.

i don't get how that works.....once your plant is done and if its more than 30 grams how fucked are you?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #110

Price is irrelevant to me, I haven’t bought from a “dealer” in years.

I never buy more than an eighth from a dispencery as I can walk there in 5 minutes and also it won’t go dry or get old before I buy more. Even if an ounce is 2/40/50 more id prefer to walk in and buy at my own accord than rely on a dealer.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
i don't get how that works.....once your plant is done and if its more than 30 grams how fucked are you?

It's a "public" possession limit, so you could stock up pounds of it in your house, but only transport 30 grams at a time.

It's still dumb though.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 06-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #112
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,914 Times in 3,874 Posts
Quote:
I read "public possession limit" to mean that's the limit when you're out in public, ie no walking around with a backpack full. Which I'm assuming is how they intend to differentiate between personal use and an illegal dealer.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:17 AM   #113

Trudeau says cannabis will be legal in Canada on Oct. 17

Looks like we were born in the Right time Boys Lets just see how governments medical grows compared to the Old hippies who've being doing for years growing with Hydroponics
Old 06-21-2018, 07:20 AM   #114
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Someone send me some
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:38 AM   #115

Two days after my birthday.
Wish it was a bit sooner though.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 06-21-2018, 08:35 AM   #116
God of Unce

You can buy from my website soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Someone send me some
Old 06-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #117
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Let the floodgates open. Choose your weed stock and let it run boys and girls.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #118
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,914 Times in 3,874 Posts
I wonder how many people are gonna cause problems between now and then because "it's almost legal!"
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #119
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
It feels like it is better now and once they begin implementing their rules and laws it'll make life harder. Road side check enforcement and the officers awareness of the new law making them look closer and deeper at drivers, commercial growers protocol, home grow laws, possession rules, etc. Some are calling it prohibition 2.0

Just because the law changes doesn't mean that society will accept it. There are still a shit ton of humans that demonize it so it'll take a generation to get those baby boomers out of office before the Gen X's have real power and a realistic view of it.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:50 AM   #120

fuck'em,i bet you after its all said and done in one year of sales it will top at least 2 billion dollars.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:11 AM   #121
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Let's say you've got 4 plants growing in your house and its time to collect your hard earned weed. How much weed can those 4 plants produce and how long would it last for an average person who only smokes once or twice a day? If you were to sell it all instead how much are you looking at making? I don't plan on growing any or selling anything but I'm really curious as to how much this can benefit someone.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:21 AM   #122

the yield off 4 plants that grew even half-assed could get between an ounce to 3-4

Unless you're smoking a tonne, that shit is gonna be dry or go bad before you probably get through much of it.

its no different than growing tomatoes or somthing though, whenever i buy a tomato plant i probably end up tossing half the yield cause its just too much to eat lol
Old 06-22-2018, 06:39 AM   #123

Someone should change the title of this thread, it's not really accurate anymore :P
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 06-22-2018, 07:21 AM   #124
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Someone should change the title of this thread, it's not really accurate anymore :P
Pretty darn close I say.
It follows up on trudeau's promise to legalize.
1st G7 country to do it..also first country to get their heads outta their bumholes
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #125

In going to be very interested how it turns out

After recently going to Amsterdam, the “weed scene” there is a joke really and at best a tourist novelty. There are seemingly zero locals who actually sit and smoke before work or somthing with a coffee etc. it seemed like it was virtually 100% tourists.

I’d say Portland or Washington is obviously a better example but I feel like it’s going to be very different even from them