REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Hit and Run - Body Shop Recommendations? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/712832-hit-run-body-shop-recommendations.html)

liukb 07-07-2017 06:42 PM

Hit and Run - Body Shop Recommendations?

Hello,

Found my car yesterday morning with pretty bad damage on the bumper, looking like it was backed into by a trailer hitch. Unfortunately no dash cam or know of any witnesses..

Any suggestions on a body shop? Previously went to No1 Collision but wasn't too satisfied with the work

VR6GTI 07-07-2017 07:14 PM

Not surprised by the no1 comment

Tr1ll 07-07-2017 08:04 PM

These guys Fastrack Autobody

AstulzerRZD 07-07-2017 08:05 PM

I personally prefer Open Road Autobody - they're an ICBC valet shop and are certified by Audi to work on their aluminum cars which require no steel > aluminum contact. They also polish and detail the vehicle before returning it, but I've Google reviews seems to have some complaints about some of their paint and repair work.

I've also heard of some high end euro shops like Korva and Ferreira.

Hcoreposer 07-07-2017 11:25 PM

Fastrack Autobody or Boyd Autobody & glass on Bridgeport.

hirevtuner 07-08-2017 11:05 AM

try B & D autobody on Clark dr. my wife's mini got rear ended and got it fixed up there

mickz 07-09-2017 07:14 PM

+1 for Johnny at Fast Track in Richmond. Their color matches were spot on. Great service.

lilaznviper 07-09-2017 09:45 PM

+1 for B & D autobody on clark. Always spot on with the colors and always a great job.

AzNightmare 07-09-2017 11:41 PM

Cosmos Auto Body? I'm taking my car there later this week.
They have great reviews, but I haven't tried them personally yet.

I hope you can wait. Any good shops will be backed up like a month at least.

Badhobz 07-10-2017 06:56 AM

i can vouch for openroad autobody. Great service and fantastic results.

ps. get a wired dashcam!

6thGear. 07-10-2017 11:59 AM

Fastrack collision. MG collision.

Open Road is your typical production shop IE Boyd, Kirmac, Etc. but they are probably the best one of the latter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8850963)
Cosmos Auto Body? I'm taking my car there later this week.
They have great reviews, but I haven't tried them personally yet.

I hope you can wait. Any good shops will be backed up like a month at least.

Last I heard Cosmos is top notch. They fix quite a bit of luxury cars.

IMASA 07-10-2017 02:06 PM

I've been unfortunate enough to bring my car to Open Road several times for my car and my wife's car. It's never a good thing when the people there recognize you.

Always had a good experience with Open Road.
The only thing I don't like is that they don't have many courtesy cars, so they send you over to the in house Hertz if you have rental car coverage. It can take 20-40 mins to deal with the Hertz folks, if there is a line up of people.

I've heard good things about Fastrack, but never had any reason to try them over Open Road.

freakshow 07-10-2017 02:19 PM

I also recommend Open Road. Used them a few times, always had great, professional service.

matrixfwd 07-11-2017 12:48 PM

I was at open road Richmond couple months back. Just check carefully after work is done. They worked on my door and noticed when I got home the mouldings and weather Stripping were crooked. They were happy to fix though.

The Richmond location is quite a huge shop . I think it's made up of 3 buildings . You won't see it till you walk to the back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk