REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-04-2017, 01:48 PM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
owned a f150....no problems with 5.4L engine,and also owned a Silverado.

i kinda liked the Silverado more cause the ride felt damn smooth and enjoyed the heated leather seats...felt like a caddy imo....either one is fine....
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #27
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
FWIW, if you buy a truck (whatever your choice), buy it brand new. Trucks are meant to be workhorses so you never know how a previous owner may have treated their truck.

That is to say you plan to keep the truck for a long time.

My dad bought a 2007 Silverado brand new (first year of that generation). Fully loaded with top spec motor, trim etc.

Ten years later and he just rolled over 230,000km and is still on the original transmission. He just did basic maintenance and wear-and-tear replacement parts along the way. The truck hasn't needed any major work done. I was actually very impressed considering this truck was still technically pre-bailout GM. I think buying new made a huge difference.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:12 PM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
anyone have a full size truck and live in an apartment complex/underground parking? doable on a daily basis?
Yep me, none of my HD trucks fit in my 6'8" underground. Luckily my parents place is nearby and I use their parking when I am in town which has clearance for 7'6". In terms of parking I have had one person complain that it sticks out too far, and strata kinda butt fucked me there and told me I have to park it elsewhere. At that point I had a CCLB (or a Texas limousine as I like to call it) so it did stick out of stall quite a bit. But honestly she's the retarded one for not being able to park because of that.

Anyway moral of the story, your strata can cause problems depending on the truck and how dickish they are. Also how stupid your neighbours are factors into this.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #29
Boost Lee

I recently picked up a 2017 f150 Screw 3.5TT w/ 10spd and I love driving it as a DD. Very comfy, smooth shifting and quick on it's feet. I started to mod it the day it arrive at home. I never did consider a Ford because I was bias to Toyota (thanks to the MR2) but after test driving most of the trucks (with the options I wanted) on the market, the f150 was a lot of truck for the money with the rebates and I'm addicted to boost.

1BADMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #30
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,171 Posts
Nice. Looks like a Lariat with the 502A package (I recognize the LED headlights and tails).

Thing is... as good as the EB 3.5 is... I still like having a N/A V8 in a truck. There is something just so right about that V8 noise and the linear power.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #31
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
dem led head lights so flyyyyyyyyyyyyy
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:58 PM   #32
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Nice. Looks like a Lariat with the 502A package (I recognize the LED headlights and tails).

Thing is... as good as the EB 3.5 is... I still like having a N/A V8 in a truck. There is something just so right about that V8 noise and the linear power.
After driving a Ram 1500 for a week I can honestly say a v8 sounds amazing and the linear power is good. However, you pay heavily at the pumps. I had 1500 with the eco diesel late last year and it was so much more economical.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:25 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
After driving a Ram 1500 for a week I can honestly say a v8 sounds amazing and the linear power is good. However, you pay heavily at the pumps. I had 1500 with the eco diesel late last year and it was so much more economical.
It's not fair to compare diesel to gas. For sure the Ecodiesel will be more economical but the power isn't there for the Ecodiesel when loaded or towing.

The Ford EB can be either Eco or Boost. Not both. So similar fuel consumption to V8 if you have a heavy foot.
fml
Old 08-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #34
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
It's not fair to compare diesel to gas. For sure the Ecodiesel will be more economical but the power isn't there for the Ecodiesel when loaded or towing.

The Ford EB can be either Eco or Boost. Not both. So similar fuel consumption to V8 if you have a heavy foot.
Oh for sure, I haven't tried had a chance to load them up anywhere close to the rated.

Driving other ford EB vehicles I can understand that mileage goes wayyyy down when foot gets a bit heavy.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:07 AM   #35
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:

The Ram diesel gets 4-5.5l/100km better in the city and 3-4l/100km better on the highway. It doesn't sound like much but if you drive 20k a year that's a grand a year in fuel. Diesel is also cheaper than gas so there's another ~$300/yr difference. The towing capacity is only 1000lbs lower (up to 9k for a 4x4 depending on which you get).

Considering that most people never tow anything it's a big savings, and for those that only tow big loads on occasion I doubt they'll chew through an extra $1300/yr in fuel doing so.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The Ram diesel gets 4-5.5l/100km better in the city and 3-4l/100km better on the highway. It doesn't sound like much but if you drive 20k a year that's a grand a year in fuel. Diesel is also cheaper than gas so there's another ~$300/yr difference. The towing capacity is only 1000lbs lower (up to 9k for a 4x4 depending on which you get).

Considering that most people never tow anything it's a big savings, and for those that only tow big loads on occasion I doubt they'll chew through an extra $1300/yr in fuel doing so.
The issue with the Ecodiesel Ram is the payload. It's severely hampered vs. the gas trucks... which were already low to begin with compared to the competitors. Blame the coil spring rear, but a 1300lbs payload for a mid-trim gas truck (my Sport had a 1330lbs rating or thereabouts) turns into 980lbs for a Laramie Ecodiesel. A Big Horn or Outdoorsman trim was about 1100lbs payload. A Tacoma has more legal payload than that Ram.

What Ecodiesel owners have complained about is lack of top end power on the highway stock, before adding a tune. Doubly so if they're hauling more than just people and luggage in the truck - anything involving a quad in the back, or a trailer more than 5000 lbs at highway speeds often drew complaints about power going up grades and the ability to keep up with traffic. I drove an Ecodiesel Ram for a bit up north (friend's), and where people were often going 120-130+ on the highway you had to set up passing maneuvers for when the lanes were longer and you had time. My gas truck would accelerate until you hit the 170(?) km/h limiter happily and stay there as long as you had fuel.

Of course, if you're running mostly empty, then it's a great choice as it had enough power then. The ED fuel economy is unbeatable in the full-size class, and the ride comfort of the Ram with the air suspension is unbeatable. Just beware of low payload issues with Ram if you want to be within legal limits while towing or hauling.
fml
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #37
Boost Lee

Quote:

I'm quite impressed with the torque from the 2nd gen 3.5TT as I continue to break in the engine, I expected the tranny to be hunting gears but it's been pretty good. I test drove the 2017 5.0 F150 and I felt like it needed more throttle to get moving compared to the 3.5TT. The V8 sounds good especially with the exhaust upgraded but I like how the turbos sound.

Quote:

I traded in my 2015 F150 2.7TT (stock tune) and it was quick off the line and would eat gas if you stepped on it around town. Highway driving L/KM was very good when I drove from Langley to Kelowna several times. 12.1/100 KMS loaded with 5 people, 91 oct and all the gear in the back using sport mode uphill and normal mode on the downhill/flats. I was not driving like a grandpa.

These are my observations after owning both ecoboost engines. When my truck goes in for service, I'll see if they will give me a 5.0 F150 loaner and I can compare to the ecoboost. Also I'm about to do the Raptor steering wheel with paddle shifter mod when it arrives.
1BADMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #38
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post

the fuel economy of the ecodiesel is directly related to how much of a dog it is. i havent really seen anyone say they are impressed with how they drive short of the fuel economy of it. plus they're apparently blowing up before they hit 50k regularly enough for there to be several topics on it on the ram forums. and chrysler is painfully slow at authorizing warranty on them.

i didnt realize just how bad the payload on them is until reading the post above ^. did a bit of reading and a lot of guys are saying their payload limit is 950-960 on mid range trucks. to think a modern half ton truck is exceeding its payload with 4 people and some luggage in it.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:04 PM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
You got 12l/100 in the 2.7? I get 13.5 in my 3.5tt heavier 2011 driving the piss out of it heading to grande Prairie on 87 with tons of gear.

I drove the 5.0 when I got my truck too and definitely noticed the increased power/torque of the ecoboost.

As far as the ecodiesel it might be cheaper on fuel but it's a Dodge with an Italian diesel engine, so you can expect maintenance and repairs to more than offset it
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #40
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
I think if you want a truck for the convenience of owning a truck (mountain trips, dump runs, awesome visibility etc) and not necessarily for work/heavy towing etc Tacos are great purchases due to resale value.

If you want a truck for true trucking purposes you can't go wrong with Ford bang for the buck wise in comparison to the Yotas. Especially during employee pricing days. Just know going in you're facing substantial depreciation comparatively. But if you use it as a tool to make money then who cares.

I used to be a GM/Chevy guy but Ford has grown on me over the years. Also the only NA truck company who didn't need a gov't bailout IIRC. That stands for something in my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:53 PM   #41
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
They didn't get it from the TARP fund but the did get an equal or greater amount from a TALF loan because they agreed to develop fuel efficient technology.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
I think if you want a truck for the convenience of owning a truck (mountain trips, dump runs, awesome visibility etc) and not necessarily for work/heavy towing etc Tacos are great purchases due to resale value.
I don't necessarily buy my vehicles due to resale value, I looked at the Tacoma but I ended up not liking it at all... seating position, driving experience etc. I want to enjoy driving my vehicles whether they be a truck, car or Zamboni.
fml
Old 08-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #43
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
^ you're kind of proving my point. If you don't care about resale value then do whatever you want. If you do care and don't need something you can abuse, I suggest Toyota for this reason. That said, even if your concern is resale and you don't like them then definitely don't take this advice lol

Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
The only way resale matters is if you're buying brand new and you plan on selling before the vehicle gets pooched.

If you're buying used I really don't think Toyota offers good value
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #45
Total victory requires total destruction

I'm looking at a 2014 Sierra SLE All-Terrain w/ the 5.3 V8. Anyone have any first hand experience with the new gen?

2007 BMW 335i (Jet Black)
2009 Subaru Forester (Obsidian Black Pearl)
2017 Sierra Elevation Z71 (Dark Slate Metallic)
SaviorSelf_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #46
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Anybody with a Tacoma able to speak on real world mpg, compared to full size trucks?
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:21 AM   #47
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I want a tacoma off road/ trd pro for DD and overlanding/camping vehicle, but dang they are expensive 2nd hand. New ones 50K+ used a few years old 35k +
Old 09-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #48
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
My first gen, double cab, gets 350-400km on 60L. It's awesome around town and off-road but I want something bigger for hauling material and towing. Looking at 5.7 Tundra's and 5.3 GM's, the difference in fuel economy is negligible.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #49
Total victory requires total destruction

I just picked up a 17 Sierra 5.3 6 Speed. Personally I felt more comfortable in the GMC than the Toyota/Dodge/Ford, secondly I really like the Sierras look.

Only have 500km on it, but the only issue I have is the pedal feel, you really need to get on it to get it going, which seems common with the K2 gen.

2007 BMW 335i (Jet Black)
2009 Subaru Forester (Obsidian Black Pearl)
2017 Sierra Elevation Z71 (Dark Slate Metallic)
SaviorSelf_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #50
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I like the look of new tacomas. Don't like the seating position though.
Have you guys looked into the NEW Honda Ridgeline?
Black edition is nice but 57k. Eek
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote