REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 09-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I only got bright shirts because I don't like to look like everyone else lol. Shows energy and confidence. This is hit or miss depending on whom the hiring person likes I guess.
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #27
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
[/IMG]

What you wear and the way you carry yourself speaks much more in an interview than you think. Go out an buy a white shirt and black tie. If you're driving to the interview, use AC to keep cool. There are other people interviewing for this job, do you want it more than them, or are you going to go into it half heartedly like you won't get the job already?
it's true to be honest. I have a blue shirt on, it's a calm, neutral and safe color.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #28

Wore a pink dress shirt. I just felt way more confident than wearing a "safe" color. I define bright as confidence and energy and literally just killed the 2nd interview.

Have 3rd interview with director later this week. Don't know what I should be expecting because manager went through all the typical interview questions during 2nd interview. Doubt director would want to talk about same stuff again.

Probably trying to determine if my personality fits with the organization culture?
Old 09-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
dressed casually reasonable with the weather but it was a blue tshirt
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #30
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Wore a pink dress shirt. I just felt way more confident than wearing a "safe" color. I define bright as confidence and energy and literally just killed the 2nd interview.

Have 3rd interview with director later this week. Don't know what I should be expecting because manager went through all the typical interview questions during 2nd interview. Doubt director would want to talk about same stuff again.

Probably trying to determine if my personality fits with the organization culture?

Prepare to like it.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:27 AM   #31
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

In my industry, people usually wear casual or at most business casual for interviews and such.

I went in on full navy suit, white shirt, beige burberry tie, and brown belt and shoes.

Got hired cause I stood out. Was told they did not expect any suits and that I don't need to suit up to come in and sign my contract prior to starting. It's also mentionable that I did something every other candidate they interviewed didn't do on their resumes. I branded myself.

dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:27 AM   #32

I had my 3rd and final interview 3 weeks ago. They apparently finished up interviews last week as per HR. I noticed today they took down the job posting on their website.

I don't know if HR will remember to update me on the hiring process as I did ask to update me and they acknowledge to update me once there is a final verdict (This was two weeks ago). When would be an ideal time to contact to follow up?
Old 09-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #33
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
^ should always follow up a day after interview & write out why u are a good fit for the job

your follow up (since it's 2 weeks since final verdict) also justifys you to call them up, just pick up the phone and ask.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote