REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   hardened nuts and bolts (https://www.revscene.net/forums/713614-hardened-nuts-bolts.html)

w_tech 10-25-2017 03:18 PM

hardened nuts and bolts

Hi,
Anyone knows who might carry hardened steel nuts and bolts?

I am specifically looking for a few M12x1.50 displaced thread locknuts, class 10.9.

I called local:
lordco
princess auto
KMS
Napa
BC Fastners
bumper to bumper
and no luck.

Chrysler dealer in Burnaby has some for $10 - which is a bit of a rip off (and far from me especially that the car is lacking a suspension)

hud 91gt 10-25-2017 04:21 PM

Metric thread are hard to find in Vancouver. Surprisingly Canadian Tire can have a decent selection. Lordco on 2nd ave also has a good selection of metric. They can basically get anything you just have to get them to open their catalog and search for it. That's the challenging part.

If you want to drive somewhere right now and get them, the best in stock selection is Alder Auto Parts. Call any location they should be able to help you.

hud 91gt 10-25-2017 04:33 PM

I just realized you want lock nuts. Honestly, an M12 locknut is probably going to be $1 a pop if you can even find them. Burnaby may be your best bet. I'd try calling Alder Auto.

RRxtar 10-25-2017 04:37 PM

^ For some reason metric is hard to get, but you can get a good assortment of sae literally anywhere.

Canadian tire has a half decent selection for smaller stuff if you just need a few. I cant remember if they have 10.9 or just 8.8 (which is the metric equivilent to gr5). I don't think they will have your lock nuts, but for other metric stuff its worth looking tho. In the fasteners section in the pull out drawers, and sometimes they have some random stuff on the spinny shelves in the auto fasteners section.

Kelowna has a 'Lakeside Fasteners' that has almost everything and you can buy individual pieces. Not sure what you guys would have down there. Do you have a Fastenal? They would have it too, but if its not in bulk, youd be stuck buying a box.

fliptuner 10-25-2017 04:37 PM

Call Ammo

HKS PWR 10-25-2017 04:53 PM

I'm pretty sure Pacific Fasteners on 1st Ave will have it. Have you tried looking online on Acklands Grainger's website?

CCA-Dave 10-25-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w_tech (Post 8868455)
Hi,

I am specifically looking for a few M12x1.50 displaced thread locknuts, class 10.9.

I called local:
lordco
princess auto
KMS
Napa
BC Fastners
bumper to bumper
and no luck.

Chrysler dealer in Burnaby has some for $10 - which is a bit of a rip off (and far from me especially that the car is lacking a suspension)

I used to get all my metric hardware at Fabory Metrican...but I think they are an Acklands-Grainger now? Here's the nuts you want:

https://www.fabory.com/en-CA/fastene.../p/12505120150

And this is where google says Fabory is now, but it's been changed to a standard Acklands Grainger. I'd call, and have the Fabory item number handy.

Scotsman 10-26-2017 12:56 PM

Fastenal always has what I need

I've only gone to the one in Delta but I just googled and see they have branches in Vancouver, Burnaby, Delta, Richmond North Vancouver, Surrey, Langley, PoCo, and Abby

Scotsman 10-26-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCA-Dave (Post 8868495)
I used to get all my metric hardware at Fabory Metrican...but I think they are an Acklands-Grainger now? Here's the nuts you want:

https://www.fabory.com/en-CA/fastene.../p/12505120150

And this is where google says Fabory is now, but it's been changed to a standard Acklands Grainger. I'd call, and have the Fabory item number handy.

Yes Acklands bought Fabory so I think some of the Ackland stores now serve as double shops

cunninglinguist 10-26-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w_tech (Post 8868455)
Hi,

I called local:
lordco
princess auto
KMS
Napa
BC Fastners
bumper to bumper
and no luck.

What's it for and how many do you need?

cunninglinguist 10-26-2017 05:00 PM

I've bought 10.9 bolts from Canadian Tire before. Pretty sure they have the nuts too. They come in a clamshell package near the Dorman "HELP" area on a rotating display at the Grandview location.

immorality 10-27-2017 06:53 AM

I've had decent luck with the Lowes on Queensborough.

lowside67 10-27-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS PWR (Post 8868480)
I'm pretty sure Pacific Fasteners on 1st Ave will have it. Have you tried looking online on Acklands Grainger's website?

Worth calling these guys - I sourced a lot of higher grade metric bolts from them when I built my racecar (mind you this has been a few years now).

-Mark

cunninglinguist 10-27-2017 11:49 AM

Sorry bro, SOL at Canadian tire. I was there today and they only had 12x 1.75 nuts. Weird

w_tech 10-28-2017 09:13 AM

Thank you all for the tips.
Fastenal on Fraser St. were happy to order for me in small quantities.
Fabory minimum order $100.
Pacific did not have them.