REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   ICBC Storage Hit & Run (https://www.revscene.net/forums/713631-icbc-storage-hit-run.html)

PLUJ 10-28-2017 12:15 AM

ICBC Storage Hit & Run

My car is being stored at my condo's underground parkade. It has storage insurance and comprehensive.

The person that parks next to me did a hit and run, but I confronted the owner about it.
They admitted the paint transfer from my car at first but then claimed some of the damage was already there.
Checked their car again and they cleaned the scuffs off their bumper.

If I can prove he/she's at fault here (multiple before/after photos), am I covered under my insurance policy?

Thanks in advance.

Tillerz 10-28-2017 01:24 AM

If you can prove they are at fault, it comes off of their policy. So no need to worry.
If you can not prove it, comprehensive will come off of your policy with deductible, assuming it is stored at the address on the storage policy. Unfortunately, hit and runs are considered collision which I'm assuming you didn't purchase so you may have to bite the bullet if you can not prove they hit you.

PLUJ 10-28-2017 08:38 AM

Ok, thanks Tillerz. Just to clarify what you meant by “comprehensive will come off of your policy with deductible”? Do you mean if somehow he/she is not deemed at fault here, my comprehensive will cover the damages?

If I’m understanding this correctly; the only two possible outcomes here are either he is deemed at fault or it’s considered a hit and run (in which case I wouldn’t be covered)?

Berzerker 10-28-2017 08:58 AM

If you have comprehensive your still covered but YOU have to pay the deductible. If they are found at fault you are covered and THEY pay the deductible.

Berz out.

SkunkWorks 10-28-2017 04:16 PM

Hit and run falls under collision. Doesn't matter if you have comprehensive or not.

Best to start a claim with the evidence you've collected.

E.D.C.5 10-29-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkunkWorks (Post 8868997)
Hit and run falls under collision. Doesn't matter if you have comprehensive or not.

THIS.

H&R uses your collision deductible, but because you don't have collision you're still covered but you have to pay a $750 deductible. If you have evidence to prove the other vehicle made contact with your parked vehicle, then their insurance policy would be responsible.

meme405 10-29-2017 01:07 PM

This isn't a hit and run, you know who has hit your car. Report them and their plate, and it will go under their insurance.

westopher 10-29-2017 02:05 PM

Go take as many pictures of the damage, and the other vehicle, and the orientation of the cars as possible. The fact they say there was already damage, and got the scuffs off of their car is an indication they are going to do their best to fuck you over.