REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 01-28-2018, 08:13 PM   #1
I don't get it

sliding driveway gate

Anyone here do installs of sliding driveway gates? I've presently got 6 ft high swingout gates and when the gates are open outwards, I can't see past them to see if anyone is driving down the alley. I've had one close call already and I've only lived here a month.

So I'd like to find someone that can cut up the pavement and install a concrete base to mount the slding gate. Everyone want to install a gate for me but no one seems to be interested in doing the concrete work.

Any leads?
Advertisement
sleepywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:20 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
I seem to have lost my bookmarked website. Anyways I was talking to some guy that was hired to service a sliding gate in my neighbourhood. He was so nice that he directed me to a different company than his and told me that's where his company gets their supplies from so will be cheaper. Also whenever the other company does installs, they will only do it the right way, which is dig and pour concrete.

I THINK this is the company PowerGate Access Systems - Access Control & Automation
Perhaps call them up and see if they'll do the concrete work?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #3
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
could you have the gates swing the other way?
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:41 PM   #4
I don't get it

SSM_DC5, I'll give Powergate a call tomorrow. Thanks.

Unit, the way the present gates are mounted, they cannot swing inwards. One gate will hit the hydro meter with only a few degrees of swing. Doing some measuring, I only have enough room to park my Chev 2500 CC and my Promaster 3500 van in the driveway end to end. Can't even get enough room to open the back doors on my van. As it is, there isn't enough clearance for me to turn the van into the driveway.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Just dont get Royal Electronics (RETCC) in new west do it for you...wasted so much of my time...bad promises..no show...poor business practices..the works..
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2019, 08:02 PM   #6
I don't get it

I got Jack from Graybar Metal Works to do mine. It's a sliding gate with electric motor. I don't remember exact price but around 5k sounds about right and that included some concrete footings they had to put in. It all works great.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:18 PM   #7
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
we work with tons of gate companies.. just depends what you want...
chain link sliding gate, aluminum picket sliding gate, something fancier...
unit is offline   Reply With Quote