REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 04-02-2018, 10:37 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Ceiling Paint Code

After 3 years of home purchase (home was built by Polygon), this season I decided to paint my wall but I accidentally rolled the roller to the pop corn ceiling.

I've e-mail polygon what type of paint do they use, but their response was not quite helpful by claiming them as standard paint.

Any reno expert be able to help me to sort the paint code?
Advertisement

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:09 AM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

i don't think they have any paint colour tint in them. just any ceiling paint should be able to touch it up. also try to touch up a few times see if white will cover whatever colour u put on ceiling.
windchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,306 Times in 5,629 Posts
generic ceiling paint is as close as you're gonna get.

The texture on the ceiling fades and yellows over time, so odds are, even in 3 years, and even if you had the same paint they used originally, it wouldnt match perfectly.

Buy some ceiling paint from the same manufacturer they used, then get a super soft brush as to not brush off the texture and test the paint on a small area first
Old 04-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

textured ceilings aren't painted. the texture is white to begin with and sprayed on as is
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

How big is the area you are trying to cover up? It's never going to match 100% so if it's a large area you'll need to paint corner to corner.

Chances are there is no paint on your ceiling. The texture will break down if you were to roll latex paint over top. You'd need to seal it with an oil primer before painting.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:02 AM   #6
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,306 Times in 5,629 Posts
blackgsr is right sbout the texture, i wasnt thinking.

What i would suggest is if the area is small, take a drywall sanding sponge and lightly sand/twist the sponge over the painted area, you may be able to lightly scrape the texture with the paint off and leave the rest in tact.

id also try and collect any of the dust created by sanding and brush that dust back onto the texture to further cover it up, the dust will be the same color as the texture