REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Revscene Reviews: Mazda 3 vs Hyundai Elantra GT (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714625-revscene-reviews-mazda-3-vs-hyundai-elantra-gt.html)

!Aznboi128 04-16-2018 02:37 PM

Revscene Reviews: Mazda 3 vs Hyundai Elantra GT

Hey, Guys as you may or may not have known Mike and I been doing reviews for the past while. I know the whole written articles thing is not something a lot of you have time to read or want to go through so we've been hard at work at making some videos.

At this point, I'm proud to say we've reached a point where we feel the quality of the videos are good enough to start sharing a bit more so please if you can like the video and subscribe to us and help us grow. As always any constructive criticism is welcomed we're not getting paid for this, and as some of you may know until we reach 1000 subs on YouTube, we cannot monetize our videos. So we are doing it for free, but we do enjoy what we do, and we hope you guys do as well.

-Jimmy

european 04-16-2018 02:50 PM

Nice!!

twitchyzero 04-16-2018 03:14 PM

thought they were the same car in the thumbnail :derp:

!Aznboi128 04-16-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8898511)
thought they were the same car in the thumbnail :derp:

LOL pretty close

46_valentinor 04-16-2018 03:22 PM

I find it a bit boring. Sounds like you're reading straight from the brochure. You should try and talk a little bit faster, smooth out the gaps and not say "well" too much. Add more of your opinion. Be more enthusiastic and then you can capture the viewers and entertain them better. But overall, its not bad.

!Aznboi128 04-16-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46_valentinor (Post 8898514)
I find it a bit boring. Sounds like you're reading straight from the brochure. You should try and talk a little bit faster, smooth out the gaps and not say "well" too much. Add more of your opinion. Be more enthusiastic and then you can capture the viewers and entertain them better. But overall, its not bad.

In some of our older videos I was going a bit too quick, I do have to find that medium. Thanks for the tips, will keep it in mind for the next videos.

Jmac 04-16-2018 03:38 PM

Having driven both lately and a few others, would put the Civic Si and Golf GTI ahead for sure (though the Si isn't a hatch).

Should be noted that some of the features on the Elantra GT aren't available if you get it with a 6-speed transmission (like the heated and cooled front seats). I, too, felt the interior plastics left something to be desired and it has comparably terrible fuel economy numbers relative to the competition.

The Mazda3 GT had a much nicer interior, but the drivetrain feels dated relative to the competition. With 184 naturally-aspirated ponies, it's lacking both 20 peak HP and the wide powerband that modern turbocharged engines offer. Mazda also doesn't currently offer Apple Carplay or Android Auto on it (though an update is supposed to be coming and will be retroactive).

donk. 04-16-2018 09:13 PM

"Mazda vs Hundai"

:joy:

tiger_handheld 04-17-2018 07:27 PM

The guy in the video sounds like he's watched a lot of "Motortrend" the pauses and annunciations are dead on i felt.

MaceWindu 04-17-2018 10:04 PM

Subbed!

!Aznboi128 04-18-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8898738)
The guy in the video sounds like he's watched a lot of "Motortrend" the pauses and annunciations are dead on i felt.

I do watch a lot of motortrend... is that a good thing? lol

AzNightmare 04-18-2018 06:30 PM

lol, you look very familiar. I think I knew you by acquaintance a long time ago. Did you go to VanTech?

You definitely need to speak a bit faster and with more enthusiasm. The review doesn't make me excited about either car, and IMO, a good presenter can make even econoboxes seem exciting. lol.

In some areas, it looks like you're almost thinking/remembering what to say, rather than it flowing out naturally like you're in a casual conversation.
Obviously, your channel is still new so I don't expect a whole lot right away, but I'm sure it will get better as you work on these things. Looking forward to more videos in the future.

!Aznboi128 04-18-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8898906)
lol, you look very familiar. I think I knew you by acquaintance a long time ago. Did you go to VanTech?

You definitely need to speak a bit faster and with more enthusiasm. The review doesn't make me excited about either car, and IMO, a good presenter can make even econoboxes seem exciting. lol.

In some areas, it looks like you're almost thinking/remembering what to say, rather than it flowing out naturally like you're in a casual conversation.
Obviously, your channel is still new so I don't expect a whole lot right away, but I'm sure it will get better as you work on these things. Looking forward to more videos in the future.

Thanks for the tips will try to work on it. this one was more scripted to keep it under 10 minutes so that may be why. And yea I did go to tech a while back.

StanleyR 04-19-2018 07:03 AM

Not to sound like a dick OP, but why don't you try doing a few reviews in Cantonese (or whatever you native language is).

That way you'll have a target audience and they'll appreciate your reviews more since it'll seem like your speaking directly to them.

!Aznboi128 04-20-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyR (Post 8898989)
Not to sound like a dick OP, but why don't you try doing a few reviews in Cantonese (or whatever you native language is).

That way you'll have a target audience and they'll appreciate your reviews more since it'll seem like your speaking directly to them.

I only know the bare minimum in Canto so I wouldn't be able to speak about the vehicle in Chinese.