REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Toyota lease returns (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714707-toyota-lease-returns.html)

Galactic_Phantom 04-28-2018 04:57 PM

Toyota lease returns

Anybody have any experience returning a Toyota lease and not getting another car from them.

I suppose they will try to fuck me dry for every little dings I have on the car.

I even heard they will ding me for 4 new tires should they be less than 50% left.

Any anecdotes or advice would be appreciated

Badhobz 04-28-2018 05:52 PM

That's the usual with all leases.

Usually dings and scratches no bigger than a tennis ball in diameter and brakes tires over 50 percent. If you are worried you should have gotten the wear pass.

If you buy another car from them they usually wave it. Or if you buy another car from the same dealership (openroad, etc) then they can make a deal.

trollface 05-01-2018 10:07 AM

Depends on the dealer/car. I had a new Jetta i returned with cracked windsheild, all tires down to 10%, no brakes.

No one said a word.

bcrdukes 05-03-2018 11:36 AM

Like others have said, what you are describing is not brand agnostic. This will vary from dealership to dealership, and some are more stringent than others. Often, when you are continuing business with them, most won't even blink an eye. This will vary depending on the relationship you have with them.

vyrospec 05-03-2018 02:05 PM

Depends on dealers tbh, most of the time they would want to keep your business (ie. -1% on APR for brand loyalty for nxt lease)

If your car is in decent condition, all keys and manuals returned and/or below expected mileage, returning shouldn't be problem. Just make sure you get your insurance cancelled same day as some dealers forget to get it cancelled and you might paying for an extra month.

mr00jimbo 05-06-2018 04:13 PM

This is off topic, but when returning a Toyota, check its bluebook value versus the buyout.
My mom drives nowhere, really, and she leased a Rav4 and the buyout was 10 grand (she only put 12,000 KM on 4 years!) and similar ones were going for double that with much more mileage.
Something to consider.

Otherwise, give it back and tell them you're considering another one and ask them to waive any damage on it and see what they say.

Galactic_Phantom 07-06-2018 11:05 AM

Just an update

So unfortunately my car was damaged in a hit and run. I took it to a shop for an estimate and ICBC has yet to approve the claim. Problem is, I am leaving the country in a week.

An ICBC representative told me that should I have a claim number, I can return it to the leasing company(Toyota), pay them the deductible, and they can transfer the claim to them.

Are dealerships generally okay with this, or are they going to make my life miserable? Has anyone ever had experience with something like this?