REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-11-2018, 01:13 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
costco vehicle program

anyone ever use it? it seems to be ford only right now
from reading around it's quite extensive in the US

https://www.businessinsider.com/cost...plained-2018-3
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:51 AM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Has it ever NOT been Ford (or a Ford-owned brand) in Canada? I can't recall it ever being a different company.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:51 AM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
Yeah I’ve gotten 1000 off for my vehicles before
Old 08-11-2018, 06:53 AM   #4
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i've used it twice.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
is this the type of thing you negotiate the hell out of a dealer on a price then once you've got it nailed down, drop this on them for another discount? lol
Old 08-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I used it for the mustang.

Ford employee pricing + Costco $1000 off + bargaining
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #7
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
is this the type of thing you negotiate the hell out of a dealer on a price then once you've got it nailed down, drop this on them for another discount? lol
damn right

year end discount, employee discount, ford factory rebates... and then i pulled out my costco card in the end ftw. they should have just given me the damn car for free.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #8
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Costco discount does not affect margins. "Saving" it for the end does absolutely nothing lol

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

If you're planning to buy from Ford,

Never let them use the Ford employee discount and Costco savings as a factor for negotiation. It's issued by headquarters, so it's mandatory discounts.

There is always room for bargaining after discounts.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #10
Witness protection

when i tried to go at it on my own, bringing up the costco discount early complicated things as the salesperson kept using it in a numbers game when negotiating just to mess the customer up, even though it's not part of their bottom line. so the next time i bought again i just left it for the end.

i've also read stories online of shady dealers trying to charge a "costco processing fee" on top of their documentation fee, so watch out.

if your are not in a rush, do what i did and wait for as many discounts and rebates to happen together.

read the fine print. not all ford models qualify. eg. the last time i checked anything raptor or shelby related were exempt.

Last edited by thumper; 08-13-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #11

Yea I’m sure Costco eats the rebate themselves so fuck a dealer trying to say it’s calculated into the overall savings.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:02 AM   #12
Witness protection

yeah, all the dealer has to do is take your costco membership number and personal information that goes with it, fill out the form, and send it for processing. that's it.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:07 AM   #13
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
@thumper it’s based on cost. Fiesta, regular focus, v6 Mustang etc don’t count. I got it for my foRS and pretty much any f150 is expensive enough where it applies. I’d say a safe threshold is 40k+ and it gets applied
Old 08-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #14
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
@thumper it’s based on cost. Fiesta, regular focus, v6 Mustang etc don’t count. I got it for my foRS and pretty much any f150 is expensive enough where it applies. I’d say a safe threshold is 40k+ and it gets applied
not sure about the base mustang part. the v6 model is no more but i know someone who got a ecoboost mustang using the rebate, but i'm not sure if it hit $40k.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #15

yea i find it funny with the "Ford employee pricing" discount on the radio and TV comercials they tout the "save thousands on the F150 Limited!"

yea, the fucking Limited is like a $70,000 half ton.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #16
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
yea i find it funny with the "Ford employee pricing" discount on the radio and TV comercials they tout the "save thousands on the F150 Limited!"

yea, the fucking Limited is like a $70,000 half ton.
i thought there was a $15-16k "price adjustment" from ford, before any other discounts?
Old 08-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #17
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Costco discount does not affect margins. "Saving" it for the end does absolutely nothing lol
Not totally true.
Technically you're right, but some salespeople might pretend that you're already getting a 1k discount and use that as part of the negotiations. So I would say that one should absolutely save the costco discount till the end.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #18
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Note the discount is after taxes. Would have been nicer if it was before taxes!

Make sure you have the exact matching address on the purchase as what Costco has for your card or else the dealer will get rejected and then it'll be a hassle as they may go after you for the money back until it's resolved. Everything has to match.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote