REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-21-2023, 05:10 PM   #5576
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,173 Times in 2,406 Posts
Not even city councillors, but journalists covering these stories I wonder if they even see a pattern of Cain continuously popping up in these situations, enough to look into the guy himself.
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 05:24 PM   #5577
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Acknowledging that I am extremely biased against Cain, I do not believe his entire story, and I strongly believe that parts of it were grossly exaggerated, and there had to be something he has not mentioned.

Even if we were to believe his version of the story to be true, this part is deeply unsettling:

Quote:
Cain said after being checked at a hospital he went back to Vancouver Police headquarters on Cambie Street, where a a senior union official instructed him not to make notes about the incident.
Just who dafuq is this "senior union official"? (Has to be another cop.) And how is he not getting himself disciplined or fired for making that kind of recommendation? The very mention of this being done is concrete proof that the boys club set out to cover for each other, even when wrong-doings have been done.

And if Cain is unable to name that "senior union official", then he is either lying (under oath), or he is obstructing justice. Both of those things should carry hefty consequences.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:44 AM   #5578
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
This is some Forrest Gump of dirty officer levels of involvement here.
Old 04-27-2023, 05:13 PM   #5579

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYTNkgNU/

Autopsy results from Myles Gray

The forensic pathologist who autopsied Myles Gray's body after he was beaten by Vancouver police in 2015 said he determined a "perfect storm" of factors led to his death, primarily extreme stress on his heart and lungs as well as officers having forcefully restrained him on the ground.

Dr. Matthew Orde told a coroner's inquest on Thursday he designated Gray's cause of death as "cardio-pulmonary arrest" complicated by police officers who caused multiple blunt-force injuries, compressed his neck, pepper-sprayed him, handcuffed him behind his back and forcibly held him on his stomach.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...port-1.6824613

More details in the link

EDIT: I get this feeling that the VPD is trying to sweep this one under the rug
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 06:35 PM   #5580
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
The paramedics on scene absolutely roasted the VPDs handling of the situation and said they refused to let them administer life saving measures on Gray when they arrived.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2023, 08:00 PM   #5581

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
“Sitting in the gallery Thursday, the family saw autopsy photos of Gray's face and head as their lawyer, Ian Donaldson, held them during his questioning of Orde. Melissa Gray and her mother, Margie, said they were angered to learn the photos would not be submitted as exhibits for the jury to see.

"We saw a glimpse of those photos, and he is unrecognizable — unrecognizable. It's intensely traumatizing, and they're standing up because they do not want these photos even shown to the jury," said Margie Gray, referring to lawyers for the police department.

"Now I wonder why that is?"”
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2023, 03:21 PM   #5582

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/0...eath-homicide/

Coroner’s inquest jury classified his death at the hands of police as a homicide.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/0...civil-lawsuit/

While the coroner’s inquest into Myles Gray’s death can’t lay any criminal blame, his family may choose to follow a different path.
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2023, 04:05 PM   #5583

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/0...ef-myles-gray/

Latest news to this saga

Vancouver Police Department chief gives condolences to Myles Gray's family

“We hope the coroner’s inquest has given them the answers they have sought since he died nearly eight years ago.”

The Police Chief needs to grow a set of balls and terminate employment of the officers that were involved.

And to acknowledge that this was a homicide as per coroner's inquest.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2023, 06:05 PM   #5584

"Hey sorry your son died, we won't kill him again I promise"
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2023, 03:43 PM   #5585
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Saw an unmarked F150 that pulled over an FK8 Type R with some terrible red flame decals. Eastbound on Marine Drive past Market Crossing, around 9am today.

Woman driver seemed to be yelling at the cop, lol.

Donno if it's a VI or not.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 07:03 PM   #5586
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Saw an unmarked F150 that pulled over an FK8 Type R with some terrible red flame decals. Eastbound on Marine Drive past Market Crossing, around 9am today.

Woman driver seemed to be yelling at the cop, lol.

Donno if it's a VI or not.
I've seen that one around, its black right? Seen her dropping kids off at the school on Gilley and Marine
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 09:57 AM   #5587
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
I've seen that one around, its black right? Seen her dropping kids off at the school on Gilley and Marine
Yeah it's black. I'm not sure if it's modded or not but the terrible vinyl surely draws attention, lol
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 04:46 PM   #5588
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
so... it's 2024. is this shit still happening out there? i'm about to drive to vancouver this week to a friend's house. curious if i should be worried.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 06:53 PM   #5589
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
haha probably don't need to worry with the weather, but yah I still seen Fuckingham a couple times in the last few months with dudes pulled over making them take their plates off.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2024, 07:36 PM   #5590

Well... it's that time of the year again, and this time I have some cautiously optimistic news to share.

On a yearly basis, the VI numbers are as follows:

2018 – 758 VI’s issued
2019 – 1544 VI’s issued
2020 – 932 VI’s issued
2021 – 1038 VI’s issued
2022 – 508 VI’s issued
2023 – 481 VI’s issued

As the numbers currently stand, the median monthly VI figures were 44 in 2022, but only 25.5 in 2023. The monthly average figure of 40 for 2023 (compared to 42.3 in 2022) is not statistically insightful because the figure is significantly skewed by a single outlying August 2023 number (of 199). In fact, because the August 2023 figure is so high, it has singlehandedly distorted the overall VI issuance picture for the year. Had August 2023 followed the same seasonal trend as August 2022 had, there would only have been 331 VI’s issued in 2023 instead of the 481 that we have now.

There is some evidence from the media to suggest that Brake Safety Week and other commercial vehicle inspection campaigns took place during mid to late August in 2023. That coincides with the extremely high August numbers, and would explain why the number was so high. But again, this is purely my observation + speculation.

Based on the 2023 numbers, I think it is safe to say that the VPD has shifted at least some of its focus away from VI-ing regular enthusiasts, and is spending it on other priorities instead. Stepping back to look at a bigger picture at the municipal level, I wouldn't be surprised if other general police duties, including dealing with homeless people, encampments, drug addition issues, etc. gave us a break on the traffic enforcement.

(And don't forget that at least 2 of our "favourite" cops are no longer working in VPD, although there are still other nitpickers around.)

Stay safe and VI-free out there.

Google Sheet data + chart here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...egLLbJAOjDOyg/
Old 03-06-2024, 08:06 PM   #5591
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
^ Skinnypup can we double thank this.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:17 AM   #5592
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
One of the C retired, as it was announced on Twitter or whatever social media he was on.
Where did the second C go? On stress leave for being a douchebag in other cases that was in local news?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2024, 11:35 AM   #5593

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I sure as hell hope he was removed from duty… and it better be without pay with the BS we were reading.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:21 PM   #5594

Paid vacation.
All he did was use his position to coerce a junior officer to have sexual relations with him, leading to workplace harassment that led to their suicide, beat an unarmed man to death with multiple officers, refuse to testify in court over a different police related killing, harass thousands of people because 1 kid doxxed him online, plus whatever we haven't heard about in the media.
SHOULD SOMEONE REALLY LOSE THEIR JOB OVER THAT?!!!! WHAT IS THIS CANCEL CULTURE BULLSHIT?!
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2024, 03:27 PM   #5595

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Paid vacation.
All he did was use his position to coerce a junior officer to have sexual relations with him, leading to workplace harassment that led to their suicide, beat an unarmed man to death with multiple officers, refuse to testify in court over a different police related killing, harass thousands of people because 1 kid doxxed him online, plus whatever we haven't heard about in the media.
SHOULD SOMEONE REALLY LOSE THEIR JOB OVER THAT?!!!! WHAT IS THIS CANCEL CULTURE BULLSHIT?!
In case Google forgets, let the searches remind everyone that that if they search Nicole Chan and Myles Gray, one officer's name repeatedly shows up.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2024, 03:30 PM   #5596

Also, not sure what was going on between 5-8PM at Hastings and Renfrew last night but there were a ton of VPD trucks parked on the sidewalk with traffic cops direct traffic. There was no event at Playlan, so maybe it was training, or could've been some type of VI blitz.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:43 PM   #5597
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
Also, not sure what was going on between 5-8PM at Hastings and Renfrew last night but there were a ton of VPD trucks parked on the sidewalk with traffic cops direct traffic. There was no event at Playlan, so maybe it was training, or could've been some type of VI blitz.
There was a fatal hit and run on Hastings the day before. Accident reconstruction or canvassing for commuters that would be in the area around the same time ?
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM   #5598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
There was a fatal hit and run on Hastings the day before. Accident reconstruction or canvassing for commuters that would be in the area around the same time ?
Different intersection. It was weird. There were 2 traffic cops directing traffic even though there was no event and the lights were working fine. And about 10 cops with 5 VPD vehicles parked where the terry fox statue was just standing on the sidewalk waiting/watching.
Old 03-21-2024, 01:35 AM   #5599
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Well... it's that time of the year again...

Google Sheet data + chart here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...egLLbJAOjDOyg/
Very cool – I especially appreciate your analysis of the data in context of the year's big happenings.

I noticed 2020 is included in your table but not in your chart; was there a reason for this?

I made a copy of your spreadsheet to muck about with it because spreadshits are fun, and I added 2020 back in to see. I did find that it was starting to look mighty busy as a column chart with that many years included: that gets hard to read!

So I tried this "stacked stepped area chart" view instead. I like it because the height of the stack is the total number per month, and the area (colour block) represents visually how many were given out in each year.

pistachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2024, 02:23 AM   #5600

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistachoo View Post
I noticed 2020 is included in your table but not in your chart; was there a reason for this?

I made a copy of your spreadsheet to muck about with it because spreadshits are fun, and I added 2020 back in to see. I did find that it was starting to look mighty busy as a column chart with that many years included: that gets hard to read!
As you (and probably everyone else) had noticed, I left the year 2020 out of the bar graph. This was done intentionally because initially when I just added the 2023 data in, the resulting bar graph had too many bars for each month, and I thought that looked too distracting. So I made the conscious decision to leave one of the years out to reduce visual clutter.

2018 was the initial control year, so it didn't feel right to leave that out.
2019 was the insane, all-time high year, so I can't leave that out.
2022 was the year before the year of the most recent data (2023), so I can't leave it out as it'd make for a good comparison.
2023 was the most recent year that we do not know about yet!

So it came down to ditching 2020 or 2021. With 2020 being the COVID lockdown year, I felt that year was less representative of what the VPD was doing, so I left it out of the bar graph. But I left the data there in case anyone (such as yourself) was still interested in it, and you can play with it as you wish (and have done).
This post thanked by: