REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Scum gets run over while fleeing Vancouver police (https://www.revscene.net/forums/715430-scum-gets-run-over-while-fleeing-vancouver-police.html)

Presto 10-11-2018 02:26 PM

Scum gets run over while fleeing Vancouver police

https://postmediavancouversun2.files...8/10/truck.gif
Quote:

source: https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...c-stop-assault

Two of three men charged with assaulting a Vancouver police officer Tuesday are sons of an original member of the East End Hells Angels, Postmedia has learned.

A Vancouver police officer was taken to hospital Tuesday night after he was beaten during a routine traffic stop in downtown Vancouver.

It happened at around 10 p.m. when two plainclothes officers pulled over a Dodge Durango on Robson Street after they spotted travelling through an area of Granville Street closed to private vehicles.

The VPD says the three men in the vehicle, all in their early 20s and well-known to the police, were confrontational and verbally abusive during the traffic stop.

“The officers became concerned for their safety as the occupants refused to follow police direction and began reaching under the seat,” VPD spokesman Sgt. Jason Robillard said in a news release.

The assault began when one officer opened the passenger door and the front passenger pulled him into the vehicle and two men began punching him in the face. As the other officer rushed to help, all three men got out of the vehicle and continued to assault the officers.

While the officers were waiting for backup to arrive, one of the three men ran away and was hit by a pickup truck as he crossed an intersection against a red light.

The man continued to run for two more blocks before being arrested by the uninjured officer, who was giving chase.

“This is an example of the risk all police officers face as they work to protect the citizens they serve. This sort of incident affects the entire policing community,” said Robillard. “We wish our officer a speedy recovery and will ensure the officer and his family have the support they need.”

Troy Michael Robinson, born in 1996, and his brother Brendan John Robinson, born in 1997, both of West Vancouver, were arrested Tuesday by Vancouver police after fleeing the scene of the assault.

Both are sons of Lloyd Robinson, who retired from the Hells Angels several years ago.

The elder Robinson is the half-brother of John Bryce, the president of the East End chapter of the notorious biker gang.

Lloyd Robinson left the HA after a major undercover investigation in which police agent Micheal Plante infiltrated the gang by getting close to him.

Both Troy and Brendan Robinson are charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest along with a third man, Brian Benjamin Allen, of Victoria.

Allen is also charged with possession of stolen property worth under $5,000.

Troy and Brendan’s brother, Lloyd Robinson Jr., was convicted in 2014 of assaulting a taxi driver and breaking his nose and eye sockets . He was sentenced to 16 months in jail.

In a video of Tuesday’s incident posted to YouTube, a witness, who claims to have assisted in the arrest, can be heard questioning the arresting officer’s use of force.

“That dude kicked him in the stomach pretty hard for no reason,” the man said while pointing at the officer.

“He severely assaulted my partner and he is combative,” responded the officer.

The VPD said the man who ran from the scene was lucky not to have been seriously injured. He was check in hospital and released.

The injured police officer, meanwhile, is recovering at home.

“The injuries are to the head and face, and we consider them to be substantial injuries,” said Robillard.

Robillard was asked at a Thursday media conference if the officers, who were dressed in plainclothes, properly identified themselves as the police.

“These officers in this particular case were in plainclothes. They did pull this vehicle over with their emergency lights on their vehicle, they did identify themselves as police officers, and there is no doubt in my mind that the three occupants in the vehicle knew they were police officers — just from comments made and evidence I read,” he said.

white rocket 10-11-2018 02:41 PM

Damn!! Instant karma anyone?

belka 10-11-2018 03:22 PM

These idiots are just useless human beings that need to be erased from society. Toss them off the lions gate bridge into oil tanker traffic.

ssjGoku69 10-11-2018 03:44 PM

@ 1:59

"I can't breathe"
"good"

I think you wouldn't be able to speak if you can't breathe

Ludepower 10-11-2018 03:56 PM

His costume wearing dad should be proud.

jdmhaze 10-11-2018 04:25 PM

I think we can all agree the real hero here was not the police but the Dodge Ram

DGN23 10-11-2018 04:34 PM

10/10 would watch again

Mr.Money 10-11-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 8923024)
His costume wearing dad should be proud.

srs,Tucking your tail in after an "investigation" isn't a real gangster.

lucky that taxi driver was an innocent man they assaulted or he would've went for revenge with the wrong person.

Nlkko 10-11-2018 06:29 PM

So some idiot resisted arrest, ran away from the cops, got hit by a truck and the camera dude ran away???

Where was it? Retard Central?

GLOW 10-11-2018 06:33 PM

the comments section of the video FailFishWutFace

SkunkWorks 10-11-2018 06:33 PM

Always grinds my gears to hear bystanders scream bloody murder when they have no idea what events had led up to the arrest, nor what dangers the officers were facing.

Glad they got 'em all.

SkinnyPupp 10-11-2018 06:49 PM

In a case like this, you'd expect the person holding the camera to be a normal, concerned citizen. Or just normal. But nope, they are a fucking moron too FailFish

At least they got some good footage and shared it

Nlkko 10-11-2018 06:54 PM

I still don't understand why the camera guy run away.

kkthind 10-11-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8923049)

So he can post it online and make monies :badpokerface:

Jmac 10-11-2018 09:12 PM

The article says the guy got hit by the truck and ran for 2 more blocks. I don't think the camera guy was running away; he was following the guy who got hit by the truck and the officer pursuing him.

GS8 10-11-2018 09:58 PM

Ram truck living up to its namesake.

AzNightmare 10-11-2018 10:09 PM

Do plainclothes cops not have weapons? If the officer was getting attacked like that, I would have expected that would escalate the situation for guns to be drawn.

At the very least, batons. That one cop kept touching his hip like he was gonna pull something out but then never followed through.

Mikoyan 10-11-2018 10:28 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xm...H=w640-h564-no

welfare 10-11-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8923093)
Do plainclothes cops not have weapons? If the officer was getting attacked like that, I would have expected that would escalate the situation for guns to be drawn.

At the very least, batons. That one cop kept touching his hip like he was gonna pull something out but then never followed through.

Thought he drew his gun right before the guy bolted towards the front bumper of that truck

coneZONE 10-12-2018 06:46 AM

I saw the new report on Global last night and realized I remember those two kids from back in elementary school. And high school. Always problematic and troublemakers. I see nothing has changed all these years...

pherio 10-12-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8923043)
So some idiot resisted arrest, ran away from the cops, got hit by a truck and the camera dude ran away???

Where was it? Retard Central?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 8923043)

Video was filmed in portrait, there's your reason for everything

hal0g0dv2 10-12-2018 10:28 AM

bunch of heads

originalhypa 10-12-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmhaze (Post 8923026)
I think we can all agree the real hero here was not the police but the Dodge Ram

If you can't Dodge it, Ram it.

Who wants to set up a gofundme to buy that guy one of these?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/87...8e15828ded.jpg

JDMDreams 10-12-2018 02:02 PM

^^ the police will vi you

rriggi 10-12-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coneZONE (Post 8923121)
I saw the new report on Global last night and realized I remember those two kids from back in elementary school. And high school. Always problematic and troublemakers. I see nothing has changed all these years...

loool I went to high school with the one kid in North Van. Was always a nice to me, wasn't too shocked to see this though. I think he was the one who got hit by the truck.