REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   Recommend any decent transmission shop? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/715900-recommend-any-decent-transmission-shop.html)

syee 02-28-2019 08:01 PM

Recommend any decent transmission shop?

It seems my TSX's AT might be on it's way out. Seems to shift erratically at times disengage at random while I'm driving, and have to restart the car to force it to re-engage again.

Dealership seems to think it's time to replace the transmission and quoted $3800. Since my car is an 05, that's almost equal to the car's current value. In any case, wanted to get second opinion and was hoping someone might have a recommendation from an independent shop that perhaps works on Honda/Acuras fairly often.

whitev70r 02-28-2019 08:28 PM

Wilf's Transmission in Vancouver. Boss Transmission in Richmond.

SilverT 02-28-2019 09:24 PM

I have 2004 tsx and replaced the automatic transmission at boss transmission in Richmond last year. They told me they replace transmissions for Richmond Acura. I paid them approximately $4800 to replace the transmission and 2 engine mounts. The transmission now drives fine but it doesn't run smoothly exactly probably due to the age of the vehicle. I regret getting the transmission replaced, should of put the money towards a new car instead.

syee 02-28-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverT (Post 8941048)
I have 2004 tsx and replaced the automatic transmission at boss transmission in Richmond last year. They told me they replace transmissions for Richmond Acura. I paid them approximately $4800 to replace the transmission and 2 engine mounts. The transmission now drives fine but it doesn't run smoothly exactly probably due to the age of the vehicle. I regret getting the transmission replaced, should of put the money towards a new car instead.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too. Seeing that a 04/05 TSX goes for about $5000 on CL, there's no way I'd spend that much. Maybe if I can get it repaired for about 1k, I'd think about it. Any more than that and it's just not worth it for the hassle.

fliptuner 02-28-2019 11:58 PM

With a $1k budget, you're either going to have to DIY or get a used tranny, dirt cheap.

l2_narain 08-18-2019 10:55 PM

Blackwell Distributors - 10894 120 St, Surrey, BC V3V 4G9

GIZZ 09-01-2019 05:32 AM

Be warned, I’ve dealt with so many trans shops in town for my personal cars and literally had hundreds of transmissions sent out for rebuild. One of the trans shop mentioned above, they say they rebuild but they just will paint a used transmission from the auto wrecker. They will not warranty their work, basically crooks. My buddy used to work there, that’s what happened daily.

Benz is my top pick, most local dealers use them for rebuilds. Id let the dealer do the re-re and there is a 90% chance Benz will rebuild it. I’d guess $3500 plus taxes.