REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Mazda dealership service recos (https://www.revscene.net/forums/715949-mazda-dealership-service-recos.html)

Eff-1 03-13-2019 10:23 AM

Mazda dealership service recos

For all the Mazda owners who use (or used) the dealership for scheduled maintenance, which one would you recommend?

Our vehicle was purchased from Signature Mazda, but because of a poor post-sale experience we would rather do our servicing somewhere else, so I'm interested in recommendations for which one to choose.

Especially curious if anyone has experience with Morrey Mazda on the North Shore, since that's closest to us.

Thanks!

fliptuner 03-13-2019 10:58 AM

Wolfe Mazda in Langley. They deal with a lot of MS, Miata and rotary customers and took care of all the maintenance on our MZ3

heleu 03-13-2019 12:24 PM

Lol. I also had poor experiences with Signature Mazda for my wife's Mazda3. I wasn't expecting much, but it was just so much worse than Cowell VW for my Golf.

I now just take it to an indy shop. Much happier.

supafamous 03-13-2019 05:53 PM

I've taken my Mazda 3 to Destination Mazda on Boundary and was pretty happy with the communication and work. My family (parents and brother) have taken their Mazdas to Metrotown Mazda with no problems either. Never felt that we've been oversold anything.

I3Iizzard 03-13-2019 07:01 PM

highly recommend Wolfe Mazda Langely. I bring my modded speed3 there and never had any issues with them at all. Super friendly staff!

cdizzle 03-14-2019 05:27 AM

I go to Metrotown Mazda for my services, no issues there

OriginalJC 03-14-2019 05:51 AM

I too go to Wolfe Langley Mazda for my wifes Mazda 5.

I don't prefer their sales team, but the service staff have generally been good and honest (not trying to oversell me on service etc).

The Producer 03-14-2019 07:23 AM

always had all my servicing at morrey in north van (x3 mazda3's over the years)

all i want from a dealer service on an econo car is speed. these guys always have a bunch of front end staff, and a shuttle idling on the curb to take you to work. In and out in 5 mins.

they tried to push dumb stuff sometimes, but figured out quickly I only wanted the oil changes i came in for. they all do this - I appreciate the ones that catch on quick.

would recommend.

keifun 03-14-2019 07:29 AM

Got the lady's Mazda 3 at freeway Mazda in Surrey. Have been bringing it for maintenance ever since. The service was great. They didn't try to upsell us or be sneaky.

I still think signature Mazda and all other dealerships in Richmond are crappy.

mb_ 03-14-2019 08:19 AM

OpenRoad Mazda Port Moody

twitchyzero 03-14-2019 11:29 AM

driver-side belt doesn't retract from factory :fulloffuck:

will probably be bringing it to metrotown for convenience sake (even though I didn't like their sales)

the team at wolfe was straight up and no BS, doesn't surprise me they come well-recommended here

tru_blue 03-14-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eff-1 (Post 8942597)
For all the Mazda owners who use (or used) the dealership for scheduled maintenance, which one would you recommend?

Our vehicle was purchased from Signature Mazda, but because of a poor post-sale experience we would rather do our servicing somewhere else, so I'm interested in recommendations for which one to choose.

Especially curious if anyone has experience with Morrey Mazda on the North Shore, since that's closest to us.

Thanks!

What went wrong at Signature mazda ?

I heard they have the hottest sales girls in all of B.C PogChamp

Blah_Teggie 03-14-2019 09:55 PM

I pick Metrotown Mazda when servicing my car. And also cuz I work there. But I've been servicing my car way before I started working there. I'm also not a fan of Signature Mazda.

cococly 03-15-2019 02:48 AM

Does anyone here know if the MAZDA ADDED PROTECTION is transferable to the new owner within the coverage period?

I have asked different Mazda dealerships in the Lower Mainland, I have got different responses ranging from transferable for a fee at the dealer, to plain voided since it was a private sale.

I also think there is a conflict of interest to the Mazda Dealer, as if I would have to pay for repair services if I don't have MAZDA ADDED PROTECTION.

IMASA 03-15-2019 06:35 AM

Let's hear some Signature Mazda stories. I hear a lot of good experiences from Wolfe, but that's way too far for me.

I bought my car from Signature and got the first service there because it's close to home. I have nothing good or bad to say about my first service experience with them other than finishing my car earlier than expected, which is nice, but they quoted me 1.5hr for an oil change since they were busy.

I think the next closest Mazda dealership to me is Metrotown, is it worth the extra distance for something like the basic oil change service?

Great68 03-15-2019 08:12 AM

I bought my Speed 3 from Signature. The sales process was allright, was pretty straightforward, the usual back and forth banter to arrive at the price I wanted to pay.

The experience after the sale, and with their service department sucked.

First of all, when I picked up the car there was about a 1" scratch on the driver's side rear door door. I pointed it out and it was noted on the delivery inspection sheet.
The sales manager said they would take care of it, since I live on the island he said to take it to Advance Auto Collision over here in Victoria for a quote, which I did. Obviously he didn't like that price, so I got a call from him and he asked if he could arrange to have it fixed with their shop when I brought the car in for the first service. I said OK, I'm fine with that.

So the first service:
I found a weekend that I was coming back to the mainland to visit my family and scheduled the service in. I was prepared to leave the car for a week and come back the following weekend to pick it up.

I took the car in on the Saturday morning, when I dropped it off the service clerk had no knowledge of the paint work that needed to be done.

Talked to the sales manager: "Oh geez, I'm sorry for the mix up, can we schedule it another week"

Me: "You realize I live on the island, I already conceded to have you do it here rather than on the island like you originally agreed to, are you going to pay my ferry fares and time to come back?"

Sales manager: "I'm so sorry, we'll figure something out"

Me: "Just get my first service done, and we'll talk later".

So two things were supposed to get done during that service, oil change, and they were to replace some insulator pads in the cowling under a TSB for the cowl rattling around against the windshield.

Get a call that afternoon that my car's ready, drive down with my dad to pick it up, drive home and have a look under the hood.

First thing I check the oil, the fucking level was WAY high, like a full liter over.

Second I look at the cowl. Well along the top of the cowl is a seal strip held in with those plastic pegs/clips. It runs along the cowl and onto the fenders. Well the clips at the fenders were missing (so the ends of the seal were just flapping around), and it looked like to remove them they just tried to pry with a flat head screwdriver because the paint was all scratched to shit around the clip holes.

I drove back and grabbed the service manager, opened the hood, showed him and said "What the hell is this?". He said some bullshit, brought the tech out who worked on the car (who looked like the most junior dunce in the shop) and did this joking shaky fist thing at him.

I was like fuck you guys, that's the last I ever deal with you. That was 10 years ago and I still remember that situation pretty well. Amazing how things that piss you off like that stay in your memory.

Now, my experiences with Pacific Mazda over here in Victoria have been great. But unfortunately that won't help EFF-1

Eff-1 03-15-2019 11:53 AM

The actual salesperson at Signature was great to deal with. I'd recommend him to others.

The delivery experience left us disappointed.

Within the first 24 hrs, we found spilled coffee spots all over the center console and steering column. The person who spilled it tried to clean it up, but it looks like he/she used paper napkins that left fine scratches on the the instrument panel that you can see under bright light. Now I have to polish those out.

Then when I first washed the car, I found white vinyl wrap still stuck to the XM antenna. Sticker residue left on the tail lamp. Paint swirls already!

We also wanted to buy a winter tire package immediately post-sale. Dealing with their parts manager was frustrating. He messed up the quote initially, then when I questioned it, he stopped replying to my emails. I had to keep following up. Eventually we got what we wanted after I complained to my salesperson, but right from the start we weren't treated very well, especially when you are someone who just bought a new car from them.

The big lesson I learned: Never pick up a new car at night! Always do it in the daytime when you have a better chance of noticing any imperfections. At least I may have noticed the coffee stains at that time. Inspect the car before you sign, not after.

AstulzerRZD 03-15-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru_blue (Post 8942827)
I heard they have the hottest sales girls in all of B.C

https://www.signaturemazda.com/about-us/staff/

twitchyzero 03-15-2019 02:10 PM

freight+pdi is not cheap

but i must be the weird one who enjoys unboxing crap so asked them to skip pdi as much as possible for a real shop to handle it, the only thing missing upon delivery is wheel cover (if it's a thing for Canadian-spec) and seat plastic

even without lot boys really touching it there's some faint paint swirls from factory/longshoreman

i'm pretty anal and who doesn't want perfectly pristine fresh if buying brand new, but my tolerance level is probably a tad higher knowing paint swirls are inevitable by all the people that will handle it before delivery and being a budget-concious brand they're not gonna put it through spa treatment because the majority of their clientel won't even notice (see Matrix trunk dent thread ResidentSleeper)

but yeah, overinflated tires, overfilled oil is not uncommon regardless of brand...i guess why this thread was created

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eff-1 (Post 8942907)
The delivery experience left us disappointed.

Within the first 24 hrs, we found spilled coffee spots all over the center console and steering column. The person who spilled it tried to clean it up, but it looks like he/she used paper napkins that left fine scratches on the the instrument panel that you can see under bright light. Now I have to polish those out.

Then when I first washed the car, I found white vinyl wrap still stuck to the XM antenna. Sticker residue left on the tail lamp. Paint swirls already!

Eff-1 03-15-2019 02:43 PM

I know what you mean. Paint swirls are generally unavoidable and not a deal-breaker. But for almost $2k freight and PDI, I expected a lot more care taken when removing all the plastics, and the spilling of the coffee and poor clean-up was totally inexcusable.

I remember when my dad bought a new car and the brake lights didn't work at all. We drove it home from the dealership like that and didn't notice for two weeks.

XplicitLuder 03-17-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supafamous (Post 8942663)
I've taken my Mazda 3 to Destination Mazda on Boundary and was pretty happy with the communication and work. .

+1 , they fixed an issue that their neighbour dealer couldn't, and didn't have to lie to me