REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-04-2019, 12:37 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Police Tow Mustang on Cypress (Jun 2nd, 2019)

On Sunday, June 2nd it appeared that police were towing what appeared to be a highly modified Mustang (had a HUGE spoiler and possibly FMIC). This was around 10pm.

I don't know if the owner was caught racing on Cypress or if this was just a breakdown or something...but, damn, it's pretty easy to go over 60 km/h on Cypress as you may already know so judging from how highly modified this car was, I'd take it he may have been flying?

Also, it seems you have to be super careful on Cypress as usually there are a few odd cop cars driving around - is this recent?

Figured I'd check in with the wankers on here if you know anything about this...
Advertisement
WestCoastPleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:43 AM   #2
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Great first post: asks redundant/rhetorical (pick one or both) question, forms opinions based on what he saw with zero knowledge of the incident and calls everyone wankers.

Enjoy the ride.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2019, 07:44 AM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,682 Times in 3,121 Posts
was it grey in color? if it is, i knowwww the guy

p.s. who doesnt know about cypress unless your a N
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Before this spirals out in vcc / rs fashion I come with facts. ..
128 kph in the 60 kph zone.
Coming up the hill just before the booth where the road closes at 10pm. Was 930pm.
7 day impound for excessive speed.
Was by myself.
I rarely go up there & didn't think cops would be camping out at this time on a Sunday evening. Never go up there in daylight anymore.
60 kph there is laughably slow, but makes sense in winter months for conditions.
Front mounted intercooler? Surprised someone saw this. It's an air to oil cooler...
I was most offended by the tow driver who was hesitant to use my tow ring to reel the car onto flat bed because he told me people have fake ones (wtf) . I guess because a Mustang with a giant wing assumes major rice, However my car is very functional. He used it and worked great.
For anyone curious my driving record isn't very bad.. last ticket was 2016 for minor speeding (clocked on terminal at 6am on a Sunday morning doing 15 over or something.. ) and 2014 previous for driving in a bus lane.
Ofcourse with a car such as mine I like to open taps occasionally especially on some mountain roads. Not trying to justify anything here, just pointing things out.
An unlucky one, but it happens.

Tldr : impound 7 days for excessive, not very exciting.
Korrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:47 AM   #5

Also to add. Cop was professional and to the point like cops should be. He didn't tack on other bullshit tickets like some cops do.
I'm not sure if I'll dispute as there isn't really anything to dispute. I may just to buy time for the money and DRP hit. But it'll all have to be paid eventually anyways. Anyone want to chime in on this?

Also tow and storage fee is just over $400.
Korrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:28 AM   #6

there ya go, you did the deed and you'll pay the fee. Good job on taking it like a man.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrax View Post
Also tow and storage fee is just over $400.
Yes, i wanted to write about VI bs, but it was RCMP i guess. I think VI is worth punishment, even for your situation
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:47 AM   #8
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
You can ask for a reduction in fines from court and this will extend your pay period. If you are upfront with the judge and explain the situation he might be nice OR he could also go the other way and add something to the fine.

Always scout ahead on Cypress before doing any fun driving. Always. Even better is to have a spotter ahead just to be extra careful. Hypothetically that is....

Berz out.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Everyone's done stupid shit on cypress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusxv View Post
Yes, i wanted to write about VI bs, but it was RCMP i guess. I think VI is worth punishment, even for your situation
Wut?
Old 06-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #10
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Everyone's done stupid shit on cypress...
You aren't a Vancouver car enthusiast if you haven't done stupid shit on cypress!

Photo shoots, donuts, impounds, and car flips. I've seen and heard it all on that mountain.

FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #11
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,068 Times in 1,253 Posts
now they close it with the damm booth

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #12
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
They actually close the road up to Cypress now? I was hoping to go up there late one night for some nice night views/photos....how far up is this booth you speak of? Past the look-out?
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #13

Maybe Seymore is the new Cypress now? gdamn, i havent driven up there just for ha ha's since i was driving a sentra thinking i was inital D reincarnate.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #14
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Maybe Seymore is the new Cypress now? gdamn, i havent driven up there just for ha ha's since i was driving a sentra thinking i was inital D reincarnate.

Seymour is bumpy af LOL.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #15
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Narc

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #16
racing & tech mod.

I will chime in on the 60kph is laughably slow comment.
It would be hugely hypocritical of me to chide anyone for speeding up cypress - but I do have over 20 years of accident free driving under my belt now and I can say this about cypress: On SIX occasions I have had wildlife RUN accross the road in front of me there. Historically, there have not been wildlife fences to prevent crossings, like there are on other sections of bc highways where the limits are higher.

The first time you almost DIE because a stupid fucking bear bolts out in front of you in the dark, you stop ripping up cypress at night. If youre smart. Its TEEMING with wildlife.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2019, 03:49 AM   #17
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaggs View Post
They actually close the road up to Cypress now? I was hoping to go up there late one night for some nice night views/photos....how far up is this booth you speak of? Past the look-out?
It closes at 11pm and has for15 years at least... got burned 12+ years ago with a friend from LA in town and got there 2 minutes late one night...

It’s at the booth where it’s still flat almost immediately after you come off the highway.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #18
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Is this booth past the lookout or before the lookout?
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:55 PM   #19
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post
Is this booth past the lookout or before the lookout?
It is way before the lookout. You get off the highway and continue traveling West, the booth is on the right hand side before you do the first turn that takes you going East up the hill.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
It closes at 11pm and has for15 years at least... got burned 12+ years ago with a friend from LA in town and got there 2 minutes late one night...

It’s at the booth where it’s still flat almost immediately after you come off the highway.
I've definitely done middle of the night runs up the mountain...
Old 06-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #21
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
maybe theyve changed, but it used to be only during the winter months that they close the road by 11pm. summer time u can go all the way up anytime u want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #22
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
The booths moved up the mountain now, to just before the lookout, and there is no gate. The booths purpose is to close the road when the road gets really bad in the winter, or when there is something else going on. It serves no purpose any other time, and is unmanned like 99% of the time.

Also there is a road that connects the British properties to the Cypress bowl road right basically where the new booth is (hence why they moved it).

The road does not close, I dont know what you guys are talking about. I was literally up there at 2am like a month ago.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2019, 07:43 PM   #23
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Make sure you got the ticket and go to dispute it within the 30 days for a reduced fine.
I got clocked doing 149 on hwy 1 last November on my supercharged m3. Literally just wanted to speed up and then brake fast just cuz I had warped rotors and I had read online that getting them up to temp could possibly straighten them. By the time I had seen the cop I was already doing the speed limit but he was getting into his cruiser to pull me over.
The cop was nice and got my car impounded for 7 days.
The thing is that this asshole cop didn’t do is GIVE me the ticket.
He only gave me the impound notice which was I think $420 iirc.
Within the 30 days (I think on the 28th day) I went to ICBC to dispute it and hopefully get it lowered as it was my first offence but according to them there was no ticket in my record so I was good in that sense.
Fast forward a few months later when I went to register a car on my name bam I’m slapped with the almost $400 ticket. I can’t remember exactly. I had to pay it on the spot or I couldn’t transfer the car under my name. That was a mistake.
Now for the next 3 years I’m going to be paying a driver premium which is like $380 once a year. Just FYI
asma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:30 PM   #24
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
I will chime in on the 60kph is laughably slow comment.
It would be hugely hypocritical of me to chide anyone for speeding up cypress - but I do have over 20 years of accident free driving under my belt now and I can say this about cypress: On SIX occasions I have had wildlife RUN accross the road in front of me there. Historically, there have not been wildlife fences to prevent crossings, like there are on other sections of bc highways where the limits are higher.

The first time you almost DIE because a stupid fucking bear bolts out in front of you in the dark, you stop ripping up cypress at night. If youre smart. Its TEEMING with wildlife.
Can confirm, Had a giant golden eagle or some shit almost collide with me while I was on my motorcycle a few years back. My buddy got it on video too. It was like an inch from my body then backed off last second and almost ate shit itself trying to recover its flight trajectory.
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:20 PM   #25
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asma123 View Post
I got clocked doing 149 on hwy 1 last November on my supercharged m3. Literally just wanted to speed up and then brake fast just cuz I had warped rotors and I had read online that getting them up to temp could possibly straighten them. By the time I had seen the cop I was already doing the speed limit but he was ge
lol dunno what kinda rotors you're on to need to hit 150 to heat them up... a hard stomp at 80kph repeatedly should be good enough to get a slightly better bite
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: