REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Former Raptor Danny Green robbed in DTES after AirBnB confusion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716266-former-raptor-danny-green-robbed-dtes-after-airbnb-confusion.html)

originalhypa 07-10-2019 08:06 AM

Former Raptor Danny Green robbed in DTES after AirBnB confusion

Best place on earth to live!
Million dollar tear downs!
Yeeeeeah!

https://www.citynews1130.com/wp-cont...anny-green.jpg

Quote:

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – Fresh off an NBA Championship, a former Toronto Raptors player was robbed last week while visiting Vancouver for a promotional event.

Danny Green opened up about the experience on his podcast for Yahoo Canada Sports, Inside The Green Room. Green, who recently left Toronto, inking a two-year contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, says he was in town for the opening of a London Drugs last Friday in the Dunbar neighbourhood but unknowingly booked an Airbnb in a very different area.

“We don’t know much about Vancouver,” he says in the podcast. “We booked the Airbnb, on the picture it looks great. They go to check in, we go to eat, and they’re like ‘Yo, we gotta change it, it’s old, it’s raggedy, it feels haunted.’ We didn’t know there’s a ghetto or hood in Vancouver. We didn’t know where we were located at, we’re two blocks from East Hastings, we didn’t know that.”

While he and his entourage were upstairs going over the details and figuring out what to do, their book bags were stolen from their vehicle.

“We go back outside, and we pretty much got robbed. Not robbed of everything, but two book bags [were] gone, and one of the book bags had a lot of stuff in it,” he says. “We lost electronics, computers, laptops, camp registry money, stuff like that.”

Green says they called the police and searched the neighbourhood for their bags but couldn’t find them.

“Two blocks from East Hastings, it’s the worst street in like North America in terms of druggies and there’s bags everywhere,” he says. “The cops [were] with us, he drove me around, [he’s like] ‘I can’t get out of the car and start searching everybody right now.'”
https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/07...-green-robbed/

68style 07-10-2019 08:41 AM

I was gonna say how did Danny Green grow up in the hood and then do something stupid like leave bags full of goodies in cars........... but then I just looked it up and he grew up in a place in New York that's 85% white... far from the hood :)

Hondaracer 07-10-2019 09:14 AM

well yea, car full of fancy looking bags near the DTES, the doors might as well be unlocked with a neon sign over head

Hakkaboy 07-10-2019 09:17 AM

i had to google what a "book bag" was. Is that an american thing?

whitev70r 07-10-2019 09:19 AM

Danny Green should fire his assistants.

Nlkko 07-10-2019 09:21 AM

Dumpster. Just signed a $30m over 2 years contract tho so he'll be aight.

underscore 07-10-2019 09:35 AM

The guys a multimillionaire but he stays in a random AirBnB and leaves a bunch of stuff in the car? It doesn't matter how good or bad of an area you're in, if you leave shit in your car there's a chance it'll be stolen.

shabusen 07-10-2019 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wanted to be close to...?

will068 07-10-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8953255)
Danny Green should fire his assistants.

His dumbass assistants are in for a treat in LA with skidrow. LOLOL.

originalhypa 07-11-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will068 (Post 8953316)
His dumbass assistants are in for a treat in LA with skidrow. LOLOL.

Everyone knows that when you're staying in LA, you stay in the hills. None of that pedestrian downtown crap.

Actually that's a good rule for most US cities.

chrisisofficial 07-11-2019 11:45 AM

Basic things like, don't leave items visible in your car may seem obvious to people like us. But, if he's privileged or privileged growing up, I can understand his ignorance.

68style 07-11-2019 01:00 PM

I don't get why a dude making $15mill a year is slumming it even looking at AirBnB??? Why wouldn't you get a hotel... so strange...

Nevermind he's in town for a promotional event? Shouldn't LD have taken care of him?

originalhypa 07-11-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 8953425)
I don't get why a dude making $15mill a year is slumming it even looking at AirBnB??? Why wouldn't you get a hotel... so strange...

Nevermind he's in town for a promotional event? Shouldn't LD have taken care of him?

You would think that, right?

But maybe he's one of those humble dudes who wants to take in what the city has to offer. So many Americans that I meet on my travels know very little about Vancouver, other than "it's so beautiful". Add to that American ignorance about Canadians, ie; we're all friendly and polite and oh so accommodating. When in reality, there are people in the DTES, Surrey, Abbotsford that will stab the shit out of you for no reason at all.

So I do kind of get it.
But I am also willing to bet that the next time he's in Vancouver, he'll be staying at the Shangri-La.

Suddenly the Trump towers don't look so bad, do they Danny?

:lol

teggy604 07-11-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 8953425)

Maybe he's like Keanu Reeves. Just wants to be your average guy. Humble, and respectful.

MG1 07-11-2019 03:14 PM

Ignorance and DTES............. they go hand in hand.

MG1 07-11-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8953429)
So many Americans that I meet on my travels know very little about Vancouver, other than "it's so beautiful". Add to that American ignorance about Canadians, ie; we're all friendly and polite and oh so accommodating. When in reality, there are people in the DTES, Surrey, Abbotsford that will stab the shit out of you for no reason at all.

I would always suggest, "The American Hotel," to any travellers from south of the 49th.

Now that it's gone, what's one to do? The I'mahoe just next door, of course.

Actually, the American has a new facelift.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2...merican-hotel/

Yeah, this belongs in the Vancouver History thread.