REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Car Broken Into

hey guys, did a quick search on the forum and found nothing on the matter. so i got my car broken into early saturday morning and aside from the broken window what was stolen was a pair of sunglasses and prescription glasses. don't really much care for the glasses but what concerns me the most is they also stole my insurance papers.

made a police report and called icbc and they said there's not much they can do with them aside from know my address. however reading online, there's alot they can do with it like sell stolen cars under my VIN and name. is that really possible and how do i go about making sure that doesn't happen?
Advertisement
j_ryan604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:38 PM   #2
I STILL don't get it

Maybe call equifax and transunion and put a fraud alert on yourself. Sounds like some information harvesting. Best case this prevents them from doing anything to your credit. Best case, they discard your info and don't do anything with it. Make sure you have theft insurance because maybe they are coming back with some keys freshly cut to just drive away with your car.
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
Hope you didn't leave a garage door remote in the car.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,201 Times in 409 Posts
Keep an eye on your house for the next little while. Friend had his insurance papers stolen from his car, and they hit his house later that week. More directly, my aunt got forced out of her car at knifepoint in Surrey, they then drove to her house in Burnaby and tried to break in. uncle was home and they took off
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,339 Times in 587 Posts
Just for reference - What I do is sharpie my address on my insurance papers in the glove box. I sharpie it front and back, and then use a ink pen and scribble over it, so you can't see the address information at all.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #6
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Just for reference - What I do is sharpie my address on my insurance papers in the glove box. I sharpie it front and back, and then use a ink pen and scribble over it, so you can't see the address information at all.
You can actually just cover or whiteout your address, then photocopy your papers and keep those in the car. No need to keep the originals in your car and you do not have to show your address to anyone, in case you get into a fender bender.

Been doing this for two decades.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2019, 04:08 PM   #7
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
Keep an eye on your house for the next little while. Friend had his insurance papers stolen from his car, and they hit his house later that week. More directly, my aunt got forced out of her car at knifepoint in Surrey, they then drove to her house in Burnaby and tried to break in. uncle was home and they took off
that's what im afraid of. no ones basically home during the day time either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudz View Post
Maybe call equifax and transunion and put a fraud alert on yourself. Sounds like some information harvesting. Best case this prevents them from doing anything to your credit. Best case, they discard your info and don't do anything with it. Make sure you have theft insurance because maybe they are coming back with some keys freshly cut to just drive away with your car.
wouldn't that affect my credit score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Hope you didn't leave a garage door remote in the car.
don't have a garage anyhow but it's a little sketch now knowing they got my address since no ones home during the day
j_ryan604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,201 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_ryan604 View Post

wouldn't that affect my credit score?
No.its not a hard credit check.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote