REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 09-13-2019, 08:26 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Sump pump maintenance?

Just checking what regular maintenance is recommended with a sump pump? Only thing I can find is testing it every 3-4 month, replace before it hits 10 year (at around 7-8 years), and occasional cleaning. Is there any more?

As for cleaning the pump - do people usually pull out their pump and clean or leave it to professionals? It seems mighty gross down there, overwhelmed and dont know where to start. If it pull that pump out and hose it down, do I let the sludge go down storm drain? And I assume cleaning should be done during non-rainy days?
Advertisement
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Found the answer. Hired someone to replace sump pumps. Recommended to camera + jetter clean perimeter drain every 2 yrs.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 12:34 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post
Found the answer. Hired someone to replace sump pumps. Recommended to camera + jetter clean perimeter drain every 2 yrs.
Bumping this thread. How much did it cost you for the maintenance?

My sump pump is making this high pitched whining noise, and seems to be making operational noise constantly. Before it would run when water fills up to push it out.

Sump pump is from 2010 when the last owners put this in. Definitely sounds like time to replace the sump pump at this point, when shit starts making weird ass sounds (then you know something ain't right).

I did some google search, online says it ain't that hard to replace the sump pump, but google always make thing sound easy until you have to physically do it lol.

Any DIY replaced theirs? Where did you buy from? Home Depot?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 09:03 PM   #4
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Home depot useto sell nice quality sump pumps, not anymore. Last ones we bought dont last too long. (For company use)

You can get prices from emco, ba robinson, andrew sheret, etc. (some of these guys carry the same low end stuff as home depot)

I would find out if your pump has a built in float, or uses external floats, voltage, HP, mounting connections, etc, look up a youtube video. Then with that info you know what you need to buy, doesnt need to be exact to swap it, but makes the job easier.

Its not rocket science, but you need to have a basic understanding of working on wiring and discharge connections depending what you have

I would say give it a go DIY, worst case you call a company, and your probably looking at a 700$ bill for a cheap replacement, upwards of 3k for a stainless steel high or cast pump.

With that said, i havent bought a sump pump in years, maybe the cheqp ones have gotten better and will last a while.

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote