REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Movember (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716486-movember.html)

Mancini 10-04-2019 02:38 PM

Movember

Who’s growing a moustache this year? Last year was my first time and I’m looking forward to an excuse to do it again.

Supporting and raising awareness for men’s health is also important.

6793026 10-04-2019 03:55 PM

fuck it; i did it many yrs ago; as an asian male + without the ability to even grow anything on my face... I looked like a creepy rapist... never doing movember again.

Vansterdam 10-05-2019 08:53 PM

NO NUT MOVEMBER :accepted:

Infiniti 10-06-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8961893)
fuck it; i did it many yrs ago; as an asian male + without the ability to even grow anything on my face... I looked like a creepy rapist... never doing movember again.

A solution to this is to grow your pubes out in the shape of a moustache.

Hondaracer 10-06-2019 10:19 AM

I’m going the opposite way.. considering shaving a 2 year old beard off on Wednesday lol

Euro7r 10-07-2019 01:39 PM

I tried it like 2 - 3 years ago, after 2 weeks, couldn't take it anymore lol. Although I still donated to a good cause! I'm trying to encourage my buddies that do it for the month, I'll be willing to donate more in support :)

Hehe 10-07-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8961893)

yeah... me too. My beard only grows spotty-ly and whenever I do movember, I look like a fucking psycho weirdo in lousy HK movies... every time...

Last time I did it was on a dare with my wife 2 years ago for a fundraising they have at work... never again.

originalhypa 10-09-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8962078)
I’m going the opposite way.. considering shaving a 2 year old beard off on Wednesday lol

After starting from clean shaven years ago, I found that it was hard on me professionally regardless of the awareness you're raising. People saw me as a perv, straight up. I mean, yeah, they were kind of right, but I like to keep that info to myself, ya know...

Now I just grow my beard through september and october, so by Movember I can start with a stache with some thickness. My industry is full of engineers and women, neither of which like dealing with a moustache guy.

Bypass the creepy growing period, and even I can take part :fuckyea:

MG1 10-09-2019 10:10 AM

I guess it's time for me to do something with my beard. It's waaaayyyy too long. I have to be careful when I eat and it's starting to get out of hand. Put on a jacket, zip it up, and OUCH, it got me! Even the sideburns are out of control. Just too lazy to trim the fukking thing. I did find a nice smelling beard wax and oil. When I'm in a rush I put some on and use my beard brush to tame that bush (almost a trifecta of rhyme).

I need a good woman to tame it........................

As for down under, I use and love my Seiko electric shaver.............. yeah, a little off topic. Sort of.