REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 12-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Impark

Hello All,

I recently accepted/signed on to work at Impark starting in 2 weeks (Finance job).

I have had a few friends tell me their friends working at the company, it is terrible. Salary sucks, management sucks etc. They work in IT, parking enforcement, finance.

I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy and this doesn't seem like a good start? I also have a friend working in operations that's been there for 20+ years. Mixed feelings.

Any of you guys work there? Or have worked there or know people working there? Just want to find out if these are extreme examples.
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Wo...3382.11,17.htm
Old 12-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #3

Online seems quite consistent with low pay for lower level type of work. Pay isn't my biggest concern, more so culture and also if its the hire/fire mentality.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
I know someone on RS (not the OP) who works at Impark and I will say he's an asshole galore.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I know someone on RS (not the OP) who works at Impark and I will say he's an asshole galore.
Man this is not good sign...Haven't heard a single good thing externally about this company. What have I got myself into
Old 12-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #6
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
The only thing I know about them is their parking enforcement and bill collection policies. To save the stories I'll just say for the OP's sake I hope they're better to deal with internally than externally.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #7
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
let's just put it this way; people who are grumpy are eager to post. I have yet to post up good findings of a company at where I used to work. Therefore, take it with a grain of salt.

Good people go in with a good heart; great people go in to make a difference and shine. Where you look is where you go.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #8

I was excited when I got the job and also knew a personal friend working there for 20+ years at the same company. It's not often you hear many work that long for one company their entire career these days, figured it's gotta be decently good.

Then I told people I knew, nothing but negative comments. Kinda feels discouraging but I gotta go with what it is with a good mindset. Part of human life, we think a lot and in my case overthinking when I haven't even started LOL
Old 12-10-2019, 04:29 PM   #9
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Go in and see for yourself. Forget what others say, make your own decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2019, 04:45 PM   #10
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
All local parking companies are vultures ... Diamond, Impark, Advanced. I can only guess the corporate culture because they love to find the violators, anyone including those who have just passed the time on their ticket by a few mins and then write up a ticket for $125. Telephone agents have to problem shoot pissed off people on the phone and they have to tow the company hard line ... 'sorry, there is nothing I can do about your ticket'.

Only other worst place to work might be collections for Canada Revenue ...
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

They got a fancy office location over looking coal harbour you can see helicopter pad and them taking off all day from your office if you're that high up in the ranks.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:43 PM   #12
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Man this is not good sign...Haven't heard a single good thing externally about this company. What have I got myself into
lol i'm only kidding about the guy being an asshole. he's a good friend of mine and posted that just to get a rile out of him haha

You're in good hands. like the other say, go in with a positive attitude and you'll be fine.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:39 PM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

impark officers
i'm going to throw all my impark tickets to the trash
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:07 AM   #14
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
I worked in the industry and from what i was told by my two Impark operation managers, its gone downhill quick after they got bought out about a year ago.

There are good people that work there but you just gotta get to know them to get past the attitudes.

If you're working in accounting, you're probably walking into a nightmare. I always had AR/AP issues every month and every time i called in, there was someone new to deal with.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #15

Figured I report back. Communication is absolute garbage for a company this large in size. These idiots can't even communicate a simple message across a small group of people and then expect people to know how to do their jobs and understand all the work policies. When I started working, didn't even give me a run down on policies or issue a manual of some sort to read. When you don't follow their policies, they "RIP" on you for your mistake, like WTF?! I can see why some don't want to work here for long or decide to leave. Zero appreciation for what you bring to the table during the busiest times and then rip you for over the smallest things. Thanks but no thanks, I'm sticking to my 1-year plan (learn whatever I can and jet).

Almost every so often the communication from the boss has some aggressive "attitude". As he's been working here forever, he can get away with it even when others know that's the way he is. End of the day, we are all here to do our jobs and help one another to drive the success of the organization, I really do not understand why the boss needs to "shove" their fucking thoughts down other throats that work below them. There are nicer ways to address the message you are trying to get across.

Last edited by Euro7r; 04-27-2020 at 04:43 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2020, 05:25 PM   #16
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Figured I report back. Communication is absolute garbage for a company this large in size. These idiots can't even communicate a simple message across a small group of people and then expect people to know how to do their jobs and understand all the work policies. When I started working, didn't even give me a run down on policies or issue a manual of some sort to read. When you don't follow their policies, they "RIP" on you for your mistake, like WTF?! I can see why some don't want to work here for long or decide to leave. Zero appreciation for what you bring to the table during the busiest times and then rip you for over the smallest things. Thanks but no thanks, I'm sticking to my 1-year plan (learn whatever I can and jet).

Almost every so often the communication from the boss has some aggressive "attitude". As he's been working here forever, he can get away with it even when others know that's the way he is. End of the day, we are all here to do our jobs and help one another to drive the success of the organization, I really do not understand why the boss needs to "shove" their fucking thoughts down other throats that work below them. There are nicer ways to address the message you are trying to get across.
Would you stay if they gave you a raise or promotion?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Would you stay if they gave you a raise or promotion?
No, money only solves money problems. The problem is the attitude of my boss being a complete inconsiderate dbag that it's not enjoyable to work for certain days. One day will be nice guy, another day being a prick. It's like the other day, integrated a new component to the work, but doesn't specifically specify what he wants exactly. Just being vague and general, so we took a run at it since it was a "first run" anyways and he ripped us for not meeting his expectations. It's a first time, there will always be revisions after revision to perfect it, can't expect first go to be perfect. It's simple things like this that pisses me off.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2020, 06:17 PM   #18

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Plenty of managers out there that are undeserving of their title and pay. Try working in an Asian company, or even worse IN Asia and its just utter garbage management. You get the whole seniority thing, where people are just promoted into positions they have no zero business being in and when they fail to "manage" properly its never their fault. They take out every little thing on the team they "manage" so you build a culture of juniors dog eat dogging everyone else so they get to become the monster they vowed never to be.

Oh, right back on topic. Yea, money only goes so far when quality of life is just garbage and work takes up so much of our lives its just not worth it.
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 06:42 PM   #19

^ I should have used the proper term when I mentioned "boss" in my example, supposed to have meant VP, pretty much what I wanted to say was, the person calling the shots I work under of. I'm not discrediting his ability to execute his job (he worked from ground up to now executive role); however, it's just not the mentality you would to give off if you want people to commit working for you for a long time with the harsh aggressive attitude. Plus he does so in front of everyone, instead of directly addressing the issue with that person directly. E.g. Say you send out a message with the completed work to a email group and there are things he doesn't like, he will rip you in front of all those in the message chain rather than deal with you directly with what he dislikes.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:16 PM   #20

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Yea, understood. What I think I wanted to articulate was that some people are absolutely great at their job no doubt working their way up the chain. However, just being good at that job doesn't make a good manager. Think you nailed it on the head with your last example of blasting an employee in front of everyone, that doesn't foster an inclusive environment that motivates people for the long term.

Job environment can't be great at the moment though. Plans to leave?
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Yea, understood. What I think I wanted to articulate was that some people are absolutely great at their job no doubt working their way up the chain. However, just being good at that job doesn't make a good manager. Think you nailed it on the head with your last example of blasting an employee in front of everyone, that doesn't foster an inclusive environment that motivates people for the long term.

Job environment can't be great at the moment though. Plans to leave?
Blasting someone in front of everyone is pretty much telling more people how big of a dbag he is. Just don't quite get his logic (guess doesn't think with his stupid head before he says something).

I don't hate the work I do, I am grateful to have a job still in such struggling times and also learning lots of things; however, I can't vision myself working with an asshole for years to come as he will definitely be a "lifer" working here. I have high tolerance and thick skin as I have worked with lots of senior management over the years internally and externally (big corporate clients that are hundreds of billions of dollars), never have a came across an asshole like this guy with communication. Eventually will look at leaving but it will be later on since there's not many opportunities now due to Covid.

Would I recommend anyone to work here, probably not unless it's literally your first job and that's all you can get, or you actually want to gain experience in this particular industry (parking management). All it takes is one bad apple to ruin it all for everyone. Nothing wrong with the work itself as mentioned, just unpleasant working environment at times.

Last edited by Euro7r; 04-28-2020 at 08:30 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2020, 01:16 PM   #22

Thought I report back since been awhile. Things have not changed a single bit since my last post. In order to survive here, your skin literally needs to be thicker than a telephone book, these people throw out so much fucking attitude, you eventually get so sick and tired of it. You work extra on weekends to push out your work to fulfil deadlines, and they are so quick to judge and call you out on the smallest imperfection, makes this place a shithole. E.g. When you work extra for the company, no thank you or appreciation but get called out for small shit that add absolutely ZERO value to the company. It's like they have nothing to do with your time, just finding shit to fill in their time by look like they are working by nit-picking shit they can get their hands on.

Quite a bit of turnover the past couple months (not directly related to Covid), but people just want out or found better opportunities. I'm already casually looking for new work again, this type of shitty environment takes a toll in your body over the long run.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:53 PM   #23
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Thought I report back since been awhile. Things have not changed a single bit since my last post. In order to survive here, your skin literally needs to be thicker than a telephone book, these people throw out so much fucking attitude, you eventually get so sick and tired of it. You work extra on weekends to push out your work to fulfil deadlines, and they are so quick to judge and call you out on the smallest imperfection, makes this place a shithole. E.g. When you work extra for the company, no thank you or appreciation but get called out for small shit that add absolutely ZERO value to the company. It's like they have nothing to do with your time, just finding shit to fill in their time by look like they are working by nit-picking shit they can get their hands on.

Quite a bit of turnover the past couple months (not directly related to Covid), but people just want out or found better opportunities. I'm already casually looking for new work again, this type of shitty environment takes a toll in your body over the long run.
Sounds like a bad time brah. I can relate to this when I used to work at the hospital. There was just an overall lack of respect and I remember my 'supervisor' just cussing out at anyone and everyone - including me.

I think it's good if you are giving criticism for the sake of being constructive, but when it gets personal, that's when you need to address it.

I eventually got out of that environment, and I will say, I still get that negativity alot in my current work environment. HOWEVER, going through that experience working at the hospital made me more skilled at knowing how to recognise and address disrespectful behaviour. I now feel a better sense of control as a result. Better control = better job satisfaction.

You can't control how others act and behave, but you can control how you react. My 0.02

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Sounds like a bad time brah. I can relate to this when I used to work at the hospital. There was just an overall lack of respect and I remember my 'supervisor' just cussing out at anyone and everyone - including me.

I think it's good if you are giving criticism for the sake of being constructive, but when it gets personal, that's when you need to address it.

I eventually got out of that environment, and I will say, I still get that negativity alot in my current work environment. HOWEVER, going through that experience working at the hospital made me more skilled at knowing how to recognise and address disrespectful behaviour. I now feel a better sense of control as a result. Better control = better job satisfaction.

You can't control how others act and behave, but you can control how you react. My 0.02
It's got to the point, I don't even give a fuck as I get emails every week about my work (nit-picked over the most stupid shit that no one overall gives a fuck about as it's not even worth their time). Although over a long stretch it would affect your mentality because who the heck enjoys being nit-picked over their work every week. In Finance, there's always going to be adjustments and shit that isn't clear (Covid doesn't help as people leave and hard to follow up with what exactly happened). It's like as though I need to be 100% perfect operating on a patient being a doctor...
Old 10-27-2020, 01:30 PM   #25
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
It's got to the point, I don't even give a fuck as I get emails every week about my work (nit-picked over the most stupid shit that no one overall gives a fuck about as it's not even worth their time). Although over a long stretch it would affect your mentality because who the heck enjoys being nit-picked over their work every week. In Finance, there's always going to be adjustments and shit that isn't clear (Covid doesn't help as people leave and hard to follow up with what exactly happened). It's like as though I need to be 100% perfect operating on a patient being a doctor...
The irony is that I've seen doctor's totally get away with stuff and noone calling them out on it.