REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:25 PM   #226
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Great story for a movie........

China is secretly working on a viralogical weapon. Incompetent Chinese scientists inadvertently create a virus that mutates at an alarming rate. The virus escapes via a bat that happens to find its way into the labs. The biologists were going to work on a antidote, but nobody knew how to go about creating one. Meanwhile, the bat goes back to the Bat Cave and spreads the disease to the rest of the bat population. Townspeople love their bat soup. The Chinese get their wish. World dominance. But, the world is now void of all life. The virus mutated to the point all biological life on the planet is wiped out, except cockroaches.

BTW, isn't there some government biological weapons facility near ground zero? Government hiding it from everybody and spreading news stories about bats and cobras and who knows what else.......... good coverup.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 01-28-2020 at 07:35 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-28-2020, 07:30 PM   #227
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
I thought about wearing a mask and going into work just as a joke, since I am the only Chinese guy in the office. Now Imma up the game and put a bottle on as well.
I guess if I put on SCBA gear and walk into T&T to buy groceries, I would blend in with ppl with basic mask, to respirator mask, to bottle heads. Lol
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2020, 08:28 PM   #228
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
For the life of me I don't understand why people eat snakes, bats and other animals that carry disease. What is the obsession with eating every type of meat in China? This won't be last outbreak if they don't regulate what meat is OK for consumption.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:56 PM   #229
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-...90?pfmredir=sm

"The Doherty Institute is the second lab in the world to copy the disease. A lab in China was the first, but did not share its discovery with the WHO."

Now with all this chaos going on, why would one keep that discovery away from the world?... Kinda makes you wonder.
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2020, 10:23 PM   #230
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
For the life of me I don't understand why people eat snakes, bats and other animals that carry disease. What is the obsession with eating every type of meat in China? This won't be last outbreak if they don't regulate what meat is OK for consumption.
Bushmeat is common in every 3rd world country (yes I still classify parts of China as 3rd world)
Old 01-28-2020, 10:48 PM   #231
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Talk about paranoia.

Pics of a few mainlanders wearing plastic bottle cut outs to protect themselves at YVR.

That girl standing behind one of those bottle heads is literally laughing hystericallly.

Pics were taken at YVR today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't see shabusen's pic on Tapatalk so I'll assume it hasn't been posted.

This bottle head (same family)'s picture was taken in HK (I think)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2020, 11:51 PM   #232
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Because of that, I dislike mainlanders... and I'm Chinese...
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2020, 11:56 PM   #233
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Part of it is poverty, and the other part is pure novelty. I'm sympathetic to the former, and with law changes moving forward, we'll see a lot less of the latter.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:22 AM   #234
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Part of it is poverty, and the other part is pure novelty. I'm sympathetic to the former, and with law changes moving forward, we'll see a lot less of the latter.
All the foods not commonly eaten, wasn't it always poverty? But then you got rich people eating it now, I guess for novelty now?

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:30 AM   #235
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
If you listen to CBC lately, roadkill and bugs will soon on the menu for the plebs.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:51 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
All the foods not commonly eaten, wasn't it always poverty? But then you got rich people eating it now, I guess for novelty now?

Not necessarily rich people, but middle class (which as we all know is a huge segment of the population). You can tell by the way it's promoted, that it's not really a thing done out of necessity, but out of novelty. Maybe not in the heart of a wet market, but restaurants will have signs with lists of all these whacky creatures you can eat, with pictures and everything.

Some place was seen serving Koala Bear meat... So obviously it's pure novelty in that case (and absolutely despicable considering the species is functionally extinct... Fucking disgusting)
Old 01-29-2020, 12:51 AM   #237
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
China is secretly working on a viralogical weapon. Incompetent Chinese scientists inadvertently create a virus that mutates at an alarming rate. The virus escapes via a bat that happens to find its way into the labs. The biologists were going to work on a antidote, but nobody knew how to go about creating one. Meanwhile, the bat goes back to the Bat Cave and spreads the disease to the rest of the bat population. Townspeople love their bat soup. The Chinese get their wish. World dominance. But, the world is now void of all life. The virus mutated to the point all biological life on the planet is wiped out, except cockroaches.

BTW, isn't there some government biological weapons facility near ground zero? Government hiding it from everybody and spreading news stories about bats and cobras and who knows what else.......... good coverup.
There's so much assumptions here i can't even comprehend.

China is secretly working on a viralogical weapon. This I call BS.
Incompetent Chinese scientists? I don't know how you can tell one is incompetent versus competent. sureeee... I can give you this.
Virus being tested with bats I can see (no need to say virus escapes to a bat), heck, cause they can need to test it on something; rats, rabbits, snakes... sure...
How the F does a bat happen to FLY back into the bat cave to me is like WHATTTTT hahahahah. I can't even see how a bird can even escape multiple lab doors and esp when you need quarantine doors on viralogical experiments.
The bat shit roomers is so so so not true. Mainland china does NOT see bats as a delicacy (despite the pics of it being in a soup).

Again, not shitting on you but just dangggg that's some great story telling.

As to the arguments on poor people eating bats is beyond me. First of all, I know FIRST hand cause I've had dogs, cats, 果子狸 (it's actually really really good, due to their diet, their meat has a really fruity flavoretc. The ONLY one which I have NOT are the 穿山甲 chinese pangolin. Bats are NOT priority for food. Is it available, sure. Do people treat it like specialty, hell no.
Poor people can eat dogs, cats, and various animals, saying poor people readily eats bats are so so not true.

Last edited by 6793026; 01-29-2020 at 12:58 AM.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-29-2020, 01:01 AM   #238

Just for the fuck of it, I searched for info on the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory, a virology research centre opened in Wuhan 2017. One of the first things that came up with the nutjobs was that they were testing biological weapons, accidentally released it on their own population...

It's hilarious going through all the sites that write about this. All these shitty fake news sites, with names like CCN to look like CNN, or Washington Times, to confuse people with New York Times and Washington Post... My browser history now looks like CiC's

HOWEVER, consider that China recently declined help from the US CDC... There's no legitimate reason for them to do so if the goal is to prevent a global pandemic, especially since people are losing trust in the WHO, who have yet to declare it an emergency (and also doesn't allow Taiwan to have any say, despite them having several cases)

Oh and by the way, there's a job listing on that site to study coronavirus in bats

Old 01-29-2020, 01:14 AM   #239

British Airways suspends all flights to and from China

HK medical workers union, which formed LAST MONTH has 15,000 members, and are ready to strike if the border isn't closed properly. The partial closing only prevents about 8% incoming traffic apparently. Only the most low traffic ports were closed.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:43 AM   #240

Australia and NZ are evacuating their nationals from Wuhan, and will quarantine them in a detention centre on a tiny island in the middle of nowhere for 2 weeks
Old 01-29-2020, 03:06 AM   #241

This is pretty much what it's like at supermarkets throughout the city. The timing is fucked, because imports have been halted during CNY, and now people are trying to make sure they have enough food in case they need to stay home for a long time

Old 01-29-2020, 04:33 AM   #242
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
I was in a Yata today, full of food as always :P

The pharmacies are getting overridden with ppl buying masks n antiseptic though, place I got my masks the other day is sold out, and this one pharmacy with stock had a horde of ppl
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:34 AM   #243
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
No food available, better eat more bats
Old 01-29-2020, 05:48 AM   #244
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
There's so much assumptions here i can't even comprehend.

China is secretly working on a viralogical weapon. This I call BS.
Incompetent Chinese scientists? I don't know how you can tell one is incompetent versus competent. sureeee... I can give you this.
Virus being tested with bats I can see (no need to say virus escapes to a bat), heck, cause they can need to test it on something; rats, rabbits, snakes... sure...
How the F does a bat happen to FLY back into the bat cave to me is like WHATTTTT hahahahah. I can't even see how a bird can even escape multiple lab doors and esp when you need quarantine doors on viralogical experiments.
The bat shit roomers is so so so not true. Mainland china does NOT see bats as a delicacy (despite the pics of it being in a soup).

Again, not shitting on you but just dangggg that's some great story telling.

As to the arguments on poor people eating bats is beyond me. First of all, I know FIRST hand cause I've had dogs, cats, 果子狸 (it's actually really really good, due to their diet, their meat has a really fruity flavoretc. The ONLY one which I have NOT are the 穿山甲 chinese pangolin. Bats are NOT priority for food. Is it available, sure. Do people treat it like specialty, hell no.
Poor people can eat dogs, cats, and various animals, saying poor people readily eats bats are so so not true.
Buddy, I started off by saying it would be a good story for a movie. I don't do social media and had no idea about a biological lab. Afterwards, I heard someone mention about a lab actually being in the area. I added that to my post, so..............

god bless.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2020, 06:45 AM   #245
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
50+ years ago it was poverty
Now it is 100% novelty, those weird ass meat cost a lot more than chicken and pork
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:56 AM   #246
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

WTF?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84592795_2527267857503432_8182112066966913024_n.jpg (48.6 KB, 0 views)
shabusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:15 AM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabusen View Post
WTF?
someone photoshopped the original

ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #248

Any idea why the guy in Vancouver/Richmond gets to stay home, instead of hospital?
Is he handcuffed to his bed? Does he get to go out freely?
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:06 AM   #249
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
No food available, better eat more bats
https://www.facebook.com/alexchua.al...zOTM2NDYzMzY1/

dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:29 AM   #250
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
Any idea why the guy in Vancouver/Richmond gets to stay home, instead of hospital?
Is he handcuffed to his bed? Does he get to go out freely?
Informed refusal of hospitalization is a possibility as mentioned in this document from WHO https://www.who.int/publications-det...ncov)-outbreak
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote