REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:43 PM   #3126
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,335 Times in 5,646 Posts
#FilmYourHospital is trending on twitter and the results are fairly interesting..

People going to “hot beds” in California And New York and the hospitals are completely deserted, no one in ER no one in waiting rooms etc.

Many replies to these threads are people saying they have had surgery in the last week as hospitals around the country and they’ve never seen them so quiet etc.

So much shit out there..really hard to know what to take in. Even people locally who say they “have the virus” are people you would 100% assume if anyone was going to have it it would be them. Ie. that Lawyer Kyla whatever who went up against the cops with the roadside weed testing, it’s like yea, of course you’ve got it..
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2020, 01:49 PM   #3127
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
-latest announcement from Trudeau:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/03...ive-equipment/
Old 03-31-2020, 01:58 PM   #3128
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
This, 100%.

I have no doubt SNSC triggered the bankruptcy clause to abrogate any financial responsibility in terms of severance, and obligations.

There is no doubt at all their same locations will be "re-branded" and picked up by a new gym outfit (even by same investors and ownership).

This is capitalism for you.

Good luck trying to do that yourself though, huh?
We had a family-owned chain on the Island called VI fitness. I was working out one night and they told everyone to leave. That was the last day they where open. People thought they would re brand and open but they never did.

https://www.timescolonist.com/news/l...tcy-1.23289472
Old 03-31-2020, 02:09 PM   #3129
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,335 Times in 5,646 Posts
Dr.Bonnie: people come and go from ICU, the same people who were in ICU yesterday aren’t the same as today and we are ventilating people before they need it to help them recover

Lol fuck the amount of ambiguity in all of this is insane. If you thought 9/11 had conspiracy theories wait till this shit is over
Old 03-31-2020, 02:12 PM   #3130
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Whats the ambiguity in that?
Bonnie Henry has been very direct in her statements about early access to ventilators for critically ill patients is the strongest defence they have found, which is resulting in lower than average death rates for the illness here in Canada.
I agree with you about the tinfoil hats coming out a million fold though.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #3131
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
This, 100%.

I have no doubt SNSC triggered the bankruptcy clause to abrogate any financial responsibility in terms of severance, and obligations.

There is no doubt at all their same locations will be "re-branded" and picked up by a new gym outfit (even by same investors and ownership).

This is capitalism for you.

Good luck trying to do that yourself though, huh?
It's a tough choice... Do you file bankruptcy, preserve capital so that you can reopen later on and bring those jobs back eventually? Or do you pay out severance to everyone and have nothing left to open up again. Those jobs will be gone forever.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:38 PM   #3132

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
People going to “hot beds” in California And New York and the hospitals are completely deserted, no one in ER no one in waiting rooms etc.

Many replies to these threads are people saying they have had surgery in the last week as hospitals around the country and they’ve never seen them so quiet etc.
Maybe if we think really hard, we can figure out why the publicly accessible parts of the hospitals don't have a bunch of people sitting around.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2020, 02:46 PM   #3133
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:

So much shit out there..really hard to know what to take in. Even people locally who say they “have the virus” are people you would 100% assume if anyone was going to have it it would be them. Ie. that Lawyer Kyla whatever who went up against the cops with the roadside weed testing, it’s like yea, of course you’ve got it..
What in blazes are you talking about?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:53 PM   #3134
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Whats the ambiguity in that?
Bonnie Henry has been very direct in her statements about early access to ventilators for critically ill patients is the strongest defence they have found, which is resulting in lower than average death rates for the illness here in Canada.
I agree with you about the tinfoil hats coming out a million fold though.
Atleast they are able to move out of the ICU. My dad couldn't leave the ICU because there was not enough regular ward beds, he was the only patient walking in the ICU.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:00 PM   #3135

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I wonder if Fraser Health will delay turning the new ward at RCH into a mental health Unit?

You have a brand new 4 Floor Hospital with nobody in it set to be turned over in the next 30 days, it would make a good spot for turning into a medical wing to treat virus patients and you could keep them separated from the general Hospital.
Looks like this is happening;

https://www.straight.com/covid-19-pa...ffsite-centres

In addition, Dix said that health authorities are also preparing off-site treatment centres where extra beds will be available for less ill patients. This extra capacity will provide more space for patients in acute care hospitals.

Among the sites, Dix said there will be 271 beds set up at the Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre and 80 beds at the new tower at Royal Columbian Hospital.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:11 PM   #3136
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Where's that heavy-handed authoritarian justice system when you need it!?
If those were pictures of Xi instead of masks, that guy would have disappeared before he left the factory.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:21 PM   #3137
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
Okay, maybe I can address some of the concerns on this page. The name of the game is staying ahead of things here. The whole goal of treatment is to get people home ASAP and only have people stay who actually need to stay. This is true of any time but especially true during a pandemic. Keep in mind, the number of isolation rooms, ventilators, etc is very small. Also, try not to misinterpret my words to say that we are sending people home left and right. The circumstances are not the same for everyone.

I can't speak to what's going on in US hospitals but if you need reasons as to why it looks less busy than usual:

1. Visitor access is restricted now. Patients only unless you're a child.
2. All elective surgeries cancelled
3. Access points to the hospitals have been reduced, signs put up, and at times there will be security plus a nurse to assess patients before coming into the hospital
4. A lot of the riff-raff types are no longer clogging up our emergency departments. This means the hypochondriacs, people looking for attention, less important things, etc. I've literally seen a chief complaint of PAPER CUT in emerg. That's ridiculous.
5. A lot of processes/interactions have been changed so that they are either achieved by online (physical rehab for example) or by delivery services.
6. Let's not forget that people are scared to even go to the hospital at all right now unless they absolutely need to.

We are actively looking for ways to reduce foot traffic in the hospitals. This is by design. This is how we stay ahead. There's a ton of things that happen at the hospitals that they don't tell you about. Main reason right now is that there's way more valid things to worry about than conspiracy theories. If anything, people should be friggin' thankful that their hospitals (no matter where that might be) aren't swamped. Logical, right?
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:56 PM   #3138
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If those were pictures of Xi instead of masks, that guy would have disappeared before he left the factory.
Disappeared before the video even ends. Actually, video would never exist.

Thanks spoon.ek9 for clarifying. Similar to some things I've heard from nursing friends as well. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:47 PM   #3139

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
I took the knowledge from a fellow RS member of how he wore an N95 and then another mask on top. I did that hoping to prolong the usage of the N95 mask by a day or two.

It's really hard to breathe with this on...
Can't imagine myself going for a jog with it on.

Just bought these and found out about the bad reviews..... hope it isn't as bad as it is.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'll try to say this without getting mad or being mean, but I fucking hope that guy was joking, or he stops doing that. There's a huge shortage of N95, and this joker is wasting them by using two at a time?

He should at the VERY least donate half his N95s if he's going to do that, or donate them all and switch to surgical masks, since there's obviously an abundance for this person.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:48 PM   #3140
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
I had an idea of having an N95 under the blue surgical mask.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:01 PM   #3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
I had an idea of having an N95 under the blue surgical mask.
Maybe you'd consider just wearing the surgical masks, and giving the N95 to a hospital? Or even give them to spoon.ek9 as a personal donation, I bet he could make good use of them
Old 03-31-2020, 05:27 PM   #3142

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
#FilmYourHospital is trending on twitter and the results are fairly interesting..

And?

If it’s anything like my hospital, it’s a ghost town because most of the foot traffic is from visitors, elective procedures, non-essential procedures, outpatient services/procedures, etc. most of which have been postponed/cancelled. All non-essential staff has been sent home. People are being encouraged not to come to the hospital unless absolutely necessary. Staff are encouraged to minimize inter-departmental travel.

It’s serious business, not a conspiracy.

I, and many others, have been working ridiculously long hours trying to get ahead of this thing.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:34 PM   #3143
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
4. A lot of the riff-raff types are no longer clogging up our emergency departments. This means the hypochondriacs, people looking for attention, less important things, etc. I've literally seen a chief complaint of PAPER CUT in emerg. That's ridiculous.
But was it card stock?? it's THICK!
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2020, 05:38 PM   #3144
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
lunchtime jog, saw residential construction workers on their break sitting few ft from each other

heater down so went to grab parts at 4:30p...honestly the roads in vancouver were pretty busy

when probably 75% of the work force is deemed essential
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:52 PM   #3145
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
lunchtime jog, saw residential construction workers on their break sitting few ft from each other

heater down so went to grab parts at 4:30p...honestly the roads in vancouver were pretty busy

when probably 75% of the work force is deemed essential
i went into the office in downtown today around 9am, streets were relatively quiet, no traffic.

left office around 1:40pm still relatively quiet heading back to south vancouver.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:08 PM   #3146
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Dr.Bonnie: people come and go from ICU, the same people who were in ICU yesterday aren’t the same as today and we are ventilating people before they need it to help them recover

Lol fuck the amount of ambiguity in all of this is insane. If you thought 9/11 had conspiracy theories wait till this shit is over
By all accounts Dr. Bonnie has been doing a great job. The numbers prove we can be optimistic.

Save your empty hospital conspiracy theories for after the pandemic.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2020, 06:17 PM   #3147
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
What in blazes are you talking about?
I think it's the fox news syndrome

Theyre reporting that cbs etc are showing scenes from Italian hospitals and passing them off as new York (which cbs did) but they're trying to say, in a roundabout? Way, that the situation is fine, and the media is blowing it out of proportion for various reasons (anti trump in the usa etc)
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:27 PM   #3148

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
I just cooked my first N95 in an oven lowest it would go to is 170F. Used a big paper clip to hang it from a rack. I just found out we have one fitness gym in Nanaimo open. crazy.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:33 PM   #3149
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
So much for seniors early hour at Costco. Line ups were longer than normal times, lol. By 8:45 the line up was around two corners of the Willingdon Costco building. Person at front entrance was asked by a customer where they should line up. Answer was, "Go the other way, it'll be quicker." Like WTF? Line up was approaching the third corner. I left as soon as I heard that. I went there for meds. Apparently, even though the pharmacy was supposed to be open at that time, something about getting supplies from the Richmond location delayed the pharmacy opening to after 9:00 am. I went back at 10:00 am. I got in right away, because I had the script from the doctor in hand.

Oh, for you big shitters who have to have ten pallets of toilet paper to get through this pandemic, Costco has really nice toilet paper. Kirkland brand. I believe limits are in effect. I saw maybe ten pallets on the floor. It was reported weeks ago that toilet paper will not be sold out. That there would be plenty to go around. They were right. The manufacturers stepped up production and distribution.

Also, hand sanitizers are making their way. Some dollar stores have them already.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 03-31-2020 at 06:39 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2020, 06:50 PM   #3150
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
My fav brand is Kirkland even tho ppl shit on em (pun intended) but I bought a pack a few months ago, and I'm not even half way thru yet, that's with 3 ppl sharing

Nice about hand sanitizer, guess I didn't need to make my own
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote