REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:51 AM   #26
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
shits gonna skyrocket this weekend when lunar new year hits
Depending on the source of reference you look at, the claim is the incubation period ranges from 5 - 14 days.

The CNY mass migration in China involves some 3 billion+ trips. Locally for us here in Vancouver / Canada, I think shxt is gonna hit the fan when people start returning to Vancouver / Canada from China after their CNY trips.

IMO, the virus is already spread thoroughout most of China by now. The CNY travels will make it infinitely worse, so IMO, basically anyone and everyone returning from China has the potential to be a carrier. But if you start indiscriminately quarantining travellers from China -- which would have been the safest thing to do -- tons of people are gonna bxtch this way and that.
Advertisement
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:01 AM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
17 deaths world wide = panic panic panic!!

How many people in the same time frame died from regular flu? hundreds? Thousands?

:/
This. People need to chill.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #28
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:

How many people in the same time frame died from regular flu? hundreds? Thousands?

Please don't say that. While it is true that tens of thousands die from the regular flu every year, the mortality rate from flu is still estimated to only range from 0.1% to 2.5%. By contrast, SARS, a relative of the current Wuhan coronavirus, has a mortality rate of 14 - 15%, with the percentage being much higher for the elderly or immunocompromised people.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 11:12 AM   #29
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
WuHan actually have suspend their subway and bus just now.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:21 AM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
WuHan actually have suspend their subway and bus just now.
Airport and train service shutting down too.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:39 AM   #31
My name is ANDREW

debunked. disregard
RIP

Last edited by 1mcoupe; 01-22-2020 at 02:51 PM.
1mcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:48 AM   #32
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,314 Times in 5,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Please don't say that. While it is true that tens of thousands die from the regular flu every year, the mortality rate from flu is still estimated to only range from 0.1% to 2.5%. By contrast, SARS, a relative of the current Wuhan coronavirus, has a mortality rate of 14 - 15%, with the percentage being much higher for the elderly or immunocompromised people.
In the total SARS “scare” 774 people globally died.

In 2018 simple influenza caused 61,000 deaths.

By a simple numbers game, you’re probably gonna be aight.

People with compromised immune systems can die much easier from literally anything, a new virus your system isn’t used to? Yea probably not going to fair well.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:13 PM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
well the "17" number is verified cases... pneumonia can cause heart failure, kidney failure and various other things that may have not been attributed to the new virus in the earlier days.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #34
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mcoupe View Post
Rumour has it that a Sales person from BJBMW contracted coronavirus and has passed. There is a string being forwarded around WhatsApp. Can anybody here confirm ?
If this is indeed true, it's time to stay away from BJBMW. Buy your Beemers at another dealership.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #35
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

People with compromised immune systems can die much easier from literally anything, a new virus your system isn’t used to? Yea probably not going to fair well.
The way we treated SARS was completely different than normal flu.
people who have contracted or show symptoms were quarrantined.
also it's the fatality percentage matters, but not the overall amount

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #36

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Originally Posted by 1mcoupe
Rumour has it that a Sales person from BJBMW contracted coronavirus and has passed. There is a string being forwarded around WhatsApp. Can anybody here confirm ?

Coughing and sick Beemer sales reps?
Old 01-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #37
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Attached Images
File Type: png 4bytv0hbdec41.png (242.9 KB, 0 views)
shabusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #38
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:

You just can't compare it like that.

Every year, tens of millions are affected by seasonal flu and yes, the absolute number of death is much greater. However, the difference is that Wuhan coronavirus has a much higher mortality rate AND there is no viable treatment options without life-long side effects. The only treatment option now, similar to how SARS was treated is basically bomb your body all sort of powerful agents to combat peumonia. And if you look it up, many who had SARS and were treated that way, had life long effects on their body that will never be able to recover from. Think how cancer patients are treated with nasty chemos... well, this is perhaps worse as it affects your bone, respiratory system... so on and once the damage is done, it's PERMANENT.

Seasonal flu... otoh, once treated, one would go back to their daily life without much difference from before.

If you had close family who had suffered through SARS (I did), you would NOT say that we shouldn't freak out about this. This virus is SO MUCH WORSE than even the strongest flu one'd ever encounter in their life.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-22-2020, 03:17 PM   #39
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,314 Times in 5,635 Posts
You know what I’m afraid of? Winning the lotto max.

Because there’s a hell of a better chance of winning that then catching these “outbreaks”

Stocking up on N95 masks is pure ignorance.

Also your comparison to the treatment of sars VS chemo or rediation therapy is asinine. How many people suffered those long term effects? How many people were ever even treated that way? A thousand? A hundred thousand? A million?

You know how many people a year globally get treated via chemo? Lol..

The type of people who buy into the fear of these outbreaks are the same who think the stock market is mumbo jumbo, etc. Ignorant people.

It’s a numbers game period. But yea be scared, stock up on masks, and stay inside bro’s

Last edited by Hondaracer; 01-22-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-22-2020, 03:26 PM   #40
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
You know what I’m afraid of? Winning the lotto max.

Because there’s a hell of a better chance of winning that then catching these “outbreaks”

Stocking up on N95 masks is pure ignorance.

Also your comparison to the treatment of sars VS chemo or rediation therapy is asinine. How many people suffered those long term effects? How many people were ever even treated that way? A thousand? A hundred thousand? A million?

You know how many people a year globally get treated via chemo? Lol..

The type of people who buy into the fear of these outbreaks are the same who think the stock market is mumbo jumbo, etc. Ignorant people.

It’s a numbers game period. But yea be scared, stock up on masks, and stay inside bro’s
Stocking up and selling it in China for 5 to 7x the profit isn't ignorant is smart.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #41
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^Maybe it's just me, but making a few extra bucks off someone that actually needs the mask, just doesn't make me feel good or extra happier. To me if it concerns the well-being physically health of an individual, just doesn't feel good to take advantage. It's like, is your life going to change with a few extra bucks...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 03:55 PM   #42
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Stocking up and selling it in China for 5 to 7x the profit isn't ignorant is smart.
No, it’s greed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 04:39 PM   #43
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:

The difference being that the flu statistics are the same as always, while we have a new deadly virus to deal with that China once again tried to cover up causing even more deaths.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:46 PM   #44

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
The difference is this is an aggressive virus. Your everyday joe contracting it is going to get sick. It’s going to suck. If Your immunity is compromised then it is worrisome. You have an unborn baby? Be careful. The chance of getting it is pretty slim. But this isn’t even worth talking about until it spreads wildly here.

Lol at MrHappy. That comment doesn’t surprise me at all from you.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 04:51 PM   #45
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
n95 mask?oh bitch please

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 05:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
No, it’s greed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
The difference is this is an aggressive virus. Your everyday joe contracting it is going to get sick. It’s going to suck. If Your immunity is compromised then it is worrisome. You have an unborn baby? Be careful. The chance of getting it is pretty slim. But this isn’t even worth talking about until it spreads wildly here.

Lol at MrHappy. That comment doesn’t surprise me at all from you.
In case people haven't noticed a lot of places are currently sold out of n95 mask in Vancouver, superstore, London drugs, shoppers, T and T and some pharmacy are all out. That's the sad truth of there is money to be made these so called Daigou will buy all the stock and ship to China for profit. Happens to HK a lot to the point that hongers can't even find milk powder for their newborn coz is all bought up. Is it wrong? Maybe but as long as the store makes money government doesn't do anything it will continue.

We might have our first case here. 6 tourist have the same symptoms from China arrived in Quebec and is in hospital.currently. One of them is currently released as the test shows he is not a virus carrier. The rest of them are still in hospital.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:12 PM   #47
Waxin’ Punks

^ that’s not an excuse to do it as well. Shit like that is not the Canadian way.

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 05:19 PM   #48
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
I took this picture at the hospital, where I went twice over the last week. They doubled the price over that week, from $2 to $4 (you can see that the $4 price has been added to the sign)

Thankfully they were still giving them out to everyone who walked into the emergency area, free of charge. I just thought it was weird that a public hospital of all places is starting to gouge prices
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:22 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
^ that’s not an excuse to do it as well. Shit like that is not the Canadian way.

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.
Then a lot of us are also the problem. What are you going to do? Tell them stop buying up all the supply and if they don't listen fight them? What's the solution when stores turn an blind eye. People on HK try to stop this behavior and it didn't do much. We all turn a blind eye when we saw this and did nothing. Don't even have to look far. Just look at Costco, certain items are always out stock even a new shipment is in. I think it was on the news a years ago when these Daigou would buy up all specific brand of this make up right before the store opens and some of them even fight each other for it. The store wasn't even open yet but they got in somehow. One even posted online he knows exactly when the shipment comes.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2016/04/20/C...obal-Shoppers/

Here is a good read about it. Me personally every time o travel back I don't buy stuff or bring stuff back for friends and relatives. Of they want some they can buy it on their own.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 01-22-2020 at 05:30 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #50
Waxin’ Punks

I’m not going to contribute to the problem. That is all.

Quote:
Quote: