REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   New Posts search only going back 2 days (https://www.revscene.net/forums/717186-new-posts-search-only-going-back-2-days.html)

CivicBlues 01-11-2021 06:29 AM

Anyone else seeing that when they click on the New Posts link they're only getting posts from the last 48 hours? I don't go on RS on the weekends, so on Monday morning, I expect to see posts from about 5pm Friday to now. I only seem to be getting stuff from Saturday onwards. I first noticed this when I took a long break over the holidays, I was only getting 2 days worth of missed posts. But now it's obvious there's a 2 day limit in place.

SumAznGuy 01-11-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicBlues (Post 9013416)
Anyone else seeing that when they click on the New Posts link they're only getting posts from the last 48 hours? I don't go on RS on the weekends, so on Monday morning, I expect to see posts from about 5pm Friday to now. I only seem to be getting stuff from Saturday onwards. I first noticed this when I took a long break over the holidays, I was only getting 2 days worth of missed posts. But now it's obvious there's a 2 day limit in place.

Nah, RS is just that dead now.

CivicBlues 01-11-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 9013451)
Nah, RS is just that dead now.

Nope definitely missing posts. Give it a try. Log off on Friday evening and come back on Monday. Only stuff from Saturday onwards shows up.

GIZZ 01-11-2021 12:17 PM

I see what you mean. It looks like "new posts" is just the most recent, mine shows just 20 posts going back to yesterday. If you look at each individual forum it's all there. I typically click on the "new posts" as well.

CivicBlues 01-11-2021 12:20 PM

Yeah, before the new year (?) I would click on "New Posts" after being away for 2 weeks and I'd get all unread posts from when I last logged out.

SkinnyPupp 01-11-2021 04:06 PM

Vbulletin changed the way new posts are displayed, so when we updated with the server move, it uses that new method. "New Posts" now displays everything that you haven't clicked on, and removes the posts you have clicked on. It was replaced by "Get Daily" which shows 2 days latest posts, and moves the ones you've seen to the bottom. So it's more like the old "New Posts" but only shows 2 days. I can change it to show more days though if you want

CivicBlues 01-12-2021 07:04 AM

Sure, I preferred the old way whatever the setting was. But wouldn't mind if it was bumped to 3-4 days.

Thank you!

SkinnyPupp 01-12-2021 02:02 PM

OK it's 4 days now. I liked the old way too

CivicBlues 01-12-2021 02:11 PM

Thank you!