REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 10-22-2021, 09:19 PM   #276
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Just talk to other parents too. Lots of the times we got stuff free or dirt cheap, and the baby doesn’t use it anymore and we are MORE THAN HAPPY to get rid of it for dirt cheap or free.

Also don’t forget white trash Christmas (spring cleaning) which should be convenient timing for you. Should be lots of great stuff being gotten rid of
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2021, 10:26 PM   #277
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
We got a Graco click-connect car seat/stroller combo thing when Sears was going under and it was super handy being able to just pop them out of the car and onto the stroller without actually unbuckling them. Kid #2 hates being in the stroller though, she wants to see what's going on, so we used the stroller part like 3 times and then just gave up and switched to strapping her on my chest with the Snugli-type thing every time lol.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:45 PM   #278
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
It's a bit more expensive than the Uppababy but we do like walking on trails and in the snow and the suspension is super nice. The Uppababy was nice too but a much stiffer ride.

I agree, once you throw one of these strollers in the car, there's not much room left. That was my first thought when we first went shopping.
Be careful with this one, let me explain.

You think wow, a stroller with offroad tires and suspension, we can go on trails! But when you actually have the baby...

Most strollers aren't rated for sleep (recline angle), so that gives you like a one hour window when they're infants, and you're both tired AF, you're not going to go out on walks in the snow. A month later you try again and you realize that the bouncing motion of rough terrain isn't good for a baby that can't hold up their own neck yet. Few months later, you're ready to go! Except now they eat more and poo more and will need a LOT more stuff to carry around, and any outside trip is tedious. And on and on.

So after about a year, those "offroad features" will have gotten a few uses, maybe.

Of course this is YMMV, but I strongly suggest you look past any "luxury" features, and look into strollers with good basic features that make your life easier overall.

We bought a Nuna Mixx, because:
1 - the brake pedal is one foot operation, with both positions able to be controlled by "stepping" on the pedal. A lot of strollers you have to push up the bottom of the pedal with the top of your foot, and you can't do that with open toed shoes, and your shoes get dirty.
2 - the steering is smooth AF. I can push the entire thing and maneuver any store one handed
3 - The seat is rated for sleeping because it fully reclines, and there's an insert that comes out so it's only mesh for summer time. This is a good example. Do you want a stroller with offroad suspension that your kid hates because he's sweaty everytime in the summer, or one that you can use year round and maybe just stick to local parks?
4 - It fit the infant seat we bought.

The only gripe with the Mixx is that it doesn't have a cup holder, which is more annoying then you'd think. Also it's heavy, but not heavier than any other standard stroller of that class/size.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 04:21 PM   #279
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
^ Completely agree with the above.

We got the Uppababy because it was easy to use/ maneuver. The brakes also work great.
We got a caddy so we had a place to put wipes, cup etc.

I also looked at a Joolz, looks good on paper and tried it out everything was great other than the basket couldn't hold as much as others. We thought this would be a big deal but for our 11 month old, so far it hasn't been a problem.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:56 AM   #280
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

good thread. we have a 18 month old. every week its something new going on. this week he is at least sleeping through the night.

sleep. need sleep.
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:05 AM   #281

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Be careful with this one, let me explain.

You think wow, a stroller with offroad tires and suspension, we can go on trails! But when you actually have the baby...

Most strollers aren't rated for sleep (recline angle), so that gives you like a one hour window when they're infants, and you're both tired AF, you're not going to go out on walks in the snow. A month later you try again and you realize that the bouncing motion of rough terrain isn't good for a baby that can't hold up their own neck yet. Few months later, you're ready to go! Except now they eat more and poo more and will need a LOT more stuff to carry around, and any outside trip is tedious. And on and on.

So after about a year, those "offroad features" will have gotten a few uses, maybe.

Of course this is YMMV, but I strongly suggest you look past any "luxury" features, and look into strollers with good basic features that make your life easier overall.

We bought a Nuna Mixx, because:
1 - the brake pedal is one foot operation, with both positions able to be controlled by "stepping" on the pedal. A lot of strollers you have to push up the bottom of the pedal with the top of your foot, and you can't do that with open toed shoes, and your shoes get dirty.
2 - the steering is smooth AF. I can push the entire thing and maneuver any store one handed
3 - The seat is rated for sleeping because it fully reclines, and there's an insert that comes out so it's only mesh for summer time. This is a good example. Do you want a stroller with offroad suspension that your kid hates because he's sweaty everytime in the summer, or one that you can use year round and maybe just stick to local parks?
4 - It fit the infant seat we bought.

The only gripe with the Mixx is that it doesn't have a cup holder, which is more annoying then you'd think. Also it's heavy, but not heavier than any other standard stroller of that class/size.
Completely agree this with post.

Had a 1st gen Nuna Mixx and hands down one of the best strollers I have owned.

But when my daughter was born, I had to get an additional stroller due to the Nuna Mixx being a single seater.

My 2nd stroller ended up being the 1st Gen Pockit Stroller for my son. Another good buy considering it's size, one hand and one foot operation. Also has a nice party trick where you can fold it and it becomes super compact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:31 PM   #282
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
following.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:13 AM   #283
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
Hospital visit last night as the little one just wasn't recovering from his "cold".

4 hours later a very experienced and nice doctor came in and immediately said it's another case of RSV. They had zero cases last year due to isolation and covid, and 2019 was an anomaly where they have very little cases. The cold weather hit this year and RSV just blew up as there are a bunch of babies with zero immunity to it. She's looked at 20 cases of it just last night.

Fever for 4-7 days at onset, wheezy cough, chest congestion, runny nose, runny eyes. Coughs for 2-4 weeks. FML
She gave us a note so we can send the little one to daycare pending a negative covid test result. But she's 99% sure it's not covid.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2021, 03:06 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Hospital visit last night as the little one just wasn't recovering from his "cold".

4 hours later a very experienced and nice doctor came in and immediately said it's another case of RSV. They had zero cases last year due to isolation and covid, and 2019 was an anomaly where they have very little cases. The cold weather hit this year and RSV just blew up as there are a bunch of babies with zero immunity to it. She's looked at 20 cases of it just last night.

Fever for 4-7 days at onset, wheezy cough, chest congestion, runny nose, runny eyes. Coughs for 2-4 weeks. FML
She gave us a note so we can send the little one to daycare pending a negative covid test result. But she's 99% sure it's not covid.
Yikes, that's rough. It's stressful to the parents in many ways, best of luck.

But also wtf for the note for daycare? It's a virus, and is contagious for weeks in infants. I know this is easier said than done but please don't send him in to daycare until he's symptom free.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #285
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Ugh... sorry to hear about your little person catching RSV.

How old is your little person, and what kind of typical age group are we talking about to be more prone to this?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 10:12 AM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Yikes, that's rough. It's stressful to the parents in many ways, best of luck.

But also wtf for the note for daycare? It's a virus, and is contagious for weeks in infants. I know this is easier said than done but please don't send him in to daycare until he's symptom free.
I think what happens is, the virus has been purged but the symptoms linger even though they are no longer contagious.

We talked to the daycare and they immediately understood what we were talking about and said we can send the little one given a few more days of rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Ugh... sorry to hear about your little person catching RSV.

How old is your little person, and what kind of typical age group are we talking about to be more prone to this?
My son is 2, they said typically they start catching this at 1, and it affects all age groups up to adults. My wife caught it from my son almost immediately and was sick until 2 days ago, but I was mostly immune from it as I had only one or two off days. There are different variants of it but after a few times I guess immunity gets built up and it's not as bad. The doctor said one kid they saw got tested and and they were carrying three variants of the virus.

From what she told me they covid swab all the kids coming in for that and the test also tests for all these other viruses now.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #287
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
guys I'm so happy, my wife finally bought something off FB marketplace and not brand new
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:59 PM   #288
Media Officer / MOD

Amazing, what did you get?
Old 11-10-2021, 12:03 AM   #289
private modder

haha one of those jacket extenders so she doesn't have to buy a new maternity jacket
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2021, 08:20 PM   #290
private modder

Hey guys, tell me about baby monitors. What do you recommend?
Old 11-15-2021, 09:32 PM   #291

Using a Wyze cam. It's great we take it with us when we travel. Right before covid we went to Victoria and stayed in a hotel. We hooked up the cam to the wifi and we went downstairs to the bar and to drink and enjoyed some much needed alone time.

I like that it's small and doesn't take up much space and can easily be repurposed for something else in the future. The movement detection is decent but sound detection is useless if you live in a noisy area. We lived next to the skytrain and it went off every 3 mins lol. We turned off sound detection.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:34 PM   #292
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/v...-0467519p.html

i have the older model to this. Even though it has alot of good reviews, i actually dont like it much. The rechargable battery didnt last long at all so now it has to be plugged in, it only last about 15mins unplugged. The only thing i like about it is that theres 2 cameras. Since its black friday, it would be a good time to buy one.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 10:55 PM   #293

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
I hope your kids like stomping around in the rain. Our 18mo isn’t phased at all, he loves it. We have a muddy-buddy so he stays relatively dry even when running through puddles. Its great to see him so excited for the outdoors (even wet) cuz he better get used to the rain lol

Old 11-15-2021, 11:44 PM   #294
Meow

What are you guys using for a changing table? I am looking to just get an ikea dresser and doing a changing tray and changing pad, but those are upwards of $200. I just wanted something that wont be useless after a couple years.
Old 11-16-2021, 06:54 AM   #295
Media Officer / MOD

I got a used Babyletto off FBmarketplace. Looks good, simple and doesn't feel like it falls apart like typical Ikea furniture.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:05 AM   #296
private modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaadi View Post
What are you guys using for a changing table? I am looking to just get an ikea dresser and doing a changing tray and changing pad, but those are upwards of $200. I just wanted something that wont be useless after a couple years.
We are looking at options too. One thing we have already found is the supply chain issues mean inventory is limited in a lot of places, especially Ikea. If there is something you like, don't bet on it being in stock unfortunately.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:27 AM   #297
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I hope your kids like stomping around in the rain. Our 18mo isn’t phased at all, he loves it. We have a muddy-buddy so he stays relatively dry even when running through puddles. Its great to see him so excited for the outdoors (even wet) cuz he better get used to the rain lol

Is that a cat?? Frist time seeing a cat being walked
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:34 AM   #298
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post

Is that a cat?? Frist time seeing a cat being walked
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaadi View Post
We didn't use one at all - we got a changing pad and a few covers for it and just changed her on our bed when she was small and unable to roll around, and on the floor once she started moving more. It just took up too much room haha
Old 11-16-2021, 10:41 AM   #300
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
We got one of those slightly dished changing pads that attaches to the top of the dresser, it works great.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: