REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 11-24-2021, 07:53 AM   #326
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Just an FYI, if you return formula the store will likely gve you your money back but destroy it for safety. Consider donating it if you're not strapped for cash.
No food products get put back on the shelves after they leave the store. Straight to the garbage
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2021, 09:00 AM   #327
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
No food products get put back on the shelves after they leave the store. Straight to the garbage
Really? Even unopened commercially packaged stuff? Like meat/veggies/dairy, sure, but what if I return an unopened box of cereal?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:56 PM   #328
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Unrelated, to anyone with toddlers in the 1.5 to 2 year range (or even older) who need a gentle hand sleep training or sleeping on their own, this clock is a god-send:
https://www.amazon.ca/LittleHippo-Ch...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Essentially it's just a visual clue for kids who don't know "time" yet, and you can set it to whatever times you want. They do need to be able to understand some things though, like relating the clock face to an actual face, and knowing eyes open/closed, etc.

Our kid took about 2 days to grasp that when the clock closes its eyes it's time for bed, and will also stay quietly in bed until the clock opens its eyes in the morning. We've had it for about a month now and she will shoo us out of the room when the clock closes its eyes, and will go to sleep on her own. The wife hates it because the baby doesn't want to be held anymore before bed lol she just wants to be put down in the crib.

It's expensive, yes, but it's an investment that has massively paid off.
So my wife bought the clock that has the blue star yellow sun called the Gro-Clock and its paid off big time. Bought it for $15 off marketplace and it is probably the best $15 i ever spent. My 2 1/2 year old son was a horrible sleeper, he would get up 1-3 times a night and i would have to cosleep with him. We used this clock and after about 4 days he now sleeps 10-11hrs straight for 2 months now and ocassionally wakes up and gets out of bed maybe once a week, if that. I believe EvoFire? has this too

RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:50 AM   #329
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
So my wife bought the clock that has the blue star yellow sun called the Gro-Clock and its paid off big time. Bought it for $15 off marketplace and it is probably the best $15 i ever spent. My 2 1/2 year old son was a horrible sleeper, he would get up 1-3 times a night and i would have to cosleep with him. We used this clock and after about 4 days he now sleeps 10-11hrs straight for 2 months now and ocassionally wakes up and gets out of bed maybe once a week, if that. I believe EvoFire? has this too

That's a good reminder for me - we have the same clock but I think we got it too early and she never understood what it was for. She's 2.5 now and she's been co-sleeping with us for the past 3 month (technically just with my wife, I've been in the guest room).

We just changed her crib so that she can get in/out herself so probably a good time to start using the clock again.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:38 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
We just passed the first trimester. Still in shock lol.

We're starting the long process of buying all the gear.

I'm sure people here have done endless research. Tell me everything haha.
Late idea here but the Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier Mini was probably the very most favourite baby thing I owned in year one (https://www.babybjorn.ca/baby-carrie...y-carrier-mini). It's really only good for the first year but it's simple, very easy to put on, well made, and good looking. My daughter had no trouble sleeping in it and and it was one of those things I could slip on in seconds one hand at a time - sometimes while I was holding my daughter in one hand.

I tried the wraps and other carriers that are designed to carry larger babies but they were way too difficult to work with.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2021, 08:32 AM   #331

Just an FYI for everyone here, diaper sizes and their weight/age 'ranges' on the box are not absolute.

We noticed about a month ago that she had really bad diaper rash on and off, and I suggested we switch to size 5 (27 lbs+) because she has a bit of a pot belly and sometimes there were marks on her stomach, even though she was only 22 lbs at the time. Wife was all "Nooo but the box says 27" and how poo will come out because it's loose and whatever but I ignored her and switched her anyway. No diaper rash since then, until a few nights ago when grandma accidentally found the size 4 leftovers and put them on her, and bam - diaper rash.

I personally think the age limits on a lot of baby stuff falls under this - like she can't have this toy because she's 5 months and 29 days, but suddenly tomorrow she can? - but of course your comfort levels may vary.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:20 PM   #332
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
was it pampers diapers u put her in? i remember we had a bad batch of pampers diapers which caused my son to have diaper rash and i read online that others have had the same problem.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:55 AM   #333

These were Huggies haha
Old 12-01-2021, 10:57 AM   #334
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Just an FYI for everyone here, diaper sizes and their weight/age 'ranges' on the box are not absolute.

We noticed about a month ago that she had really bad diaper rash on and off, and I suggested we switch to size 5 (27 lbs+) because she has a bit of a pot belly and sometimes there were marks on her stomach, even though she was only 22 lbs at the time. Wife was all "Nooo but the box says 27" and how poo will come out because it's loose and whatever but I ignored her and switched her anyway. No diaper rash since then, until a few nights ago when grandma accidentally found the size 4 leftovers and put them on her, and bam - diaper rash.

I personally think the age limits on a lot of baby stuff falls under this - like she can't have this toy because she's 5 months and 29 days, but suddenly tomorrow she can? - but of course your comfort levels may vary.
The diaper sizes barely even provide you with a general reference to be honest about what size your kid should be in. Weight in itself doesn't have a ton to do with what size they should wear. Are they short and stocky? Tall and lean? Both could be the same weight but damn that botty for sure way off.

Size 3 for example is 16-28lbs and size 4 is 22-37lbs. That's a 6lb crossover in the middle. Generally, it should be pretty obviously when diaper is starting to get big imo.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:19 PM   #335

^I agree, but my point was for my kid she was low on the size 4 range, and way below the size 5 range.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:21 PM   #336
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

my little one is 7 months old and is already in size 4 diapers. Coming from experience with my first one I usually upsize once you notice more frequent accidents through the diaper.

I'd watch out for your typical huggies and pamper diapers if your kid's skin is more sensitive or you notice more rashes because the type of gel the put in to absorb isn't the best or healthiest.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:57 PM   #337

^This is a good point, we never tried the more 'premium' stuff.

But a good segue, any tips on toilet training? Wife wants to tackle this during the holiday break.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:53 PM   #338
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
You guys might know this already, but the cribs/toddler beds that convert to a "full size bed" do not use a twin/single mattress. They're meant for a double bed (slightly smaller than a queen), which is apparently sometimes called a full. I wasn't aware of this and had the crib that was in toddler mode half dissassembled before I realized something was off and got the tape measure. Fortunately the inlaws had a spare twin sized bed frame so we snagged that and my 3 year old is now very happy in her "big girl bed"
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:08 PM   #339

My 2.5y old pooped in her sleep and my wife and I managed to change her without waking her.

Achievement unlocked.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2021, 08:11 AM   #340

Milestone yesterday, 21 month old was being held by mom around bedtime, and she looked at me dead in the eye and said "Daddy, you can leave now".

This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2021, 08:56 AM   #341
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Milestone yesterday, 21 month old was being held by mom around bedtime, and she looked at me dead in the eye and said "Daddy, you can leave now".

Better get used to it. Mine has been saying pretty much that exact same line to me since... I don't even remember. It first started at "No Baba".

And the worst thing is, he is saying it to my face in the most calm, collected, and polite manner as if it is a perfectly normal everyday thing to say. Well... I guess he does say that pretty everyday and in that manner too.

Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2021, 10:30 AM   #342
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,017 Posts
Quote:

My son says "baba leave" when he wants mommy. He wants mommy most of the time.

He sometimes gets mad at my wife and says "mama leave". Breaks my wife's heart, I just laugh.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2021, 11:05 AM   #343

Haha they're funny as hell at this age, I'm learning.

Grandma asked for a hug the other day and the baby sighed and went "oh mannn" hahaha
Old 12-17-2021, 12:09 PM   #344
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,017 Posts
There's more, my son is a shrewd kid.

Grandpa wanted to pick him up and give him a hug.
"yeh yeh(grandpa) po po(pickup and hug)?"
"No"
"fa tong(marshmellow in baby canto) yeh yeh po po?"
*thinks
"Yes"

Fucking twerp.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2021, 08:23 PM   #345
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
LOL
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:10 AM   #346
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Rewatching this movie today. Not pay too much attention but this scene is perfect

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxPWIk4AT...h8ktoi6Sd8WVKc

YouTube doesn’t auto embed anymore?
Old 01-14-2022, 02:13 PM   #347
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
Can you guys give me the lowdown on registries?

We aren't sure who the best to go with is.

West Coast Kids (best selection, hate their website/service though)
Active Baby (less selection than WCK)
Buy Buy Baby (don't know much about it other than Langely is pretty far from us)

Any others. I'll take all the advice!
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:30 PM   #348
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
Sorry another question that just came up. Is Diaper Genie any good? Or are there better options?
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:36 PM   #349
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
I am not at all a fan of West Coast Kids if the item isn't already in stock. Both me and my brother have had the experience of ordering an out-of-stock item from West Coast Kids, only for it to never arrive. It was just one delay after another, and eventually it took so long that we no longer needed it / bought something else. Now, that happened before the pandemic, so things could potentially be different now?

Some of my friends absolutely swore by their Diaper Genie. I was rather indifferent towards it after using it for a while. Ultimately for me, using regular garbage bags was much cheaper and worked just as well as far as I was concerned. But that would be your call / your preference.

If you aren't the first person to have kids among your group of friends, just ask around to see if anyone else has one that they no longer used. I wasn't the first or the last person among my group of friends to have a baby, and I literally had 3 friends offering to give me their old Diaper Genie. (Of course I had to buy my own cartridge.)
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:04 PM   #350
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Try TJ kiddies, they're on Marine Dr. Good selection, good staff.

I've haven't had any issues with WCK myself but have heard some can be hard to deal with.

Diaper Genie, it's good enough refills aren't too expensive and it's a convenient way to get rid of diapers. If you're less lazy and just empty the trash every day, it can work but you're tired and last thing you want to do is empty the trash.

There are alternatives, some trash cans have a decent seal on the top and can work like a diaper genie. Just put a box of baking soda to absorb.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote