REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 04-26-2021, 08:04 PM   #151
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Can’t compare and don’t compare. Social media is good for things to do like playgrounds or crafts with children. But once you go wow that kid is such a good eater. Or omg he talks already at X age and why not mine is going to be a losing battle.

As long as your kid is healthy and happy, that’s all it matters!

Switching topic a bit. What do you make for your kids to eat? We do:

Steamed ground pork with rice (hide veggies in there)
Mac and cheese (also good for hiding veggies)
Udon in soup or any other type of asian noodles
Cold soba with chicken
Grilled cheese sandwich
Pasta with red sauce
Sushi

Share some ideas!
Advertisement
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2021, 09:36 PM   #152
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
We have no problems with veggies. We have a problem with getting him to eat meat and protein. He likes eating plain boil choy sum.............

He also loooooves carbs.

The only reliable way for us to get him to eat meat right now is feed him cha siu bao, grandma's dumplings, or steamed fish.
Other protein we try to sneak in is egg yolk in oatmeal and some eggs in fried rice.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:19 PM   #153

Fried tofu works for us
Old 04-28-2021, 11:26 AM   #154
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
My 2 year old loves carbs especially in the form of noodles, pasta, and potatoes. She however is no fan of vegetables - at least at home. The other night she picked out (or spit out) all the zucchini out of her chicken and rice. I've tried chicken meatballs with spinach mixed in and she doesn't go for it - same with beef meatballs with carrots in it. It's been a real struggle on that front.

OTOH, she generally likes fruit a lot - she will eat almost an entire banana on her own at any time, same with mangos. She's big on most berries too.

Eggs are a big winner particularly in boiled form - she'll wolf a whole egg down seemingly in seconds.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:12 PM   #155
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
okay, rant time.

I hate social media, sure it lets you keep in touch with friends and what not but when you have a bunch of friends kids on your feed all you do is compare. My wife is constantly comparing and it's making her have huge anxiety issues because of it.

I told her to put her phone down but it's so hard. Any tips?
When you guys bang, start comparing her to other girls you've slept with. I'm sure it'll go over real well lol

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2021, 07:21 PM   #156
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
for my youngest ones i would make myself a stuffed mini pita/ sandwich etc. with veggies and meat and cheese and some sauce like ranch. (usually veggies or meat they wouldn't eat). put it in a panini press and then eat it in front of them and give them a bite. then ask them if they want one too.
they always said yes because they felt like they were eating "adult food".
now they're 7 and they tell me what they want in them.

also a good rule of thumb i was taught is to feed them meals that are the size of the fist (because according to the doctor their stomachs are the size of their fists). I never used to believe this until one day i guess they were over stuffed and they puked out like 2 lbs of food. after that i fed them smaller meals and they tended to eat alot more of different veggies and meats. No more issues with throwing up.

Last edited by mk1freak; 04-29-2021 at 07:27 PM.
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2021, 10:45 PM   #157

Their fist size?? That’s tiny... it would be like 4 bites for my 3 year old.

Good idea on the pita. We did tacos this week.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2021, 11:26 PM   #158
Banned By Establishment

another trick I'd do is keep them happy meal boxes and make homemade fries and another healthy dish, put it inside call them to eat tell them I got them a happy meal and watch em go to town!

Just to be clear it's fist sized when empty. It will stretch for more food but the compression of the stretching with cause throwing up.

Last edited by mk1freak; 04-29-2021 at 11:31 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2021, 10:08 PM   #159
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Mine just turned 5 months and looking to start solids. Any recommendations or advice on what to start with?
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:07 PM   #160
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
Mine just turned 5 months and looking to start solids. Any recommendations or advice on what to start with?
We fed ours homemade congee with finely ground chicken. Bland af but the little buggers loved it. Literally chicken paste.
FYI Once the kids go solid foods the smell and consistency of their poops become adult-like :shrug:
They never liked the baby food from the stores. Except the one that came in a foil pack with a plastic tip I forgot what it's called. They looked like Capri sun's with a valve.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:54 PM   #161
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Any mushy food will do like ripe bananas. I find all the baby food at Superstore to work just fine especially when they are starting. They're not really "eating" at this point, you're just trying to get them comfortable with the texture and basic tastes of things.

My kid hated the vegetable ones - didn't like carrots or peas. Was a fan of most of the fruit ones and anything that had protein in them (that comes later).
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2021, 08:52 PM   #162
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Look up ‘baby led weening’. It’s a lot of work but he’s had over 100 foods before he turned 1 and isn’t picky at all. Will literally eat anything.

My boy turned 1 on Saturday. Just had my parents over and did a nice bbq. Was quiet and enjoyable and just got to spend time with him.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:32 PM   #163

Steamed pears will help with constipation. My 9 month old cries because pooping hurts
Old 05-02-2021, 10:07 PM   #164
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Steamed pears will help with constipation. My 9 month old cries because pooping hurts
When your kid starts solid, my mind was always blown when they put out logs as big as their forearms.
If I was an adult with poops as thick as my forearms I'd cry too.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2021, 02:06 AM   #165

My daughter’s poop is bigger than kinder surprise and hard as a rock. Poor girl.

Doctor said to give her lots of water to soften it.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:23 AM   #166
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
We find prune pouches and pear pouches help with the poop. The prune is super effective.

You can also steam/cook pears yourself.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #167
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Prunes, pears and apples. Applesauce comes in loads of flavours if they don't like the plain kind and it works wonders.

It works on adults too so be careful if you eat one and then decide to finish off the one your kid half ate
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 10:25 PM   #168

So I have a fairly big yard. For years I’ve been seeing these things in store and think they’re pretty cool. A friend has one and says her 3 boys constantly play on it.

My son will most likely end up being an only child. For those with more experience than myself, do you think this is something a single child can enjoy just as much? Of course with outdoor play with mom or myself etc.

I had a brother, so I can’t really take myself out of that frame of mind.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:53 AM   #169
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Look up ‘baby led weening’. It’s a lot of work but he’s had over 100 foods before he turned 1 and isn’t picky at all. Will literally eat anything.

My boy turned 1 on Saturday. Just had my parents over and did a nice bbq. Was quiet and enjoyable and just got to spend time with him.
Do this, we started not long ago with our son and he's enjoying everything.

The only thing is when we take the spoon away he cries ahahah
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:54 AM   #170
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
So I have a fairly big yard. For years I’ve been seeing these things in store and think they’re pretty cool. A friend has one and says her 3 boys constantly play on it.

My son will most likely end up being an only child. For those with more experience than myself, do you think this is something a single child can enjoy just as much? Of course with outdoor play with mom or myself etc.

My oldest plays quite a bit on the basic one I DIY'd last summer, and the youngest won't be old enough to play on it for at least another year or so. Don't forget eventually your son will be having friends over and birthday parties and stuff back there.

Lumber is crazy expensive now though so watch out for that.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2021, 03:46 PM   #171
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts

Lucky ass guys with backyards discussing full blown playgrounds while I'm sitting here in my shoebox trying to figure out how I can fit one of these:

inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:03 PM   #172

@inv4zn my coworker got one of those for his 1.5y/o and it’s his absolute favourite thing in the house bar none. He can’t recommend it enough.

Update: my boy took his first steps last night!! Super exciting
Old 05-12-2021, 06:40 PM   #173
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:

What store?

Ive been back and forth about getting one of theses for my parents house. So my kids and cousins can play on it when we are over. But my son has really enjoyed me taking him to all the parks around Surrey/Coquitlam/Vancouver and him playing with the random kids. When he plays on the playground himself he gets bored pretty quick. 320icar, i believe your son is the exact same age as my son.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:43 PM   #174

Costco. They also have it online too.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #175
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Do u have a link to the one u posted? i cant seem to find that exact one on costco.ca

The tube slide is something the kids love.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote