REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 05-12-2021, 08:08 PM   #176
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Interesting, not sure why it’s not online. Richmond Costco has a sign that literally says “available online” lol

Advertisement
Old 05-14-2021, 03:02 PM   #177
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Costco will purge item's from their site if it's out of stock, but only sometimes. Other times they'll leave it on there and put out of stock.

It's super annoying, but you can find the URL which is still live. Check back on it periodically and it may become available again.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2021, 01:16 PM   #178
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

Lucky ass guys with backyards discussing full blown playgrounds while I'm sitting here in my shoebox trying to figure out how I can fit one of these:

Heh at least with this specific model it folds so you can store it easily and relatively space free when not in use.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:48 AM   #179
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

With things going back to normal it's been nice to take my kid to the playgrounds around my area. I live in Kits and can literally drive towards UBC and can hit up 8 playgrounds and pick a quiet one to play. I live in a shoe box so I don't get the backyard space however most of the parks on the west side are dead since all the rich folks have their own backyards for their kids or they are above using public parks lol.

Pro tip: the water park in the Dunbar area during the summer time is literally dead on the weekends if anyone of you guys needs a quiet park for your kids to play in.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:02 AM   #180
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash13 View Post
With things going back to normal it's been nice to take my kid to the playgrounds around my area. I live in Kits and can literally drive towards UBC and can hit up 8 playgrounds and pick a quiet one to play. I live in a shoe box so I don't get the backyard space however most of the parks on the west side are dead since all the rich folks have their own backyards for their kids or they are above using public parks lol.

Pro tip: the water park in the Dunbar area during the summer time is literally dead on the weekends if anyone of you guys needs a quiet park for your kids to play in.
Yaaas! My youngest which just turned 2 spent 3/4 of her life essentially at home or outside in the hood and has never even gone to play at playground before until yesterday. She had a blast and it was just fucking weird to think wow this is her first time on a slide.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #181

Haha our 14 month old is now walking (semi) comfortably on her own, and she walked on her own outside for the first time yesterday.

A small tip for those who aren't there yet, try not to make a big deal when your child falls when waddling around the house. We found with ours when she was just taking a few steps at a time, she'd fall and then cry and whine for a short time while looking for our reactions. Unless she banged her head somewhere we'd shrug it off and say it's ok, get up and wipe your hands, etc. We wouldn't even go to her. I think that helped a lot because yesterday she fell a few times on the pavement and every time she'd just get up and dust herself off and carry on.

Let them fall (reasonably of course), and get back up on their own. Freaking out and coddling them will do more harm then good (IMO, of course).

Also a tip, from the wife, for kids just learning to walk, hard soled shoes are apparently not good for their development. You want super pliable soft soled shoes to just offer protection from the elements, but still allow them to use their feet muscles to feel the ground, etc.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:47 PM   #182

^^ ditto on all the above. My boys 13mo and running around the house/backyard like a legend. Definitely starting to rack up the bruises hah. This stage is super fun though
Old 06-14-2021, 03:32 PM   #183

Went camping for the first time this year, right around the time she started fully 'walking'. We were concerned that she'd be a handful when the adults are setting up/taking down, but we brought a cheap Ikea highchair w/ tray we picked up used, and she sat still in there for as long as we needed her - I think she was just taking in all the new sights, watching us put the tent up, etc.

The Ikea highchair is actually pretty damn excellent because it fits right over the bench on picnic tables, so she gets to sit and eat with everyone else.

Fell on her ass a handful of times and we found her chewing on some twig she found, but overall super fun and we think she liked it too. Slept well, ate well, took a massive shit three times. Also probably coincidence but within a day of returning she added 4 more words to her vocabulary lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2021, 08:46 AM   #184
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Were they words she heard while you were fighting with a tent?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2021, 12:34 AM   #185
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Waterpark season is upon us and what ive learned in the last month is that the kids love it and if your gonna bring your kids to the park, please bring their own toys. Any type of bucket is preffered by the kids. Multiple times a day i have to ask/negotiate/fight other kids to return toys back to my crying son.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2021, 12:07 PM   #186
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Waterpark season is upon us and what ive learned in the last month is that the kids love it and if your gonna bring your kids to the park, please bring their own toys. Any type of bucket is preffered by the kids. Multiple times a day i have to ask/negotiate/fight other kids to return toys back to my crying son.
We go to sand pits for my son to play. So many kids just come and take our toys and parents don't do anything about it. It's so frustrating.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:00 AM   #187

Who else has a toddler who is not interested in sleeping at all because of this heat. He was hk til 12:30 last night just fuckin around.

Good spirits tho, just being a handful
Old 06-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #188
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
Me. 21 month old, stayed up till around 10:30 when he's usually out by 9. He even has AC in his room.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:17 PM   #189

lol we went camping Saturday night again, she wouldn't sleep until 10:30pm and I woke up to some rustling at 4am and she was standing over my head. Had to take her for a walk around the campgrounds to get her to fall asleep again.

My wife has vowed to never go camping again lol - little does she know I booked 2 nights mid-July...
Old 06-29-2021, 11:24 AM   #190
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Not directly because of the heat, but yesterday evening our power cut out with no ETA on a fix from Fortis. So we zipped up to my inlaws so the 6 month old wouldn't get roasted. She stayed in the room the 3 year old used to stay in up there so I shared a room with the 3 year old in case being in a new bedroom threw her off a bit. She went to bed fine but woke up at 4am and was basically bouncing around from there on out. Every time I'd nearly fall back asleep she'd do something else and wake me up again lol.

4:00 am joins me in the big bed
4:30 am wants to go back to the other bed
5:00 am gets upset because I rolled over and she couldn't see me so she thought I left
5:30 am has to pee
6:00 am turns the light on to read a book
6:30 am wakes me up because she has a booger
7:00 am wants to snuggle
7:30 am wants breakfast

Normally it's a struggle to get her out of bed by 9 and eating before 9:30 lol.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2021, 08:42 PM   #191
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Who else has a toddler who is not interested in sleeping at all because of this heat. He was hk til 12:30 last night just fuckin around.

Good spirits tho, just being a handful
It's been both better and worse - she (27 months) takes more work to get to bed and shows more signs of heat making her tired/grumpy but when she's out she's out. She's sleeping more steadily once she's out (sleeps from 8p-5:30a or so nonstop) than what's been normal lately (waking up at midnight and having to join me and mom for the rest of the night).
Old 06-30-2021, 09:29 AM   #192

lol I guess after 3 days of blistering heat our girl liked the cooler weather. For the first time in ever she didn't wake up until 8am (she's usually up at 6:30am).

Wife and I totally slept in, and I was late for work. 100% worth it.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:51 AM   #193
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
lol we went camping Saturday night again, she wouldn't sleep until 10:30pm and I woke up to some rustling at 4am and she was standing over my head. Had to take her for a walk around the campgrounds to get her to fall asleep again.

My wife has vowed to never go camping again lol - little does she know I booked 2 nights mid-July...
surprisingly one of the best sleeps me and my wife has had was at camp. My son slept through the night which he usually never does. My son prefers the cold weathers to sleep thru than the hot. But at this point in time, ive given up sleep training my son(25 months) cause he just doesnt sleep that well no matter what we do. Its just easier for me to just sleep with him in his bed.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:55 AM   #194

https://www.reddit.com/r/KidsAreFuck..._animal_aaagh/

lol
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #195
I subscribe to Revscene

I dont know how I missed this thread, I see everyone is getting older now. glad to see the evolution of RS members lol
DA9ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #196

Question for those whose child has probably gone through this.

Our 16 month old started biting things randomly & sucking fingers. I assume it's a phase, but it's destructive lol. She ripped off the eye of a teddy bear and last night bit me on the neck for zero reason. She's not teething because she already has all her teeth except the back 4 molars, and it just started out of the blue.

Any tips? Internet says "positive reinforcement" but I don't want to be like "wow you're not sucking your thumb!" because that'll just make her do it...lol
Old 07-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #197
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Oh she's teething, them things will keep growing into place.
My youngest twins were like this, sucking fingers, biting etc. Positive reinforcement works but stern discipline worked even better. Hard to speak to them like an adult but telling the little shits it hurts and by giving them an angry "OW!" sorted that out.... Eventually.
On the oldest twins I put siracha just underneath their favorite sucking finger's nail. Now though they like food spicier than I do. Good luck to you.
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #198
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
After a couple weeks of really bad sleep (like waking at 11p and staying up till 3a) with my 2 year old she finally slept through the night and, oh man, everyone in the house is so much happier. I feel like a new man and wife and I haven't snapped at each other all day.

Of all the things I miss due to kids, sleep is the number one thing - I can live without the nights out, seeing my friends, not owning a sports car etc but good sleep is worth so much nowadays.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2021, 08:58 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
feel like a new man and wife and I haven't snapped at each other all day.
Wish I could say the same. The having a child part is hard, but feels natural. Something I wasn’t ready for was how much the dynamics of a relationship changes. Feels bad man
Old 07-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #200

Yeah that's definitely hard. When the baby was ~1 year old, my wife and I had a big fight and there was a few moments of genuine yelling/screaming. The baby burst out in the most epic cry we've ever heard so we immediately stopped...

But even now, whenever the baby (now 16 months) senses tension in our voices when we talk to each other she randomly starts crying and we both back down.

Emotions are obviously hard to control, but knowing that it's impacting the kid long-term helps keep us at bay.

Spoiler!