REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 07-26-2022, 02:45 PM   #551
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
So a while ago the kid was doing something and bopped the back of her head. To distract her from crying I told her I would teach her how to say "I bumped my head" like a smart adult. She was immediately interested, so half in jest, I taught her to next time say "Something struck my occipital", never expecting her to remember it.

Now every time she bumps her head she says it perfectly, and it's the funniest thing. Everyone who hears her say it also bursts out laughing, and her grandparents think she's a genius. She also sometimes asks for other phrases so I'm convinced it's helpful for language development, although the wife gives me a glare every time I do.

So LPT: Teach your kid a few phrases that are totally disproportionate to their language level, and watch hilarity ensue. Use your judgement of course, probably shouldn't teach a 3 year old to say 'my penis is flaccid' or whatever...lol
Am I the only person who had to google "occipital"?
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2022, 05:49 AM   #552
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Wanted to remind everyone, I'm a CPSAC tech and I would love to check your car seat installs. In person or via zoom/FaceTime just PM me. Let's keep your kiddos safe!
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2022, 08:17 AM   #553
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
Wanted to remind everyone, I'm a CPSAC tech and I would love to check your car seat installs. In person or via zoom/FaceTime just PM me. Let's keep your kiddos safe!
RS child seat meat
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2022, 09:00 AM   #554
Media Officer / MOD

Honestly that totally works for me, get a bunch of you folks out with your cars check the seats makes it easier for me!
Old 08-04-2022, 01:52 PM   #555
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
RS child seat meat
Schedule it during a Stock & Noob meet (coming soon)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #556
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Bruh. So our 27mo son was rough last night. Woke up around 1:30am hysterically crying and totally inconsolable. No temperature, no rash, no falls or head bumps recently, I believe he has all his teeth already. Went on for about a half hour. Got him a little bit calmed down then it totally started up again. After another half our we called the nurses line.

He calmed down once we turned some cartoons on to at least distract him so we could call. They said just to watch him, if he does it again take him to emergency.

Today he seems totally fine like nothing happened. My wife and I have done first aid so we already did our checks (pupils, rapid body survey, even used a stethoscope we had to listen to his chest, everything seemed fine). The only thing that really made me worried was that he was signing/asking for help. And after yelling mama and dada for a while he started yelling for Nana (which to me was like…. If we’re not helping him then he’s screaming for the next person to help).

Just a shitty feeling when there’s nothing wrong, but clearly there was? I mean it’s even possible it was his first nightmare, who knows. But he’s okay today so that’s good.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:44 PM   #557
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Probably first nightmare. Ours is 29 months and we can tell she has a lot more imagination, and deeper understandings of things like linear story lines and cause/effect and stuff.

It could also be other things, like maybe you guys (the parents) had an argument, or they saw something they thought was scary, etc.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:48 PM   #558
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Well he has been watching some adventure time.. which is not really his age but he loves it
Old 08-05-2022, 08:26 PM   #559
Media Officer / MOD

well good news is all is well now? That must be scary though
Old 08-08-2022, 07:56 AM   #560

So...about 3 weeks ago I took out her RF car seat to turn around due to her cast. I noticed the seat (Nuna Rava) left a pretty significant indent on the seat back, where the 'leg support' of the car seat extends out.

By turning the seat around I thought it would "heal" itself, but 3 weeks later it's exactly the same.

I turned the seat back last night and the marks are still there.

I googled a bit and people said to use heat guns to massage out the seats...should I do that now, and then put the seat back? Just leave it until she's ready to FF? Obviously safety is priority (also she was RF for the first time in a while today and she was complaining she can't see shit hahah), but I also don't want deformed seats..lol
Old 08-08-2022, 09:43 AM   #561
Media Officer / MOD

The foam takes a while to expand back, depending on car it could vary.
I'm not sure if heat gun works but I would be careful holding a heat gun close to upholstery.

Have you tried massaging it? LOL Just thinking working the foam would help it kinda decompress.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2022, 11:06 AM   #562
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Buddy with a couple of immaculate RX7s out east recently posted that the foam took 6 months to decompress after taking the car seats out.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2022, 12:25 PM   #563
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
So I took my kid to this place -- Kerrisdale Play Palace at the Kerrisdale Cyclone Taylor Arena:

https://kerrisdalecc.com/facilities-...play-palace-2/

and the little person basically bouncy castled himself to exhaustion over the course of 1.5+ hrs LOL~

The place is run by CoV Parks Board, so admission is dirt cheap. The place has stuff that are supposed to be child-friendly from under 6 months to 12 yrs old, although I'd say the facilities really works best for children who can walk effectively all the way up to about 8 - 9 yrs old.

They have 5 bouncy castles of various "difficulties", along with play areas for children at other ages.

The place was not packed at all during the whole morning when we went, although there might still be short line ups here and there. My kid had a really good time there, so I figure other RS parents might be interested in trying it out as well.

(But strangely, he said he is not going back even though he was playing his heart out yesterday LOL~)
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #564
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
So I took my kid to this place -- Kerrisdale Play Palace at the Kerrisdale Cyclone Taylor Arena:

https://kerrisdalecc.com/facilities-...play-palace-2/

and the little person basically bouncy castled himself to exhaustion over the course of 1.5+ hrs LOL~

The place is run by CoV Parks Board, so admission is dirt cheap. The place has stuff that are supposed to be child-friendly from under 6 months to 12 yrs old, although I'd say the facilities really works best for children who can walk effectively all the way up to about 8 - 9 yrs old.

They have 5 bouncy castles of various "difficulties", along with play areas for children at other ages.

The place was not packed at all during the whole morning when we went, although there might still be short line ups here and there. My kid had a really good time there, so I figure other RS parents might be interested in trying it out as well.

(But strangely, he said he is not going back even though he was playing his heart out yesterday LOL~)
That looks great, thanks for the tip.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:53 AM   #565
Media Officer / MOD

That doesn't look too bad, RS family meet? LOL
Old 08-09-2022, 09:00 AM   #566
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Do I need to bring a kid to attend?
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:12 AM   #567
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
So...about 3 weeks ago I took out her RF car seat to turn around due to her cast. I noticed the seat (Nuna Rava) left a pretty significant indent on the seat back, where the 'leg support' of the car seat extends out.

By turning the seat around I thought it would "heal" itself, but 3 weeks later it's exactly the same.

I turned the seat back last night and the marks are still there.

I googled a bit and people said to use heat guns to massage out the seats...should I do that now, and then put the seat back? Just leave it until she's ready to FF? Obviously safety is priority (also she was RF for the first time in a while today and she was complaining she can't see shit hahah), but I also don't want deformed seats..lol
I just traded in my car which has been with me longer than I've had my kids (ages 8 and 3) Needless to say the seats were fucking indented like shit haha. I also didn't have the car seat protectors in my car. Did you?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 12:00 PM   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I just traded in my car which has been with me longer than I've had my kids (ages 8 and 3) Needless to say the seats were fucking indented like shit haha. I also didn't have the car seat protectors in my car. Did you?
No, none approved with my car seat haha.

Did dealer make a fuss?
Old 08-09-2022, 12:37 PM   #569
Media Officer / MOD

FYI, car seat protectors don't do much. I have a Clek protector with the Clek seat in my CRV and there's still dents. All they really do is keep liquids and debris from getting on the seat and that's it.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2022, 01:52 PM   #570

Quote:
No, none approved with my car seat haha.

Did dealer make a fuss?
They didn't even look lol. When they first looked at the car the car seats were still in the car and everything was already agreed upon. I brought the car back a few days later with the seats off and I honestly don't think anyone even looked or cared. It's probably nothing new to be honest. People trade in cars all the time and a ton of them I'm sure are parents who have had car seats in their car for extended periods of time.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2022, 08:44 AM   #571
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
there's no way of installing car seats properly without denting the seats; if the seats are not dented, the car seats are not on tight enough
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2022, 02:15 PM   #572

So we turned her back to rear facing since her leg is fine now, and she hates it lol.

The wife told her she'll turn around when she's 3 years old, and now every single damn time we put her in the car she asks if she's 3 yet.

I'm of the mindset we can turn her around to FF...it's like giving her something for a few weeks and then taking it away... but wife is adamant lol. Ugh.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:30 PM   #573
Media Officer / MOD

Quote:
So we turned her back to rear facing since her leg is fine now, and she hates it lol.

The wife told her she'll turn around when she's 3 years old, and now every single damn time we put her in the car she asks if she's 3 yet.

I'm of the mindset we can turn her around to FF...it's like giving her something for a few weeks and then taking it away... but wife is adamant lol. Ugh.
So key things to think about, their little necks are not developed.

If you have them FF, knock on wood you happen to be in a frontal collision their head will snap forward. It's a lot of force on the neck if something was to happen. This is why HANS device is used in motorsport.

What I suggest, if possible take out the rear headrest where the seat is installed. (Provided that's allowed by your vehicle and car seat manufacture) That way she'll have a better view behind.

Here's a video of RF vs FF
Old 08-11-2022, 01:51 PM   #574

Totally get it though, forward facing from a parent point of view is just easier to get in and out etc. From a safety perspective though they always say leave them Rear Facing for as long as possible. A lot of parents myself including want to put them Forward Facing the moment they meet those minimum requirements.

Old 08-11-2022, 02:16 PM   #575

Our issue is that she experienced forward facing for a month, due to the cast. So she knows life is better when looking forward lol.

She hasn't thrown a fit about it yet, so we'll wait and see.