REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 03-23-2012, 01:10 AM   #751
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliuu View Post
you guys know anything about sacred heart tattoo? Sacred Heart tattoo and Piercing

Are they any good at Japanese art tattoos? Anyone they could recommend and prices
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
could people stop asking about pricing. how hard is it to make a phone call.
plus the question has been asked/replied 1000 times in this thread already
most local shops are 140-180 an hour.
Advertisement
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #752
I STILL don't get it

look up the shops and the artist's portfolios are online.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #753
I STILL don't get it

strictly tattoo is probably what your lookin for.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #754
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
If you're new to looking at portfolios, read this

Guen Douglas: How to Properly Examine a Tattoo Portfolio « TAM Blog
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #755
I STILL don't get it

great post !!

i think there should be a sticky with this and a few othere things.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #756
Need to Seek Professional Help

Anyone have any experience with shops in Vietnam?

Edit: I'm also gonna do a short review of my experience at trigger happy with jay. Steer clear if you can!

I had several appointments booked to finish a 3 quarter sleeve. During the consultation, I told jay everything I was looking for (koi tattoo with specific colors, examples). Left the consultation happy. In our first appointment, jay completely "forgot" that I wanted a colour tattoo and ran the shader right through the koi's head. Because of this, I now have to change the whole concept of the tattoo and change accommodate a black koi fish into the art. (I put forgot in the quotations because I have a strong feeling jay never even wrote down anything during our consultation)

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I decided to keep on going with our other planned appointments, hoping we can work with a black fish. 1 hour before our appointment, jay calls abruptly and cancels the appointment on me! I know things come up but you have to take accountability for your actions. Now my day has been wasted. Jay tells me to call back in a few days to re book. Yeah rights I thought... I ended up calling him anyways but he never picked up. Jay finally calls me on a Sunday afternoon a week later and we book another date.

Our third session was alright, but boy did I feel rushed. The lines on my tattoo are all crooked and out of the outline and line thickness is all inconsistent. Im really upset at this point. Note: I haven't displayed my disappointment yet hoping that we can all still fix this with shading and what not.

4th appointment: again, 1 hour before the appointment starts jay cancels on me. Me being in public was the only thing that had me biting my tongue and not cursing at jay. I told him I wanted my deposit back and that I would take my business elsewhere. The tattoo is about 20 hours from being done.

Fast forward a month later (I haven't went back to get my deposit yet), he calls me and asks if I want to book an appointment. I'm like wtf is this shit?

Anyhow I just want to share my experience with the RS community of my experiences with jay. I have gotten art from other artists in van and this is by far my worst experience. Jay is unorganized and does not seem like he has the passion for his work. Everything is rushed and mechanical.

End rant

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i

Last edited by AutozamAZ-3; 03-25-2012 at 07:27 PM.
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #757
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 30,977 Times in 7,100 Posts
That really sucks. I hope you get lucky and find another artist that will be willing to work with what you have to fix it to what you hoped it would be.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #758

Oh man that's fucking brutal.. you should have ditched him after the first session though TBH. Can you post some pics so we can see how bad it is?
Old 03-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #759
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

im looking into getting a half sleeve of some japanese art
i went to adrenalin for my first one but none of the artist specialize in japanese
any recommendations on where and who??

thanx
Old 03-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #760

There are lots of suggestions in the thread, check it out
Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #761
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 View Post
Anyone have any experience with shops in Vietnam?

Edit: I'm also gonna do a short review of my experience at trigger happy with jay. Steer clear if you can!

I had several appointments booked to finish a 3 quarter sleeve. During the consultation, I told jay everything I was looking for (koi tattoo with specific colors, examples). Left the consultation happy. In our first appointment, jay completely "forgot" that I wanted a colour tattoo and ran the shader right through the koi's head. Because of this, I now have to change the whole concept of the tattoo and change accommodate a black koi fish into the art. (I put forgot in the quotations because I have a strong feeling jay never even wrote down anything during our consultation)

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I decided to keep on going with our other planned appointments, hoping we can work with a black fish. 1 hour before our appointment, jay calls abruptly and cancels the appointment on me! I know things come up but you have to take accountability for your actions. Now my day has been wasted. Jay tells me to call back in a few days to re book. Yeah rights I thought... I ended up calling him anyways but he never picked up. Jay finally calls me on a Sunday afternoon a week later and we book another date.

Our third session was alright, but boy did I feel rushed. The lines on my tattoo are all crooked and out of the outline and line thickness is all inconsistent. Im really upset at this point. Note: I haven't displayed my disappointment yet hoping that we can all still fix this with shading and what not.

4th appointment: again, 1 hour before the appointment starts jay cancels on me. Me being in public was the only thing that had me biting my tongue and not cursing at jay. I told him I wanted my deposit back and that I would take my business elsewhere. The tattoo is about 20 hours from being done.

Fast forward a month later (I haven't went back to get my deposit yet), he calls me and asks if I want to book an appointment. I'm like wtf is this shit?

Anyhow I just want to share my experience with the RS community of my experiences with jay. I have gotten art from other artists in van and this is by far my worst experience. Jay is unorganized and does not seem like he has the passion for his work. Everything is rushed and mechanical.

End rant
shitty that you got a bad experience with jay. i guess the increase of business in his shop is getting to him. and with jay there really is no "consultation" with him, he pretty much just free-hands the work on the first appointment and asks if that is what you had in mind. it's a shame that his quality in work has gone downhill... trigger happy was beginning to make a name for itself.

i suggest for you to let him finish however many koi's you had in mind for your sleeve and then let jesse at blackwater finish the rest of the work, since their styles are pretty similar. dunno if jesse would touch his work though...
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
shitty that you got a bad experience with jay. i guess the increase of business in his shop is getting to him. and with jay there really is no "consultation" with him, he pretty much just free-hands the work on the first appointment and asks if that is what you had in mind. it's a shame that his quality in work has gone downhill... trigger happy was beginning to make a name for itself.

i suggest for you to let him finish however many koi's you had in mind for your sleeve and then let jesse at blackwater finish the rest of the work, since their styles are pretty similar. dunno if jesse would touch his work though...
Yeah, I did research on jay and found out he used to be Jesse apprenticeship which was exactly why I booked with jay to start with; all my other work has been done with Jesse and thought the styles would be consistent enough. I didn't book with Jesse again because his wait list was so long. Guess this is the price you pay for being impatient... I have some other work with Jesse next month to finish some other pieces so I might swing it by him and see if he's open to it, if I don't find anyone else by then. I have a feeling Jesse would do it but knowing Jesse at the same time, it's going to come with a very long and hefty rant lol!

Skinny--I'll take some pics and post em up as soon as I can

/// E46 328i
Old 03-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #763
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
^ book with andrea!! style is somewhat similiar and shes def a lot better than jay, more friendly, actually take her time with her consulation etc etc
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #764
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #765
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I was at sinister skin on saturday for 5 hours and they had some guy come in that was tattoo'd at the dutchman and wanted his tattoo fixed but they could only suggest getting it lasered to lighten the tattoo and then come back and they would work something out.
Ive been to the dutchman twice and wasn't really happy now that i think about it, i get way better work and prices at sinister skin only problem is Dave books 3 months + in advance
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
^ book with andrea!! style is somewhat similiar and shes def a lot better than jay, more friendly, actually take her time with her consulation etc etc
Thanks for the suggestion man, but I'm not too much a fan of her work. The only time Im heading back is to get my deposit back lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
Ive been to the dutchman twice and wasn't really happy now that i think about it, i get way better work and prices at sinister skin only problem is Dave books 3 months + in advance
3 months isn't much for a great tattoo!

It's hard to show the flaws so I tried to take a pic of the obvious ones. It looks better on camera, for whatever that's worth haha

/// E46 328i
Old 03-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #767
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
^ yea i was just gonna say it looks alright until the second pic.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #768

Yeah those lines are jacked
Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #769
I STILL don't get it

well it could be worse,.. the lines are fucked but not to noticable untill you look really close.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #770

damn tbh its not tat bad, but i know how you feel. sucks when you pay and you dont get the top quality especially when its a tattoo.
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #771

Yeah it's not bad from afar, but like this shit is on me... For life! But it's not just the poor artwork from jay, but of how unorganized and shitty "service", for a lack of a better word.

It's not that bad and is fixable with shading and re-doing some of the outline and contour but never will I recommend trigger happy tattoo to anyone.

Hell I never even wanted a black koi to start with!

/// E46 328i
Old 03-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #772

The shitty service would almost be worth it if you got a killer tattoo in the end. Unfortunately that one is decent at best right now.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #773

it doesn't look to bad but its not what you wanted. I would rage if that had happened to me, shit i was kinda pissed that i got cancled on with my tattoo guy but then he got me in 3 days later after hours 6-11 on a friday night so dude really made up for it.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #774
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
General question. I see alot of guys in van who rock those sleeves and they all look pretty sketch. Is it safe to assume that those with tats do criminal activity? Im not talkin bout just any tat but the ones u see on asian guys... Dragons kois demons and the sort
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #775

No its not safe to assume, alot of people have tattoo's and full sleeves are becoming more common.