REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Sleeping problems (https://www.revscene.net/forums/555726-sleeping-problems.html)

RSXmiloRSx 12-04-2008 10:14 AM

Sleeping problems

hi, to begin with, it is exam times, but it's not like i haven't had an exam before.... having said that i am BARELY tired when it's time to sleep,as in last night i didn't sleep and stayed up for about 28 hours and not feeling tired, and when i do get to sleep if i do, i am always freezing and then i wake up in a hot sweat every hour. i have a decreased appetite.... no doctors in till monday that i can see... thought i'd post here till then, and before 2 days ago i was completely fine and i generally sleep like a rock...

cliffs:

exam time... anxiety?
not tired, stayed awake for 28 hours
decreased appetite
very cold... wake up in hot sweat every hour
all happening within 2 days or so

Supafly 12-04-2008 11:08 AM

it could even be your bed....how old is it?

a sagging bed can lead to a shitty sleep...flip your mattress?

RSXmiloRSx 12-04-2008 11:11 AM

well i switched rooms just yesterday... so mattress probably got flipped over... it's new, my bed is really comfy... i sleep really well... not a shitty sleeper... that's why this is bothering me

dinamix 12-04-2008 11:23 AM

MONO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis

RSXmiloRSx 12-04-2008 11:26 AM

you really think it's mono? :(

doesn't mono make you REALLY tired though?...

Girl 12-04-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSXmiloRSx (Post 6155864)
hi, to begin with, it is exam times, but it's not like i haven't had an exam before.... having said that i am BARELY tired when it's time to sleep,as in last night i didn't sleep and stayed up for about 28 hours and not feeling tired, and when i do get to sleep if i do, i am always freezing and then i wake up in a hot sweat every hour. i have a decreased appetite.... no doctors in till monday that i can see... thought i'd post here till then, and before 2 days ago i was completely fine and i generally sleep like a rock...

cliffs:

exam time... anxiety?
not tired, stayed awake for 28 hours
decreased appetite
very cold... wake up in hot sweat every hour
all happening within 2 days or so

So you fall asleep freezing and when you wake up you're all hot and sweaty or you wake up sweaty? I don't think I understand.

RSXmiloRSx 12-04-2008 09:45 PM

wake up hot and sweaty

saucywoman 01-28-2009 10:47 AM

looking for some advice as well. Monday I woke up at 4:30 to go to the bathroom and couldn't get back to sleep. I figured I'd sleep well that night. Went to the gym for an hour and was home by 7 pm. Got some bad news at that time, spent some time bawling my eyes out and finally went to bed about 9ish. Figured I'd sleep completely through the night with the combination of being up so early and the crying but nope I woke up at 5 am. Last night I skipped the gym because I needed to do laundry and wanted to get it done as soon as I got home from work so I could go to bed early. Ended up going to bed just after 8:30 but didn't fall asleep until 9. Woke up at 4 this morning to go to the bathroom and couldn't fall back asleep. I did fall asleep around 5:30/6 for maybe like 15 minutes but it was that type of sleep where you aren't fully asleep and can hear what's going on around you.

I can't keep going on this little sleep and need some suggestions. It can't be my bed because I just got a brand new pillowtop last saturday. tia :)

RSXmiloRSx 01-28-2009 04:08 PM

i'd place my bets on stress, turned out that's what it was with me

saucywoman 01-28-2009 05:37 PM

^^ bah, that's not something I can get rid of anytime soon :(
Tonight is going to be another try, although I do have an appointment with my trainer for half an hour at either 7:30 or 8

Revive 01-30-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSXmiloRSx (Post 6251097)
i'd place my bets on stress, turned out that's what it was with me

Bingo! Once a student, its exactly what it is. I used to take sleeping pills around exam time to help me fall asleep and once exams were over I used fall asleep without any problems....

Armind 01-30-2009 01:26 PM

Don't take sleeping pills, you will later depend on them to get your rest.

Anyways.. click my signature link :thumbsup: