REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   My Bloody Valentine 3D (https://www.revscene.net/forums/561077-my-bloody-valentine-3d.html)

Amped 01-18-2009 11:07 AM

My Bloody Valentine 3D

It looks pretty good.

Did anyone watch this yet?

RayBot 01-18-2009 06:55 PM

Its a slasher film....Of course its not going to be good....

but it will be hella fun to watch in 3d.

Just so you guys know....its NOT playing in 3d at Riverport. I had to deal with so many complaints with that on Friday

threezero 01-19-2009 12:34 AM

Went to c it yesterday with my girl.

typical slasher movie with horrible acting and dialogue. The effect was cool but not mind blowing by any sense.

tips to those that are interested in going. Go in early and find a GOOD center seat. I went in 15 mins before the movie start and got a 2 seats by the back of the theatre off to the side. And during the dark scenes there was a very noticeable green overlay on the screen and it ruins some of the effects as most of the eye popping effects happened in the dark.

I would love to see japanese horror film maker make something incredible with this.

btw I swear i saw a 3d movie before in riverport. Is this like a complete new technology that requires new projectors???

EDIT: just a heads up. I received 2 courtesy tickets on the way out when I watched it in metrotown. pretty good deal :)

Berzerker 01-19-2009 12:41 AM

I saw it last night and I loved it. Went with my GF and both of us left smiling. I don't know about the seating issue but we got there early and had great seats. The effects were awesome and I will admit to flinching and "dodging" stuff a few times. I wish more movies would be filmed like this.

I am not to sure about the tech involved but what I do know is it goes with polarization. I don't know if there are 2 camera's each showing an image with different polarization or if it's just one camera.

I would highly recommend seeing it in theater!!!

Berz out.

macatacz 01-19-2009 12:46 AM

Haven't watched it yet.. but it looks so trippy!

threezero 01-19-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6232337)
I saw it last night and I loved it. Went with my GF and both of us left smiling. I don't know about the seating issue but we got there early and had great seats. The effects were awesome and I will admit to flinching and "dodging" stuff a few times. I wish more movies would be filmed like this.

I am not to sure about the tech involved but what I do know is it goes with polarization. I don't know if there are 2 camera's each showing an image with different polarization or if it's just one camera.

Berz out.

were you sitting dead center? did you get courtesy tickets too?

I agree, without the effects this movie is not even rental worthy

Berzerker 01-19-2009 01:03 AM

I saw it in Kelowna so no courtesy tickets for me lol.

Not worth renting unless they can magically make it 3D (I kept my glasses just in case) :D

Berz out.

Care 01-19-2009 07:20 AM

RayBot 01-19-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6232337)

Berz out.

No...its not two images showed by two cameras. You were watching it on a digital projector.....hence why our theatre doesn't have it in 3d....we don't have a digital projector.

Care 01-19-2009 08:23 AM

RayBot 01-19-2009 09:47 AM

No...as far as i know, they don't need 2 cameras to film it...but traditionally, they need two projectors to display it. I think its impossible to take the exact same images with two different cameras.....the angles would be so slightly off, i just can't imagine it would not be the same image.

Its easy for film makers to duplicate a film and re-polarize each film with a certain colour filter, and splice what needs to come out more for 3d effects.

My brother does filming and videography and finished his stuff at BCIT...so thats what he relayed over.

RayBot 01-19-2009 09:53 AM

Oh...here we go....

For anyone curious, all 3d movies thats NOT imax is being displayed on this format:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_D_Cinema

7seven 01-19-2009 12:08 PM

I think all of you should go watch this movie, only because one of my friends is starring in it and he's promised a few off us vacations on him if the film does $30mil in the first 2 weeks lol.

Vansterdam 01-19-2009 01:15 PM

4d movies is where its at,

when i was in vietnam i was like wtf? did they make a mistake? but its preety much a 3d movie with effects inside the theatre, like when u see someone get stabbed orwhatever., u feel this thing push ur back. and there was like light shows,bubbles, mist spraying at you

overall preety sweet! the movie i saw was some chinese/korean style movie about a couple and some white horse, anyone know what im tlaking about

wish they had that shit ere

XtC_13aBy 01-19-2009 01:34 PM

Watched it last night, was expecting a typical slasher film (basically expected a crappy, predictable plot), but it turned out pretty good. It was fun trying to figure out who the killer was. There should be more movies out in 3D, something different.

threezero 01-19-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtC_13aBy (Post 6233064)
Watched it last night, was expecting a typical slasher film (basically expected a crappy, predictable plot), but it turned out pretty good. It was fun trying to figure out who the killer was. There should be more movies out in 3D, something different.

The black guy looks so suspicious

wingies 01-21-2009 12:21 AM

where can i watch this in 3d? silvercity said they are playing it but i dunno if its in 3d

RayBot 01-21-2009 12:31 AM

Look at Cineplex's site.

It will specifically say by location "Digital 3D"

If it doesn't say that...assume its NOT 3d.

hotjoint 01-21-2009 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 6232905)
I think all of you should go watch this movie, only because one of my friends is starring in it and he's promised a few off us vacations on him if the film does $30mil in the first 2 weeks lol.

:lol

Berzerker 01-21-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 6233033)
4d movies is where its at,

when i was in vietnam i was like wtf? did they make a mistake? but its preety much a 3d movie with effects inside the theatre, like when u see someone get stabbed orwhatever., u feel this thing push ur back. and there was like light shows,bubbles, mist spraying at you

overall preety sweet! the movie i saw was some chinese/korean style movie about a couple and some white horse, anyone know what im tlaking about

wish they had that shit ere

They have that at universal studios I think.. things rub your ankles and air blows in your face and stuff. I haven't been to one of those yet but I think that would be awesome.

Kind of like going to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show in theater :D now THATS good theater

Berz out.

Girl 01-21-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 6232905)

If that "few of us" includes a ticket for me than I'll gladly go and watch the movie :D