REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,037 Times in 94 Posts
My Bloody Valentine 3D

It looks pretty good.

Did anyone watch this yet?
Advertisement
Amped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Its a slasher film....Of course its not going to be good....

but it will be hella fun to watch in 3d.

Just so you guys know....its NOT playing in 3d at Riverport. I had to deal with so many complaints with that on Friday

Last edited by RayBot; 01-18-2009 at 06:55 PM.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Went to c it yesterday with my girl.

typical slasher movie with horrible acting and dialogue. The effect was cool but not mind blowing by any sense.

tips to those that are interested in going. Go in early and find a GOOD center seat. I went in 15 mins before the movie start and got a 2 seats by the back of the theatre off to the side. And during the dark scenes there was a very noticeable green overlay on the screen and it ruins some of the effects as most of the eye popping effects happened in the dark.

I would love to see japanese horror film maker make something incredible with this.

btw I swear i saw a 3d movie before in riverport. Is this like a complete new technology that requires new projectors???

EDIT: just a heads up. I received 2 courtesy tickets on the way out when I watched it in metrotown. pretty good deal

Last edited by threezero; 01-19-2009 at 12:36 AM.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I saw it last night and I loved it. Went with my GF and both of us left smiling. I don't know about the seating issue but we got there early and had great seats. The effects were awesome and I will admit to flinching and "dodging" stuff a few times. I wish more movies would be filmed like this.

I am not to sure about the tech involved but what I do know is it goes with polarization. I don't know if there are 2 camera's each showing an image with different polarization or if it's just one camera.

I would highly recommend seeing it in theater!!!

Berz out.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Haven't watched it yet.. but it looks so trippy!
macatacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I saw it last night and I loved it. Went with my GF and both of us left smiling. I don't know about the seating issue but we got there early and had great seats. The effects were awesome and I will admit to flinching and "dodging" stuff a few times. I wish more movies would be filmed like this.

I am not to sure about the tech involved but what I do know is it goes with polarization. I don't know if there are 2 camera's each showing an image with different polarization or if it's just one camera.

Berz out.
were you sitting dead center? did you get courtesy tickets too?

I agree, without the effects this movie is not even rental worthy
Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #7
Ricer Mod

I saw it in Kelowna so no courtesy tickets for me lol.

Not worth renting unless they can magically make it 3D (I kept my glasses just in case)

Berz out.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #8
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Last edited by Care; 09-08-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post

Berz out.

No...its not two images showed by two cameras. You were watching it on a digital projector.....hence why our theatre doesn't have it in 3d....we don't have a digital projector.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #10
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Last edited by Care; 09-08-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #11

No...as far as i know, they don't need 2 cameras to film it...but traditionally, they need two projectors to display it. I think its impossible to take the exact same images with two different cameras.....the angles would be so slightly off, i just can't imagine it would not be the same image.

Its easy for film makers to duplicate a film and re-polarize each film with a certain colour filter, and splice what needs to come out more for 3d effects.

My brother does filming and videography and finished his stuff at BCIT...so thats what he relayed over.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #12

Oh...here we go....

For anyone curious, all 3d movies thats NOT imax is being displayed on this format:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_D_Cinema
Old 01-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #13
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I think all of you should go watch this movie, only because one of my friends is starring in it and he's promised a few off us vacations on him if the film does $30mil in the first 2 weeks lol.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #14
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
4d movies is where its at,

when i was in vietnam i was like wtf? did they make a mistake? but its preety much a 3d movie with effects inside the theatre, like when u see someone get stabbed orwhatever., u feel this thing push ur back. and there was like light shows,bubbles, mist spraying at you

overall preety sweet! the movie i saw was some chinese/korean style movie about a couple and some white horse, anyone know what im tlaking about

wish they had that shit ere
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #15
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Watched it last night, was expecting a typical slasher film (basically expected a crappy, predictable plot), but it turned out pretty good. It was fun trying to figure out who the killer was. There should be more movies out in 3D, something different.
XtC_13aBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC_13aBy View Post
Watched it last night, was expecting a typical slasher film (basically expected a crappy, predictable plot), but it turned out pretty good. It was fun trying to figure out who the killer was. There should be more movies out in 3D, something different.
The black guy looks so suspicious
Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 AM   #17
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

where can i watch this in 3d? silvercity said they are playing it but i dunno if its in 3d
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #18

Look at Cineplex's site.

It will specifically say by location "Digital 3D"

If it doesn't say that...assume its NOT 3d.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #19
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I think all of you should go watch this movie, only because one of my friends is starring in it and he's promised a few off us vacations on him if the film does $30mil in the first 2 weeks lol.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #20
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
4d movies is where its at,

when i was in vietnam i was like wtf? did they make a mistake? but its preety much a 3d movie with effects inside the theatre, like when u see someone get stabbed orwhatever., u feel this thing push ur back. and there was like light shows,bubbles, mist spraying at you

overall preety sweet! the movie i saw was some chinese/korean style movie about a couple and some white horse, anyone know what im tlaking about

wish they had that shit ere
They have that at universal studios I think.. things rub your ankles and air blows in your face and stuff. I haven't been to one of those yet but I think that would be awesome.

Kind of like going to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show in theater now THATS good theater

Berz out.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #21
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
If that "few of us" includes a ticket for me than I'll gladly go and watch the movie

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote